2010 World Solo 24 Hour Championships

Tazdevil

Likes Bikes
22.5 hours

It may sound like nitpicking but... If you paid $400, then you're racing for 24 hours. The only people racing 23.75 hours are those that entered age categories. Entry to age categories was $375, last time I checked.
Hmmm, with that reasoning I can only ride for 22.5 hours... :)

m_g

Likes Dirt
Just noticed this as well although seems there is only one briefing at the stadium. This is taken from www.corc24hour.com.au "The Solo Rider Brief is now an Canberra Stadium at 1400 Friday. You need to be there and seated in the Mal Meninga Stand by 1400. Park in carpark 3."

Seems that almost everyday there is a change uncovered. At least there's not long to go now so surely there can't be many more....
so much for booking the host hotel under the impression it would be convenient. Now Im gonna be driving all over canberra looking for these new locations...

Lube

Likes Dirt
Hey all, know its a bit late to be organising this, but....

If anybody has a spare seat to the event leaving from Melbourne around 6pm onwards I am more than happy to contribute to costs.

Text or call me on 0439558106

Thank you!

Tazdevil

Likes Bikes
Online Results

I just had a look at the castech website, http://www.castech.com.au/Results/Comp/Scott and it looks like they will be covering the race. From memory, the results were "live" for the Solo Nats at Easter. To bad as I wont be able to confirm if it "the" website until we are all out riding.
Try this for the soloists
http://www.castech.com.au/Results/Comp/World_Solo_2010?View=List

And this for teams:
http://www.castech.com.au/Results/Comp/World_Solo_2010?View=List

rangie

Likes Dirt
yeah there's a lot of changes only a few days out

Preso dinner, unfortunate for people who were after dinner then straight to their room.

Briefing? where is bruce stadium? as I have to tell support to see if they can leave work an hour earlier, wasn't it originally at 3pm?
we were all hoping for dinner then up to, room :-(

does this mean the presentation/dinner is no longer at crown?

rangie

Likes Dirt
With the published start groups
------------
The Start groups on Saturday will be:
. 1145 Elite Solo Riders
. 1200 Age Group and Single Speed Solo Riders
. 1215 Scott 24Hr Team Riders
------------

Does this mean there will be NO age group riders in the first start group?

Why the split? If the start is split/staggered, why not stagger the finish so both groups ride the same length? The latter would be fun for castech :)

This current split start would mean an elite rider would have a 15min head start on the others.

Is there a published 'seeding'?

mooze

Likes Bikes
Presentation and Dinner was moved as we outgrew what the Crowne Plaza was able to fit. It was either move, or a lot of people not be able to attend.
The ANU venue is about a 15minute walk from Crowne Plaza (or 5 minute drive with parking close by).

davzab

Likes Dirt
off to bed then early morning departure!

Luck to all competing, should be an awesome weekend out, lets hope it runs smoothly.

rangie

Likes Dirt
Presentation and Dinner was moved as we outgrew what the Crowne Plaza was able to fit. It was either move, or a lot of people not be able to attend.
The ANU venue is about a 15minute walk from Crowne Plaza (or 5 minute drive with parking close by).
would have been nice to have known this earlier as plans were made based on said venue.

DaGonz

Eats Squid
With the published start groups
snip...
Dude, you either need to pay attention to the updates or wait for the briefing IMHO...

This current split start would mean an elite rider would have a 15min head start on the others.
only as much as we get an extra 15mins to get an extra lap in at the end. It matters little, you race for Elite, or you race for a category. There is no "overall" prize (or least there's not one advertised or offered in previous years) there are over 100 Elite riders, so it makes sense to split 'em off. I for one am glad to get a potentially cleaner run at the first lap rather than elbows out with 400+ riders

On the most part, the Elite guys are faster than age cats so *shrug*

I'm sure all will be revealed at the briefing...

Cheers
Spoonie

DiscoDan

Likes Bikes
WiFi access to live timing?

Hi All

Can anyone confirm if there is or isn't WiFi access to live timing in the pits area? I'd been told there was but have never seen any confirmation of the fact. I just need to know if it's worthwhile bringing the laptop along

cheers
dd

trancexone

Cannon Fodder
Gordo Out Rumour?

Can anyone confirm or refute the rumour that is circulating that Gordo is out of the Worlds with a broken collarbone. I heard it circulating yesterday but can see nothing mentioned anywhere on the net, on Rockstar's site or anywhere else.

Say it ain't so.

alchemist

Manly Warringah MTB Club
Gordo is out. Officially.

rockstarracing1 Twitter said:
Gordo is officially out of solo worlds due to a broken shoulder. A crash during training has ended his race before it began.

Last edited:

pi11wizard

Likes Dirt
Hi All

Can anyone confirm if there is or isn't WiFi access to live timing in the pits area? I'd been told there was but have never seen any confirmation of the fact. I just need to know if it's worthwhile bringing the laptop along

cheers
dd
Confirmed. I have seen it operating.

-iRideBikes-

Likes Bikes
Bets on!

Last minute bets? I'm tipping Hogg to go out and smash it early but English's super consistency and experience racing at Stromlo to win out through the night. Takers?