2010 World Solo 24 Hour Championships

Dreggsy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Is there any way around this? perhaps if the tent is there before by Thursday morning or similar? leaving a tail? that sort of thing?

Cheers
Craig
Hi Russ,
Some of us soloists usually setup camp together / share space, are we still allowed to do this at the worlds? as we usually share support crew / mechanics etc.
we could normally fit 3 riders and gear in 1 spot.

Onegear

Likes Dirt
Ok

Remember, the 5% discount for grandfathered riders ends on 31 January 2010. They can still enter after that - but no discount.
I was just going to ask if there was a cut off for grandfather enteries so I should be ok to enter in Feb or March (no discount doesnt bother me).

Le Matelot

Canberra Off-Road Cyclists
Hi Russ,
Some of us soloists usually setup camp together / share space, are we still allowed to do this at the worlds? as we usually share support crew / mechanics etc.
we could normally fit 3 riders and gear in 1 spot.
Each solo rider will get a 3x3 space in Solo Pit Row at the World Solo Champs. If you request it, then we can put those 3 spaces together as a 9x3, but the physical location would normally be that of the lowest ranked rider in the gang of 3 (the place on the start grid of the 3 individuals will not be affected). You can decide whether you want to have 1, 2 or 3 of your own tents in that combined space - and also 1, 2 or 3 of the rented hoecker marquees as well.

BUT - there can be no team riders or support of teams in the solo pit row.

Last edited:

Dreggsy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Each solo rider will get a 3x3 space in Solo Pit Row at the World Solo Champs. If you request it, then we can put those 3 spaces together as a 9x3, but the physical location would normally be that of the lowest ranked rider in the gang of 3 (the place on the start grid of the 3 individuals will not be affected). You can decide whether you want to have 1, 2 or 3 or your own tents in that combined space - and also 1, 2 or 3 of the rented hoecker marquees as well.

I'll contact the guys, I think i'm the lowest ranked at the moment, hopefully the easter race will change that.
EBUK, QZ13 what do you guys think?

Le Matelot

I was just going to ask if there was a cut off for grandfather enteries so I should be ok to enter in Feb or March (no discount doesnt bother me).
There is no different cutoff for grandfathered entries, but if we start getting close to the entry limits, the riders who have qualified will have priority over grandfathered riders. I expect the Feb/Mar entering will not present a problem for you.

Le Matelot

Extension of Grandfathered Entries for 1 week

There was a flood of grandfathered riders trying to register and enter last night, before the 31 Jan deadline for the discounted entry time limit.

This limit has now been extended by another week, to expire at midnight on Monday 8 Feb 2010. You can still enter after that date, but no discount.

I have attached the latest FAQ document, and if you want to enter you need to follow the two steps on top of page 5. These are:

Step #1 – Your Profile. You need to have an active member profile on the web site www.24hoursofadrenalin.com. (make sure you have confirmed the automated email as confirmation of your email address. This is sent within minutes)

Step #2 – Your Entry. Once you have completed or if you already have a profile you need to email Stuart Dorland so that your profile can be activated, thus allowing you to register for the WSC. Not just anyone can enter, only those qualified from events or under the grandfather clause. Be sure to include in the Subject: Qualifier Activation - (your name) and in the body of the email include your full name and your email address used in your profile.

The latest list of qualified and grandfathered riders is also attached. This is sorted by sex, then rider name.

Australian and NZ Riders can also apply for an entry based on their previous riding history, if they have not already qualified or cannot get to one of the qualifying races (see page 3 of the FAQ document). For example, some riders who have not done a 24Hr Solo have been granted entries based on their history in Adventure races. Riders who wish to apply for this can email:

Russ Baker if they are from Australia or New Zealand

Stuart Dorland if they are from other countries.

There is also a newsletter which will be coming out every 3 weeks. The first edition is here, and you can choose to subscribe in a box in the left column if you wish.

Attachments

Last edited:

Le Matelot

Latest Qualifiers

A list of qualifiers for the World Champs, from the Sydney 24Hr is attached, plus the latest complete list of all qualified and grandfathered ANZAC riders.

If you want to enter, check out the FAQ document in post # 268 and do Step 1 at the top of page 5 first.

Any problems, please PM me or send an email to the address at the top of the lists.

Entries are now at 135 riders from 10 countries.

