2011/12 VIC DH Series - Official Thread

rider124

Likes Bikes and Dirt
only problem with that is the drive there, some 5 hours for some people which can become a challenge especcially for people that still rely on parents.
I guess that is a problem. Even for me. I live a good 4.5 or 5 hour drive away.
but my parents know they are my favorite tracks, and i would have a fit if i missed one.
:p

Whitie

Likes Dirt
only problem with that is the drive there, some 5 hours for some people which can become a challenge especcially for people that still rely on parents.
Doesn't matter what tracks you hold them on - someone has to travel - it's a 5 hour drive for us to You Yangs or Baw Baw.

Our kids are lucky that they have parents that love to drive them there..... and if they keep this up, we have another 5 years of driving
at least.....:biggrin:

Ian M

Likes Bikes
Mt Beauty Results - Now Available

The search is over. The results from Mt Beauty have been posted.

As people have already mentioned a new timing system was used at Mt Beauty. This system relied on the Telstra network for connection from the start gate to finish line. All the testing that was done previously worked perfectly however on Sunday Telstra kept dropping the connection for some reason. This is the reason the timing display could not operate as normal.

The timing system has various layers of back up so the event could continue as normal apart from the delay after qualifying and the delay processing the final results. The backup system worked perfectly. There were several comments after presentation that some results look strange but everything has been double checked against manual records and the results are accurate.

Results can be found here on the VDHS website
http://www.vicdhseries.com/article.asp?articleID=1471

Bring on Mt Buller! With any luck we will have a display board at both top and bottom of the hill!

Make sure you register online for Mt Buller
https://www.registernow.com.au/mtba/ERegister.aspx?E=845

dunndog

Eats Squid
The link both here and fb brings the results pages up with question marks instead of text.. everyone else getting that or just me?

dunndog

Eats Squid
Yep on a mac.. and safari.. all good looked it up on my iPhone.. possibly shouldn't have bothered :yuck:

Rabbit9

Squid
Another fantastic weekend. Beautiful weather, awesome track, and a real great atmosphere around the pits.

On another note, is anyone missing a black spd 5.10 shoe?

VDHS Round 4 Mount Buller 14th & 15th January 2012

Online registration for VDHS Round 4 at Mt Buller (14th & 15th Jan.2012) will be open until Wednesday night (11th Jan.) .
Remember, by entering online you have a chance to win your race entry fee back & no waiting in queues on the day !!!!
Fat Tyre Flyers crew & Mt Buller crew will be busy this week getting the track in good shape............
7 day weather forecast is looking good at the moment....get ready for a great weekend's racing!!!

Ian M

Likes Bikes
2 days left!

Just a reminder to everyone that round 4 of the VDHS is being held at Mt Buller this weekend.

This is shaping up as the biggest event of the series so far. Make sure you register online to avoid the queue on Saturday morning. You also go into the draw to win your entry fee back.

https://www.registernow.com.au/mtba/ERegister.aspx?E=845

Online Entries close midnight WEDNESDAY 11th.

See you all there