2011 an Otway Odyssey

mtb101

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Seems a long way off, but entries are open and if you are going to do it got to get in early accommodation wise - apart from the training required!

Sort of don't like the hills where you have to walk (well I did last time)! on the other hand the rest of the course is great.

Saturday, February 19th, 2011

http://www.rapidascent.com.au/OtwayOdyssey/

uhuforrest

Likes Dirt
Seems a long way off, but entries are open and if you are going to do it got to get in early accommodation wise - apart from the training required!

Sort of don't like the hills where you have to walk (well I did last time)! on the other hand the rest of the course is great.

Saturday, February 19th, 2011

http://www.rapidascent.com.au/OtwayOdyssey/

Looks like only the 100km will be doing "Sledgehammer"

Easier course for the 50km than previous years with fewer harsh climbs

Roland

leftieant

Likes Bikes and Dirt
No go this year, mate's wedding on exactly the same day.

Bugger! I talked to his missus about postponing it to the following weekend, for some reason she wasn't keen?

jathanas

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I'm in with a grin!

The Odyssey is the center of my mountain biking universe.

This year I'm going to have a proper taper so I can start the race fresh. It made a huge difference in the Nemesis-Avoca event.

My last long ride will be at the end of January. Preferably, it will be the actual course (minus the private property sections).

JessD

Likes Dirt
single speed walking class?

Awesome. Time to redeem my free entry.:p
maybe I would consider the 50km for SS...but walking up hills seems kinda a waste of a good ride...but then I wish you well and hope you do it in a good time and have a good time.

mtb101

Likes Bikes and Dirt
maybe I would consider the 50km for SS...but walking up hills seems kinda a waste of a good ride...but then I wish you well and hope you do it in a good time and have a good time.
JessD, please tell me you had to walk some of the hills or did you ride them all?

Anti_Trainer

Likes Dirt
Hey JessD - them sound like fightin' words :)
3rd gear on the SS is always running, never walking!

DaGonz

Eats Squid
Hey JessD - them sound like fightin' words :)
3rd gear on the SS is always running, never walking!
rrr... what?

Nice to see I've left a legacy for the thread name at least ;) I might even come down again next year. to bad it's not the week after the Alpine Classic anymore...

Cheers
Spoonie

jbro24

Squid
2011 Odyssey

I just got my entry to the 100km
I will need every day of the next six months to have any chance of being fit enough

Stevob

Likes Bikes and Dirt
lol. I was walking with many, many gearies up the first steep bits. Good on ya Jess.

Just hopin' to go below 7hrs for my goal next year.

thelankyman

Likes Dirt
lol. I was walking with many, many gearies up the first steep bits. Good on ya Jess.

Just hopin' to go below 7hrs for my goal next year.
I will race you man! No tricky weight weenie savings. If you beat me but are only running one chain ring bolt it doesn't count. Should have the bike setup a little better this year so with a bit more training should break the 7hr mark.

Finally there is a SS class. Something I lobbied for last year. Will have to see how many are tough enough.

Any predictions for the weather.

Would be cool if they made a 150km ofessey, which would include all the singletrack around Forrest. We miss out on so much.

DaGonz

Eats Squid
Yes.... there will be weather...

...6 months out, are you kidding?

Would be cool if they made a 150km odyssey, which would include all the singletrack around Forrest. We miss out on so much.
100mile Odyssey would have me entering in a heart beat. then again, the first year I did this race, it took me 7-8hrs for the 100k!

Cheers
Spoonie

Stevob

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I will race you man! No tricky weight weenie savings. If you beat me but are only running one chain ring bolt it doesn't count. Should have the bike setup a little better this year so with a bit more training should break the 7hr mark.
You're on Lanky.:p

Finally there is a SS class. Something I lobbied for last year. Will have to see how many are tough enough.
There'll be plenty for sure.

snow.

Would be cool if they made a 150km ofessey, which would include all the singletrack around Forrest. We miss out on so much.
160km, or the 100 mile, like is popular in the States. I'd be up for that.

HUTCHY77

Likes Bikes
I rode up the last climb with you last year lanky.(britney's melt down) are you sure you want more from the ottways? You did sound like my 5 yr old. lol
To your credit you pulled it together and passed me up sledgehammer. You must have been close to 7hrs?