2010 Marin Quake 7.8 headset issues.

kingpinn85

Cannon Fodder
Marin Quake 2010 Headset problem.

Hi.. Im wondering if your mate figgured out what to do in the end about his headset... Im asking this as im in totaly the same boat...
I have new forks 11/8 steerer to fit and cant find a headset to fit in the headtube!

I saw your post and wondered what you situation is now.

mtbreid

Squid
Hey just letting you know that I bought the quake 7.8 from TBSM and had fox 40's put on. There was an issue getting the headset but they ordered it in from the UK. Matt was the bloke from TBSM that sorted it all out so maybe give him a call if you are still trying to sort it. Goodluck!

nicholi

Cannon Fodder
How could it not fit, 1.5" headsets are designed to fit frames with Headtube O.D (outside diameter) 55mm

There is no way the O.D could be bigger than 55mm otherwise the current headset would not fit

Hmm sounds like we have a mystery on our hands.

I have the same frame and I traded the forks that came on it for some fox 40s thinking I could just go buy a reducer set to run it but that doesn't happen......
the inside diameter of the frame is 55mm not outside there's the problem. what I did is buy new triple clamps from risse racing they sell 1.5 steer tube conversions!!! its your best bet for this frame. http://www.risseracing.com/

nicholi

Cannon Fodder
Ok my riding buddyhas the above mentiones bike, it comes with Rock Shox domain forks with a 1.5" steerer, he went and bought a set of 2010 Boxxer Teams. The problem we are having is that the steerer tube on the frame is massive and no one makes a headset for it to fit the Boxxers, does anyone have any help or knowledge of a headset that will fit? We have been to about six bike shops and they can't help us.

I have the same frame and I traded the forks that came on it for some fox 40s thinking I could just go buy a reducer set to run it but that doesn't happen......
the inside diameter of the frame is 55mm not outside there's the problem. what I did is buy new triple clamps from risse racing they sell 1.5 steer tube conversions!!! its your best bet for this frame. http://www.risseracing.com

nicholi

Cannon Fodder
Ok my riding buddyhas the above mentiones bike, it comes with Rock Shox domain forks with a 1.5" steerer, he went and bought a set of 2010 Boxxer Teams. The problem we are having is that the steerer tube on the frame is massive and no one makes a headset for it to fit the Boxxers, does anyone have any help or knowledge of a headset that will fit? We have been to about six bike shops and they can't help us.
the inside diameter of the frame is 55mm not outside there's the problem. what I did is buy new triple clamps from risse racing they sell 1.5 steer tube conversions!!! its your best bet for this frame. http://www.risseracing.com