DH 2010 Morewood Makulu - "The Yellow Peril"- updates

simplesimon76

Likes Dirt
Hey Chuckie, There is a mob in Newtown who do anodising who could most likely do your fork lowers for a fully sick custom look. I chatted to them about a few things but decided I couldn't be arsed. They will send you out a colour sample so you know it will be the right colour. Just a suggestion as we know how much you loooove your fully sick bling.
Hey Chucky, very nice rig, just so you know though, you can't anodise fork lowers as they have magnisium in them, don't want to sound like a know it all, just that my mate went to do it and they told him it couldn't be done because cause of what they are made out of. Plus you could save about another 50 - 100 grams if you went to a Chunked King Crown! (black and red) would look sweet!
Good to see a crash on your vid, shows how those bikes can handle anything, even a good binning!!

Chuckie

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Hey Simon, yeah saw the Chunked crown, nice work...any particular reason for the 23mm rise out of curiosity?

simplesimon76

Likes Dirt
Yeah, we drafted it after the Fox 40, and at that the time the fox was at a rise of 31mm, so we went lower with the BOS. Once we had made a few FOX crowns and tested them, we thought it should go lower agian, which is why the Fox is now lower than the BOS. We haven't had the same amount of interst in the BOS so we haven't put as much research into it. There is a member on rotor burn that is riding a BOS crown, look him up, his name is MOONY. he'll be happy to give you the heads up on how it rides. i wish i could, but i only own BOXXER 09'. hope this isn't as clear as mud!

Chuckie

Likes Bikes and Dirt
dont know whether to inform the police or go take a look at it myself...

Cant believe the garbage he wrote

"basically like a Cross country bike but with heaps of travel"

"I have chucked on some troy lee designs rims "

Not suss at all

Ezkaton

Eats Squid

Not suss at all
I had a real good laugh at the ridiculous description last night.

I reckon go look, suss the bike AND him out, and if you can... beat the shit out of him and take it back. :p Your sig tells me you should be easily capable!

Or alternatively, if it's definitely yours, go speak to the po-po and then rock up to his house with them an hour later.

Even though it got replaced all those years ago (do you still have the yellow one?), it'd be nice to have your original back!

JONO WADE

Likes Bikes and Dirt

Not suss at all
This is awesome, good stuff elbie
I'd probably notify police, just in case he tries to dispute it with you/claim ownership.
Keep us updated on how it all goes!

Elbie

Likes Bikes

Not suss at all
Definitely contact the police, and go around there with them you could get it back.

I was suss on it after he wrote he spent alot of money on the troy lee design wheels haha. Obviously just the mtx' s with troy lee stickers

Ezkaton

Eats Squid
I like how he's too illiterate to spell Morewood... even though it's right there in front of him on the frame.