Attachments

Australia

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Each solo rider will get a 3x3 space in Solo Pit Row at the World Solo Champs. If you request it, then we can put those 3 spaces together as a 9x3, but the physical location would normally be that of the lowest ranked rider in the gang of 3 (the place on the start grid of the 3 individuals will not be affected). You can decide whether you want to have 1, 2 or 3 of your own tents in that combined space - and also 1, 2 or 3 of the rented hoecker marquees as well.

How do we know where we are ranked? I have an elite qualification from the recent Sydney 24 (well the Sydney 12 hour MTB/Swim Duathalon Enduro anyhow - it was fun!) I suppose I'll just be radomly assigned a position alongside all the other Elite qualifiers... I imagine I'll have an actual number after the Solo Nationals in Canberra, is this correct?

Le Matelot

How do we know where we are ranked? I have an elite qualification from the recent Sydney 24 (well the Sydney 12 hour MTB/Swim Duathalon Enduro anyhow - it was fun!) I suppose I'll just be radomly assigned a position alongside all the other Elite qualifiers... I imagine I'll have an actual number after the Solo Nationals in Canberra, is this correct?
Rankings are done by 24 Hours of Adrenalin, and are based on a few factors. Men and Women are ranked together, and the ranking system sort of looks like this order ...
. Previous world Elite champs
. Reigning national champs
. Elite categories
. Previous age group champs
. Previous Single Speed champs
. Age Group categories
. Single Speed categories

All this will be done once entries have closed.

The design of the world solo pit row means that every solo rider fronts onto the course, and the distance through the pit row complex is the same for every rider, no matter their ranking.

The only places where a highly ranked rider is likely to get an advantage is at the start, because they will be first on the grid.

SSDave

Likes Dirt
Rankings are done by 24 Hours of Adrenalin, and are based on a few factors. Men and Women are ranked together, and the ranking system sort of looks like this order ...
. Elite categories
. Age Group categories

The design of the world solo pit row means that every solo rider fronts onto the course, and the distance through the pit row complex is the same for every rider, no matter their ranking.

The only places where a highly ranked rider is likely to get an advantage is at the start, because they will be first on the grid.
That order looks backwards to me, but of course I may be a little biased :D

Australia

Likes Bikes and Dirt
. Elite categories
. Age Group categories

Would an elite qualified rider who opts to ride age-group be ranked higher than an age group rider riding age group OR because they are riding riding age group would they just be bunched together?

ebuk

Likes Dirt
Would an elite qualified rider who opts to ride age-group be ranked higher than an age group rider riding age group OR because they are riding riding age group would they just be bunched together?
You must REALLY value your number plate!

Le Matelot

Together - I think - but it is a bit difficult to try and reverse-engineer the ranking system. It also looks like people who have done previous WSC 24 Hr races get "better" rankings.

matt36415

Likes Dirt
Transition areas?

Could be a premature question, is it likley that all WSC riders will get a 3x3 space on the side of the race track - ie so that I will ride past it each lap - or will there be spots that are not on the actual track (like some of the solo camping places for last years Scott race) so that I will have to ride off the race track to go to my support person?

tex72

Likes Dirt
Could be a premature question, is it likley that all WSC riders will get a 3x3 space on the side of the race track - ie so that I will ride past it each lap - or will there be spots that are not on the actual track (like some of the solo camping places for last years Scott race) so that I will have to ride off the race track to go to my support person?
The design of the world solo pit row means that every solo rider fronts onto the course, and the distance through the pit row complex is the same for every rider, no matter their ranking.The only places where a highly ranked rider is likely to get an advantage is at the start, because they will be first on the grid.
There's your answer.:)

But I think this is your allocated 3m x 3m Pit area only. If you need more room than this to camp, I read somewhere it will be between 100-300m from your pit area but still inside the solo compound.

Last edited:

Australia

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Already more than last year. Could be a messy start. Would hate to be tripped / fall over on the crit track in the chaos.
You must REALLY value your number plate!
It's starting position thats got me worried, given my substandard peleton handling skills - i'd be real shitty if I stumped up the $400 only to get knocked down in the openning 5 mins and spend the rest of the race nursing an injury - even the small cuts and bruises and sore backs start to prey on your mind 18 hours in

Maybe I'd be better to just volunteer to start in last place and dodge the chaos - 24 hours is plenty of time to catch up so long as your not chasing the Craig Gordons of the world

*shrug*

-Andrew