2009 TBSM/OneLiner DH state series Rankings

Wayno

I've got Gravity on my side
Please find Rankings attached
I have adopted a new format for scoring using the UCI points system.
For A-Grade Men and Women and Under 19 Men qualifying runs will score extra points.
Enjoy

Remember if you wish to race the NSWMTB DH Series
It is online entry only
It has no Day licence

Attachments

Last edited:

Rent_a_crowd

Likes Dirt
U15 Ranking?

Just looking at the rankings and it seems the young fellow leading the Under 15's has been deleted. Then I notice the thread has been updated due to riders in wrong category.

It's pretty disappointing to think this can happen at State level especially for the kids who should have been on podium and weren't.
Also, why didn't someone let us know what had happened and maybe post up the updated podium results for round 1 & 2, possibly in this thread?

The Under 15 category might not matter to a lot of people, but it does to those who race it and whose parents pay for them to race. I know my son will be happy when he finds out he has moved up one place in the ranking.

SPU

Likes Dirt
Hi Wayno
Can you please change Simon Zhang (myself, currently 1st in C-class) to say MWMTB as the club? In 2007 I was with CCOMTB but this year I'm representing my home club.

Thanks

hotrod

Likes Bikes
hi wayno,
B grade men is also incorrect. the round 1 winner was an under 17's rider. thought this should be cleared up. cheers

Rent_a_crowd

Likes Dirt
hi wayno,
B grade men is also incorrect. the round 1 winner was an under 17's rider. thought this should be cleared up. cheers
Wow, it actually took more than 24 hours for someone to start taking the piss. Thought some smart arse comment would have been made well before now.

The way I see it, if you want this sport to be taken seriously, maybe there should be some professionalism put into it rather than just bag out anyone that makes a negative comment.

By making comments like this, you really do turn people away from wanting to get involved with this sport.

spiked

Likes Bikes
Umm, im pretty sure he's not taking the piss that rider in question was placed into b grade by mistake im sure.

Wayno

I've got Gravity on my side
The young fellow that was leading under 15's is now in his correct grade, under 17's and is currently ranked tenth. I apologize for any confusion.
I was told that this chap in b grade was racing under 19's but was actually to old so he put himself in B grade. I am only doing what is told to me, I try and check all birth dates but after a while my head wants to explode so to help I am hoping for honesty from riders. Please note it is the age you turn as of the 31st December that year, so if you are 17 right now but turn 18 in say September you are to race under 19's.

hotrod

Likes Bikes
The young fellow that was leading under 15's is now in his correct grade, under 17's and is currently ranked tenth. I apologize for any confusion.
I was told that this chap in b grade was racing under 19's but was actually to old so he put himself in B grade. I am only doing what is told to me, I try and check all birth dates but after a while my head wants to explode so to help I am hoping for honesty from riders. Please note it is the age you turn as of the 31st December that year, so if you are 17 right now but turn 18 in say September you are to race under 19's.
sorry wayno. just thought it was incorrect because i remember him running a 624 race plate. all good, thanks for that

thecat

NSWMTB, Central Tableland MBC
^^^^

Wow that came out of left field:eek:

Nobody was targeting any body for humiliation as far as I could tell, they were simply pointing out mistakes in the file that were then corrected...

Rent_a_crowd

Likes Dirt
I am quite disgusted to be honest. I have competed in many sports and have delt with alot of people, but was it necessary to aim at targeting a young boy, for humiliation?

An honest mistake was made by both the competitor and admin.. I have just written a speech on 'parents who compete through their child" and wow, it certainly made me think of this.

As an older sister, rather then a parent, you have really disgusted me. Mistakes happen. Instead of getting on here and having a whinge, why don't you go and enjoy the sport.

Seriously.:mad:
Are you for real? Seriously :mad:

Maybe you should read my original post again, I wasn't humiliating anyone. Then again, I don't feel I need to explain myself to you "Bigsis" (hope your "Youngbro" is proud of you). :eek: The results have been fixed. We have moved on, maybe you should too.

Maybe you should just let your "youngbro" ride and you stick to whatever sports it is that you do?

daddyrat

Likes Dirt
why be disgusted. if yo have competed in ohhh so many sports you're probably well aware that all this guys and girls spend a hell of a lot of time for nothing much to organize those races.
they are all volunteers and should have our greatest respect and while we can point out omissions or mistakes we should do it keeping in mind that those people might have scarified their own race, their weekend the many days of planning so that everyone else can rock up, hand over some money and get driven up a hill until they drop.
anyway. reconsider and apologize, bigsis, and all will be well

Dug

Likes Dirt
I am quite disgusted to be honest. I have competed in many sports and have delt with alot of people, but was it necessary to aim at targeting a young boy, for humiliation?:

Yes:cool:

An honest mistake was made by both the competitor and admin.. I have just written a speech on 'parents who compete through their child" and wow, it certainly made me think of this.:
Speech writer too I'm impressed:rolleyes:

As an older sister, rather then a parent, you have really disgusted me. Mistakes happen. Instead of getting on here and having a whinge, why don't you go and enjoy the sport.

Seriously.:mad:
You can always trust Big Sister:p

ZZ

Likes Dirt
Good Job

Thanks Wayno and all the other people giving up there free time to make this Happen.
Its Been a really tidy state series and can only get better from here. Bring on Awaba.
Cheers Cillian

adamd

Likes Dirt
"The results have been fixed. "

?? And I thought race fixing was only in horse racing. Wayno - I knew it! You've been up to no good! You need to help me move up the rankings though (at least I'm one spot ahead of Sledge!).

Thanks for all your hard work this season mate. The series is going really well. Looking forward to Monkey.

SLEDGER

Likes Dirt
"The results have been fixed. "

?? And I thought race fixing was only in horse racing. Wayno - I knew it! You've been up to no good! You need to help me move up the rankings though (at least I'm one spot ahead of Sledge!).

Thanks for all your hard work this season mate. The series is going really well. Looking forward to Monkey.
Bite me Adam it is not my fault I had three craches in my race run at Del-Sin

I think my bike was tampered with or something like that :D