2009 Interschools It was a good one....

spudatm

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I emailed them last week asking about the schools comp they said they would email out info this week. Finger crossed

todd94

Squid
No offence but raw nrg, held a pretty pathetic interschools this year, nice guys down at the shop though.
Most people ride friday and race sat (although as said above you can get a deal for thurs as well).
I think it works out around $150 or something for the 2day lift pass. They also have 4x and Xc.
You dont have to qualify for the 1st round, but the 2nd weekend you do although last year i think everyone qualified...
I think you need permission form your school, like a headmasters signature of something but no big deal.
I think it was the complete reverse, besides the Shimano guys rawnrg gave me no help wat so ever wen i broke some stuff. But other than that the race organistation was great

[Z]

Likes Dirt
haha na, the double interschools idea is pathetic. it draws away the crowds because of the cost, and is completely unnecassary, seeing as everyone qualified. the guys are nice, but were pretty stingy, which was the reason for two interschools... more money for them!
im hoping that the new organisers go with the one race, because there are more people and tis way more fun.

_CODY_

Likes Dirt
Sheldon College also participates in selected interschool competitions. Sports in which Sheldon College fields teams include:
• Rugby Union
• Equestrian
• Volleyball
• Australian Football
• Touch Football
• Soccer
• Futsal
• Netball
• Basketbal
--------
Was does that seriously have to do with mountain biking??? And are you just some one trying to promote this stuck up school?
Flame?

whitey89

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I think it was the complete reverse, besides the Shimano guys rawnrg gave me no help wat so ever wen i broke some stuff. But other than that the race organistation was great
The shop itself was good, just the orgnisation of the event wasn't too crash hot.

tim_d

Likes Dirt
Anyone know how much it would cost to hire out one of the stab supremes for the Dh part? Just been told today we will get farked if we are trying to go fast on our 100mm hardtail djers:p.
Anyone else riding hardtails in the dh whos done it before? Or what do people think about this?

ipod

Likes Dirt
Anyone else riding hardtails in the dh whos done it before? Or what do people think about this?

it gives your bike a working... unless your really smooth. i would hire a dually

it also made my friends wrist all weird.. they creak now

Megs:)

Likes Dirt
The SE MTB website lists the 20th-22nd Feb 09 event as being the NSW Interschools, not the National Interschools (if they were thinking of making it all one event this year) and not the northern or southern conference thing either. Does that mean every state has their own and there will be a national one? If so when and where?

And isn't there another thread all about holding the NSW Interschools in the middle of the year near Sydney or the blue mountains (as a separate and new standalone event not related to the all the conference/national business). So which one is the real NSW Interschools Championships - surely there should only be one and what is this Thredbo event really called? :confused:

spudatm

Likes Bikes and Dirt
This is going to get confusing as i am explaining it so bear with me. Firstly id like to say i have nothing against SE MTB i just going to state the facts as i know them and please correct me if i have my facts wrong.
They are two separate events. SE MTB have inherited the event from NRG which was formally know as the National inter schools championships. NRG last year ran a Northern and Southern conference and then a nationals. This year SE MTB have decided to call the event the NSW inter schools and it would appear that it is the same format as the NRG event without the Northern and Sounthern conferences. As far as i'm aware there are no events in other states apart from victoria and there will be no nationals this year. The other event that has been mentioned is the NSW All schools championships. I along with another farkin member approached NSWMTB to offer our assistance in organising a NSW event along similar lines to the ACT event. They approved this and the event has been set down for the 21st of june at Yellowmundie regional park and will be a four hour teams xc enduro event. Schools from outside NSW are definately welcome at the Allschools champs, not sure about the Interschools. To clarify they are two separate events running in isolation of each other. So the differences are.
NSW Interschools is not sanctioned by NSWMTB
NSW All schools is
NSW Interschools has Downhill 4x and XC
NSW Allschools is a teams based xc enduro format
NSW Interschools is on the 20-22 febuary 2009
NSW Allschools is on the 21st of June 2009
Both will be good events hopefully schools will come to both.
i suppose ideally in the future all states would have their own event and then there will be an official National schools MTB championships, however i would suggest that this is someway off as of 2009 only ACT NSW and Vic have some sort of schools race. For this to happen all the events would ideally be sanctioned first at a state level then by MTBA, however it would appear that this is not always happening

Last edited:

zaccyboy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Anyone know how much it would cost to hire out one of the stab supremes for the Dh part? Just been told today we will get farked if we are trying to go fast on our 100mm hardtail djers:p.
I raced this year on a Hardtail with 130mm manitou stances (so stiff).
It's like torture, get a DH bike for sure. Although there was a dude on a 07 STP 1 that was single speed and he raced the DH.
It's all fun in the end anyway.
Edit: Thanks for clearing that up spudatm, I didn't want to type that much :p.

Last edited:

joemax

Likes Dirt
Cycling Australia schools championships

Just to add a bit more confusion to the mix Cycling Australia have announced their own championships.

DATES:
Wednesday, April 1 & Thursday April 2, 2009.

CATEGORIES:
Snr Male (Yrs 10, 11, 12)
Snr Female (Yrs 10, 11, 12)
Jnr Male (Yrs 7, 8, 9)
Jnr Female (Yrs 7, 8, 9)

PLACE:
Shepparton, Victoria

DISCIPLINES:
Individual Time Trial (Road)
Road Race (Road)
Hill Climb (Road)
Teams Time Trial (min 3 riders) (Road)
Cross Country (MTB)
Downhill (MTB)

s_t_3_v_3

Likes Dirt
Does anyone know if theres gonna be any other events at thredbo during this summer? I know they'v moved a lot of the major comps such as the Australian nationals to stromlo, but surely there must be other races appart from the interschools that arent posted on that site??

Last edited:

Le Matelot

Canberra Off-Road Cyclists
ACT Schools MTB Champs

Just to throw anther spanner into the works...

CORC's ACT Schools MTB Champs is on Friday 28 August (the Friday before the World Champs starts) at Stromlo in Canberra. This is the same race that CORC has run for 6+ years and is a cross country 4 hour enduro for teams.

There will be a skills afternoon the day before.

Teams are in year groups of 7/8, 9/10 and 11/12 - with male, female and mixed teams in each group.

Entries will be via the CORC Website but they won't be open for a couple of months yet.

Sam.

Eats Squid
Does anyone know if theres gonna be any other events at thredbo during this summer? I know they'v moved a lot of the major comps such as the Australian nationals to stromlo, but surely there must be other races appart from the interschools that arent posted on that site??
Late reply, I know. But *apparently* the first round of the NSW state series will be at Thredders.