2009 Solo 24hr Nationals

AndyFellows

Cannon Fodder
24hr Photographers

just wonding where i can find the links to all the photographers who were at the race. I swear there was about 10! thanks

RED_RACER

Likes Dirt
Green and Gold Jersey

what are peoples view on the green and gold jersey. What "Australian champs" should get them? I dont really understand the politics but is the absence of green and gold jerseys at the solo nationals this year similar to the forest 6hr Australian championships where there is no Australian green and gold jersey on offer?

spudatm

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Events that have been granted "National" status by MTBA should have a green and gold on offer. Any other event should not use the title "National" or Australian Championships or offer a green and gold jersey to the winner. To coincide with that though each state should be able to bid for the respective champs.

normdouglas

Likes Dirt
Gee I'm glad you have raised this first Jase.

I have sent a "please explain" to MTBA.

Jason, I feel that even the absence of the jerseys at the presentation was very disapointing. To make matters worse to date, MTBA still hasn't put results or even a congrats to you or Jess on their website. I'm extremely annoyed about this.

Just to clarify... It's my understanding that this has nothing to do with the Forrest 6 hour thing. Rather, CORC has a contact with MTBA to host the champs, and part of the contract is for MTBA to provide 3 Australian Champs jerseys to each winner.

Last edited:

Knut

Troll hunter
Gaf

Norm, the CORC contact is professional. The reason why a host promoter holds a National round or championships is won on selection after a bid process. Not letting go is your problem. You need to understand that there are a handful of people trying to move a mountain at MTBA and comments like yours don't make it any easier.

I could not give a fark if you think that anyones comments are related to your made-up event. There is no such thing as the National Six Hour at Forrest. There will be no jersey and it does not have MTBA backing. There are paths that you chose not to take. Not my problem.

I can't go and claim the Australian Grand Prix as mine and shrug my shoulders when the promoter asks me a couple of simple questions. i.e, WTF?

If you tried to work with people rather than trying to change the world for your own interests, you may find that there are hands to help.

normdouglas

Likes Dirt
Norm, the CORC contact is professional. The reason why a host promoter holds a National round or championships is won on selection after a bid process. Not letting go is your problem. You need to understand that there are a handful of people trying to move a mountain at MTBA and comments like yours don't make it any easier.

I could not give a fark if you think that anyones comments are related to your made-up event. There is no such thing as the National Six Hour at Forrest. There will be no jersey and it does not have MTBA backing. There are paths that you chose not to take. Not my problem.

I can't go and claim the Australian Grand Prix as mine and shrug my shoulders when the promoter asks me a couple of simple questions. i.e, WTF?

If you tried to work with people rather than trying to change the world for your own interests, you may find that there are hands to help.
I apologise if it came across that I was linking this matter to the Forrest 6 hour matter... I was trying to make that clarification.

Simply I was responding to Jason's comment about the jerseys not being supplied at the 24 hour National Champs. That's all. Corc has done a tremendous amount to promote this event and to lift it to a high level. It's very disappointing from their point of view that jerseys haven't yet been provided.

Anyway, please understand I'm not making any links to the whole 6 hour issue... that has been well and truly settled I thought, with the forrest club changing the name in support of keeping the championship term in tact.
Cheers

jmcavoy

Likes Dirt
I have no doubt Russ will post shortly with the full story, but I recall an annoucement at presentations that the jerseys where delayed, sorry they weren't there for the event, etc etc. The winners will get them in the mail. That's what was said at pressos anyway.

So the jerseys are probably on their way and I'm sure they'll get to Jess and Jase before they need them in Canada, so hang in there I say, or perhaps contact Russ directly?

jmcavoy

Likes Dirt
Events that have been granted "National" status by MTBA should have a green and gold on offer. Any other event should not use the title "National" or Australian Championships or offer a green and gold jersey to the winner. To coincide with that though each state should be able to bid for the respective champs.
Ditto to this, promotors calling their own events the National/Aussie Champs, when they are not makes our sport look like a joke. If the official governing body has not deemed the event a National Champ, then it aint, fullstop. Same for any other sport. My 2c.

normdouglas

Likes Dirt
Just thought I would let you all know, that after a long chat with Tony Scott just now... I am convinced that could MTBA have averted this situation they would have.

