2011/12 VIC DH Series - Official Thread

YouYangsMTBinc

Likes Dirt
Final chance

We will keep reminding you until it sinks in. REGISTER ONLINE for the VDHS round 1 at the You Yangs. You have almost run out of time. Entries close at midnight WEDNESDAY. Use the link below to register online. Not only will you save yourself time and money it also makes it easier for the club to manage.
https://www.registernow.com.au/mtba/ERegister.aspx?E=806
Final chance to register online. Closes midnight TONIGHT.
https://www.registernow.com.au/mtba/ERegister.aspx?E=806

brycethebomb

Likes Dirt
thanks for an awesome day of practice. looking forward to racing tomorrow :D
but when i got home my No. plate was gone.. would i be able to get a new one Sunday morning?
thanks
Bryce

WynterPlace

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Does anyone know what happened to the guy who axed himself in the rock garden? His name was Scott, he was riding a Glory 01 and was carted off on the back board. Was he seriously injured?

Shredden

Knows his goats
Does anyone know what happened to the guy who axed himself in the rock garden? His name was Scott, he was riding a Glory 01 and was carted off on the back board. Was he seriously injured?
Scott is all good. Got an update from him on facebook, nothings broken. He is at home tucked safely in bed now after an intense Xray session...

dirtpig

Likes Bikes
How was it out there today? was it wet?? Many people? How's the track holding up?

I'll be out there tomorrow and want to get an idea of what I am in for!

WynterPlace

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Scott is all good. Got an update from him on facebook, nothings broken. He is at home tucked safely in bed now after an intense Xray session...
Yeah, that's good to hear. I was the marshall where he binned it, he ate it pretty hard.

I thought it would be worth mentioning the riders who hung around for nearly half an hour to help carry him off the track and up to the first aid vehicle, it's good to see people willing to help out in that situation.

Shredden

Knows his goats
Good race today ladies and gentlemen.

Just a thought, people need to take it easier on that track, so many crashes. (says me with bent saint crank and straitline pedal)

scotty thommo

Likes Dirt
I would like to thank the marshalls, volunteers and the riders who carted me off the track yesterday i appreciate it muchly :clap2::clap2:

i am alright i have a massive lump on my hip and im using a walking stick to hobble arround with :distrust:

Ian M

Likes Bikes
Round 1 RESULTS

Round 1 of the 2011/2012 KONA Victorian Down Hill Series at the You Yangs had it all from thunder, lightning and torrential rain Saturday to searing heat Sunday and the odd encounter with snakes just to keep everyone on there toes. This did not stop 299 riders travelling from all over Australia to test themself against the clock. The number of spectators was also very impressive with the track covered with people from top to bottom which created an awesome atmosphere.

The You Yangs track “Turbulence” certainly tested both human and machine with carnage to both! 299 riders tested their luck on the track and we feel the track almost won with non stop bike repairs and 45 people requiring medical treatment with 2 extremely serious injuries and several more broken bones. We wish everyone a speedy recovery, particularly the young girl Sam who came off Saturday and the You Yangs very own Callum who came off late this afternoon. If we receive any updates from the families we will be sure to let you all know how they are doing. The medical staff did a fantastic job in the trying conditions and will be back at Shepparton in a couple of weeks to do it all again.

The VDHS is committed to building the sport at a grass roots level as you never know where the next world champion will come from. The junior rider’s clinic run by Tracy and Jarrod was a huge success, standby for more details of the next clinic which is now being planned.

It is great to see the return of some well established sponsor, Kona, Yarra Valley Cycles & SRAM, as well as the arrival of many new sponsors this year, Push Bike Shop, GoPro, ODI, Giant, Track X & Pinner Designs. Check out the VDHS website http://www.vicdhseries.com/ designed by Swear Words for more information and links to the sponsors. The quality of the prizes has been raised even further. Support all these sponsors as they are key to the success of these events.

Also keep and eye out for the video footage taken by Jake Lucas Media. Jake has just released his DVD “INSIGHT” from the 2010/11 VDHS series and it is a truly professional production and captures all the elements of the VDHS series. Support work Jake is doing and go to www.jakelucasmedia.com/ to contact Jake and purchase your copy.

Huge thanks must also go to the unsung heroes of the event, all the volunteer drivers, track marshals and catering guys. Without you giving up your time this event would not be possible!
Downhill Downunder & YYMTB Inc will be rewarding you for your help.

It is great so see such close competitive riding in all categories. This is just round 1 and already the gloves are off. Once again the VDHS has been cemented as Australia’s premier downhill series.

Final results for Round 1 are now up. See attachments:
View attachment VDHS - You Yangs Round 1 - Qualifying Results.pdf
View attachment VDHS - You Yangs Round 1 - FINAL Results.pdf

Make sure you are ready to do it all again in 2 weeks time at Shepparton (Mt Major) on the 5th & 6th November. Many people made the mistake of under estimating this track last year and missed an awesome weekend. Don’t make the same mistake twice. Online entries are now open.
https://www.registernow.com.au/mtba/ERegister.aspx?E=826
To everyone who was standing in the queue in the rain to register at the Youies, try online registration, it is so much quicker and easier. You also have a chance to win your race entry fee back.

For more information on round 2 at Shepparton visit the VDHS website.
http://www.vicdhseries.com/category.asp?categoryID=694

See you all in Shepparton in 2 weeks time.

sydmick

Likes Bikes
We wish everyone a speedy recovery, particularly the young girl Sam who came off Saturday and the You Yangs very own Callum who came off late this afternoon.
Sam is ok. She has a bruised sternum and hyper-extended vertebrae hence the huge amount of concern. She is a tough cookie and is looking forward to getting a new helmet and getting back riding ASAP.

Wikid Z

Likes Dirt
Hi,

Just an update about accommodation for the round 2. There is no camping allowed at the hill, but you can get accommodation at the college. I believe it is $38 with your own sleeping bag or you can hire linen.

Accommodation:

For accommodation in Shepparton you can do it online at Discover Shepparton or call 1800 808 839.

For accommodation at Dookie College (1.5km from track) call 1800 808 839.

Shredden

Knows his goats
I am riding from my place to shepparton on the DH bike over 5 days. Anyone got any good free campsites along the highway? Mum and Dad cant give me a lift...