2011/12 VIC DH Series - Official Thread

Are details on the camping available yet? Would be good to know if we can we camp there Friday night too. I can't find anything on the VDHS website.
A paddock for camping has been arranged. Ask at the course for details - they don't want to put big signage up as it's not available to the general public, only for people involved in the race. Or stop in and ask me at my shop - I can direct you there. It will be available for Friday night camping.

jacko13

Likes Bikes and Dirt
[video=vimeo;38742209]http://vimeo.com/38742209[/video]

Last changes to the track are being done this weekend, then it will be bunted for anyone who wants to practice it how it will be raced.

Free camping both nights as well.

Get amongst it to finish the season!

Last edited:

Ian M

Likes Bikes
Final round

Maldon – Final Round 31st March/1st April

Only 1 week left to register online for this event.
https://www.registernow.com.au/mtba/ERegister.aspx?E=969
Online entries close midnight Wednesday 28th March

There is some very close racing in some categories so make sure your there to see them fight it out for the title.

The track has changed in a few places since last year to add some more corners, jumps and excitement. Check out the video above Also don’t forget there is plenty of room available for free camping. Great food will also be available all weekend. Check out all the details on the VDHS website. http://www.vicdhseries.com/index.asp

Ian M

Likes Bikes
Maldon – Final Round 31st March/1st April

Only 1 week left to register online for this event.
https://www.registernow.com.au/mtba/ERegister.aspx?E=969
Online entries close midnight Wednesday 28th March

There is some very close racing in some categories so make sure your there to see them fight it out for the title.

The track has changed in a few places since last year to add some more corners, jumps and excitement. Check out the video above Also don’t forget there is plenty of room available for free camping. Great food will also be available all weekend. Check out all the details on the VDHS website. http://www.vicdhseries.com/index.asp
Not long left now.

Don't forget to register online.

No Skid Marks

Blue Mountain Bikes Brooklyn/Lahar/Kowa/PO1NT Raci
Pretty sure Tim Eaton won overall standings aboard his Zerode:tickled_pink: Riding for Clint White Racing.
Well done Tim.

Thanks for a fantastic weekend. I had a ball. Well organised and fabulous venue. Well done to the Wombat crew and helpers.

How easy comfortable and quick were the shuttles? I couldn't stop doing practice runs!!

It made me remember how much I love it and will have to get more organised so both Mark and I can race next year.

Thanks.

Ruys

Likes Dirt
^ Totally agree. I only managed to get up there for Sunday and I've never ridden the track before so I was a bit concerned I'd only get a couple of runs in to learn the track if the shuttles were slow. The longest I had to wait was probably only 5 minutes though.

Another thing I really liked was the commentary and announcement of every riders time as they crossed the line and having a hot seat. It made the racing so much more exciting and there was a great vibe around the finish line. And the fact you could hear the commentary clearly at the road gap was awesome too. I'd love to see more of this happening at every round.

24alpha

mtbpicsonline.com
Another thing I really liked was the commentary and announcement of every riders time as they crossed the line and having a hot seat. It made the racing so much more exciting and there was a great vibe around the finish line. And the fact you could hear the commentary clearly at the road gap was awesome too. I'd love to see more of this happening at every round.
That was Sir Kingy's doing! I have always enjoyed his and Nato's commentary. No disrespect to my mate Juzzie who's done an awesome job over the years.

dienamics

Likes Dirt
Thanks to all the organizers for this event. Was my fist ever DH race, on a new track and a new bike. Had a couple of crazy stacks but managed to crawl over the line and not come last in my cat.

I have some random photo's taken by my girl friend up on my site if any one is interested. I saw a heap of people out there with camera's, looking forward to seeing some more shots from the day.

Just a quick question about next season's race at the You Yangs. Is it on Bandages or Glory or turbulence?

Cheers.

Ian M

Likes Bikes
Thanks to all the organizers for this event. Was my fist ever DH race, on a new track and a new bike. Had a couple of crazy stacks but managed to crawl over the line and not come last in my cat.

Just a quick question about next season's race at the You Yangs. Is it on Bandages or Glory or turbulence?

Cheers.
Great to hear you enjoyed your first DH event and are already looking for info on the 2012/13 series. No dates or venues have been set yet for the next series. We generally try to publish the information for the next series during August.

Ian M

Likes Bikes
Presentation Day

Presentation Day
Long Gully, Healesville
Saturday 21st April.

Another hard fort series has come to an end. Come along and celebrate with your mates and see the overall winners presented with their trophies.

WHAT'S GOING DOWN
Shuttles 9am-4pm
Pump Track
Dual Salom Track

"Soul Kitchen" will be onsite with coffee, drinks and a variety of food to purchase for both lunch and dinner.

Presentation ceremony from 5pm

Entertainment kicks off at 6pm with James Marris followed by Kona's very own Ty as DJ to keep the party going late into the evening

HOSTING CLUBS
Every club that has brought together the 2010/2011 VDHS racing season.
You Yangs MTB Inc, Goulburn Valley Mountain Bike Club, Team Mount Beauty, Wombat MTB Club and Fat Tyre Flyers.

COST
$25 per rider includes all riding,
Spectators FREE!
Camping FREE!
Food for lunch and dinner will be available to purchase from "Soul Kitchen"

ACCOMMODATION
Free camping Saturday night.
Please party responsibly and respect the venue.

For more details visit the VDHS Website
www.vicdhseries.com

Wikid Z

Likes Dirt
Just a reminder that presentation is this Saturday.

Birdie birdie in the sky laid a turdie in my eye. If cows could fly I'd have a cow pie in my eye.