2010 BNG SPORTS QLD STATE DH CHAMPIONSHIPS - Townsville

bogada

Likes Dirt
Arrgh about to rego. Not sure whether to go Elite or Sport.

What are the numbers like in each?
Good to see you're nominating - but I highly doubt whether race organisers will share this info before noms close (nor should it affect your decision).

From my experience in Townsville - there'll be healthy field in both sport and elite.

Keep in mind that elite get a seeding run (everybody qualifies) , as well as race run whereas sport will be 1 run only.

Elite is more bang for ya buck.

Last edited:

bogada

Likes Dirt
Yea fair enough. Got talked into Elite anyway. Probably going to get my ass handed to me lol
Mate, if you're tossing up elite as an option you prob shouldn't be racing sport. Might get owned, but maybe not - either way you just earnt more street cred by making the call you did.

Ript it!

harveyp

Likes Dirt
20 so far... this is why the Price to Nominate is so high for the State Series. Clubs go backwards when numbers are short.
Hey Leo, any thought of extending registration or maybe taking day registrations due to the poor response at the moment? I know what a tough call it is and frankly, I just cannot understand why riders are not supporting this great event? I did the track walk yesterday and can confirm (as a southerner) that it is in great shape - sure there are some pedal sections but the technical sections particularly the bottom half of track more than make up for it! For those not making the trip to 'The Ville' you are missing a great event which is only possible due to the hard work by a small number of dedicated people. If the poor response continues don't expect these guys to support events in SE Qld in future - why would they when they don't get our support?

Anyway, we are here for a good time and look forward to catching up with old mates on Friday night at the Pump Session.:D

santacruzkid

Likes Dirt
Hey Leo, any thought of extending registration or maybe taking day registrations due to the poor response at the moment? I know what a tough call it is and frankly, I just cannot understand why riders are not supporting this great event? I did the track walk yesterday and can confirm (as a southerner) that it is in great shape - sure there are some pedal sections but the technical sections particularly the bottom half of track more than make up for it! For those not making the trip to 'The Ville' you are missing a great event which is only possible due to the hard work by a small number of dedicated people. If the poor response continues don't expect these guys to support events in SE Qld in future - why would they when they don't get our support?

Anyway, we are here for a good time and look forward to catching up with old mates on Friday night at the Pump Session.:D
Well the call has been made we have opened the nominations for the weekend. If anyone has missed out on the online nominations we will be taking Nominations on the Saturday only. Yes the Saturday only. so let your mates know and get your bike ready for biggest race in QLD.

Track is bunted and ready to be ripped!!!

See you on the hill. Leo.

simplesimon76

Likes Dirt
i got my first taste of the track today and it is running so fast, glad i made the trip. i actually like it better than last year, all these burms make it a bit easier, but speeds it up, and the booter over the finishing line is fun as. Great work Rock wheelers!! All i can say is, if you haven't nominated, do it, just do it, do it.

santacruzkid

Likes Dirt
The race results will be up very soon just had to wait for Haydo to get back to Brissy from his long drive. shouldn't be too far away.