2010 scott gambler 10

curtisb

Likes Dirt
i am looking at getting the new scott gambler 10

i have heared about it as a freeride bike but not much about it as a downhill race bike.

if anyone know how it races and rides or knows of reveiws of the newer models that would be great

thanks guys

gambler10_2010.jpg

bhooper

Barfarker
Thats look hot! A few of the guys at oxy have the 09, and they say that they are great at both, they run smooth over all the rough stuff and that can huck all the freeride stuff. And they have felt really good from my past experiences of riding them. Hope that helps a bit.
-Ben

carpo

Likes Bikes
tuneablity

i think it would go to bad as a dh bike coz it is so adjustable with the rear shock and geo so you could get it perfect if you knew what you where trying to do or you could get you LBS to make it perfect to you height, weight arm length
and it looks sick
the gambler with totems looks more of a free ride bike

Last edited:

MB

Intense Australia
i am looking at getting the new scott gambler 10

i have heared about it as a freeride bike but not much about it as a downhill race bike.

if anyone know how it races and rides or knows of reveiws of the newer models that would be great

thanks guys

View attachment 150224
Hey curtisb I have ridden these bikes heaps and they are pretty good. On paper the bb is a bit tall at 14.6", but if you set up your sag properly it will ride sweet! The bike has 9.5" of travel so set up your sag and the bb wont feel so high. If I was to be picky I would say that the bike could do with a floating brake. But hey, Nick Beer runs top 10 at world cup level without it so if it works ok for him I'm sure it will work out just fine for you!

Get on it, it looks mad!

plum163

Likes Dirt
They look sweet and a lot stronger than the earlier attempts by scott. I'll be keen to give one a go!

dunndog

Eats Squid
My mate rides an 09 I think it is, with totems, just got second in the vss round at you yangs in sport after riding for less than 12 months, with a time that beat the majority of elites. So i'd say as a dh racer they go pretty well. He's gettin new 2010 fox 40's and a rc4 next week so be good to get a look at it kitted out with that..

nspud

Squid
scott have dropped the freeride label but the bike is exactly the same as last years, exept for the brakes (juicy-elixer) and tyres (minions-schwable muddy marys). the gambler 10 will not be sold in aust. the 20 was avalable as of last week.

they dropped the freride label, because of the release of the voltage freeride. the voltages were also released this week.

scott are not bringing in the voltage 10. BUT blackmans at penrith have access to 10 on special order only.