Tony assures me that he is continuing to discuss the matter with Cycling Australia, and is confident he will get a positive outcome in the very near future.

MTBA are committed to providing the winners of the 2009 Solo Champs an Australian Championship jersey and the inability to not being able to do this is not of their doing. MTBA fully acknowledges the efforts and worthiness of the winners and intends to have them recognised appropriately.

akashra

Eats Squid
Good work. Keep us updated as things progress - sounds like the kind of thing that mate MTBA split from CA in the first place.

bradbike

Likes Bikes
15 minute powernap norman

Gee I'm glad you have raised this first Jase.

I have sent a "please explain" to MTBA.

Jason, I feel that even the absence of the jerseys at the presentation was very disapointing. To make matters worse to date, MTBA still hasn't put results or even a congrats to you or Jess on their website. I'm extremely annoyed about this.

Just to clarify... It's my understanding that this has nothing to do with the Forrest 6 hour thing. Rather, CORC has a contact with MTBA to host the champs, and part of the contract is for MTBA to provide 3 Australian Champs jerseys to each winner.
fact:hawthorn won the 2008 grand final last year,surely they wouldn't of given two hoots if the premiership medals were not available fact:jess and jason won the 2009 australian solo 24 hour championships,congrats , the results speak for themselves,awesome effort,no jerseys?who gives a rats,we know who the champs are,5 minutes in the sin bin norman.

ETSX

Likes Dirt
fact:hawthorn won the 2008 grand final last year,surely they wouldn't of given two hoots if the premiership medals were not available fact:jess and jason won the 2009 australian solo 24 hour championships,congrats , the results speak for themselves,awesome effort,no jerseys?who gives a rats,we know who the champs are,5 minutes in the sin bin norman.
Brad, I don't think you can really compare this. Hawthorn will not go overseas to represent Aus. Jase and Jess won both the Scott and the Nats, and deserve the right to wear an Aus jersey at the Worlds representing us. They have the satisfaction in themselves of winning as does Hawthorn but Hawthorn does not represent Aus.
Hopefully CA will recognise us, and 24 hour racing. It is a shame that they don't think the Worlds Championships is an event that is good enough (my assumpton as to why) for riders to wear Australian jersey. It has been in the past, and should be now. It is dissapointing and should be for all MTB riders, that they don't recognise our racing and parts of our sport. I hope it is not a sign of things to come from CA. (BTW I have made assumption on a few things from reading people's posts and givin my opinion)
I am sure for Jase and Norm it is not about the jersey's.
Good luck to CORC and MTBA, I hope they make progress. I hope CA see us worthy as we should be.

spudatm

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I reckon your off the mark. Imagine if you got picked for the australian cricket team to play you first test at lords, the rest of the team is in the circle ricky's done his speech about what an honor it is to represent your country Richie B is there to present your baggy green to you and all of a sudden an official comes over and says "sorry mate the caps have been delayed you won't be getting yours today"
I know if i won the Australian marbles championship i would want my trophy, jersey, meat tray or whatever i had won. I would imagine that after
flogging yourself for 24 hours it would be just a little bit disappointing not to get the jersey on the day in front of your peers.

jmcavoy

Likes Dirt
I would imagine that after
flogging yourself for 24 hours it would be just a little bit disappointing not to get the jersey on the day in front of your peers.
Let alone the months of training, hard work, sacrifice and dedication. Given up time with friends, family, sleep, your significant other, for MONTHS, expecting a jersey, which you deserve and had been working hard toward, then to get fobbed off like it was nothing at the last minute...

It might be nothing to you bradbike, but to those that work hard for it, for all that time, it probably means everything.