2011 Downhill Dates

Dug

Likes Dirt
Stop your bitchin!!

Firstly I would like to say thankyou to all the guys and Gals who put together and maintain these tracks usually for very little thanks. Also to the individuals and commitee members that bring this whole shebang together.

THANKYOU;).

We have a great series and a generally a good bunch of regulars who attend these events. Get behind these people BUILD MORE TRAILS get involved, and get them recognised. Me I will be there at any venue for the whole series and doing whatever I can to make this great sport better for anyone who wants to have a go at it...Bring on 2011 and my promoton to Grand Masters....and again thanks to all involved:cool::cool::cool:

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
Right then, I don't need to keep this thing a secret anymore.....................;)

glory14

Likes Dirt
Can not beleive ourimbah has replaced dell rio or lithgow
What a joke!

second that i
del rio and lithgow are a lot better track to ride no affence ourimbah but what can we do
must be so other tracks that we could race at in 2011 have we got a list of the tracks yet

Last edited:

Red.

Likes Dirt
Can not beleive ourimbah has replaced dell rio or lithgow
What a joke!

second that i
del rio and lithgow are a lot better track to ride no affence ourimbah but what can we do
must be so other tracks that we could race at in 2011 have we got a list of the tracks yet
Im so with you on this!!!! Like really? Ourimbah is a good track but im mean look at dell rio or lithgow and it was nothing on those to tracks.. We should Have a vote!

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
You guys need to realise that the series isn't picked on what is the best track at the time the series is planned. Some clubs may not want a big race at their venue as it is just too much effort for little reward. Some jump at the chance and it pays off for them.
The other notion is the distance and time between each event. I won't go to Thredbo as it is a damn long way away to ride for two days. I will however go to the races on this side of Sydney as they are easy to get to in one simple drive.
People will come to Coffs regardless of the how long it takes..................;)

thecat

NSWMTB, Central Tableland MBC
Im so with you on this!!!! Like really? Ourimbah is a good track but im mean look at dell rio or lithgow and it was nothing on those to tracks.. We should Have a vote!
Vote all you want. It makes no difference if you haven't got permission to use the trails or local willing to organize.

Of course you could always put up your hand as DH coordinator next year and see how you go putting together a series that no one whinges about.

Has anyone that is bagging Ourimbah ridden it lately?

CCOMTB have sat out of the state series for a couple of years while they worked on improving track flow. They deserve a spot in this series.

Considering they have had the second best attended championship round after Lithgow and do the biggest regular club races in the state we know they put on a great event.

Last edited:

Burbass

Likes Bikes
and do the biggest regular club races in the state we know they put on a great event.
They might be big, but im sure elite / U19 numbers are not anything great, It is a good beginner track but shouldn't be in the state series.

Tye

Likes Dirt
You guys should be thankful people are volunteering their time to run these events. Sure Ourimbah isn't a very technical track, but a shitload of effort has been put in by the club to make the most of the little elevation they have. If ya don't like it, try running your own state round first, then have a bitch. The sport isn't up to the point that we can pick and choose this stuff, you have to take what you can get. If world champs can be at stromlo, I'm sure we can survive one state race at ourimbah.

trouble

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Awesomness much?

Massive shout out to anyone who had any part big or small organizing this coming series. That line up is the best Ive seen for a very long time, I am currently for the first time months in advance willing to one pay and two use my annual leave to book these dates in. I'm so excited for this series, I think its personally more enticing than the nationals series and cheaper! Thankyou, I look forward to every race!

mullan2304

Likes Bikes and Dirt
They might be big, but im sure elite / U19 numbers are not anything great, It is a good beginner track but shouldn't be in the state series.
They get better numbers than Hunter. Does that mean that Awaba shouldn't be in the series. F*%k off dickhead.

.BP.

Likes Dirt
Bigger numbers by no means says its a better or good track. I have riden and raced there and can confidently say there are much better tracks, you may say you guys have improved the track lots but is there still that long flat sandy pedal?. you all love to complain about stromlo but cant handle it when your track gets the shit given to it. Accept it there are plenty of other better tracks. But on the other hand it looks as though noone else has stepped up and offered to hold a race at a better venue.

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
If you don't like the track, don't go to the race. I'd prefer to be in the shuttle line with people who enjoy the atmosphere and enjoy riding rather than listening to people who think they are better than the next guy and whinge abnout some pedalling. Some riders may enjoy a challenge in the pedalling sense. Hell, you've got the bike to do it so just do it.
There is so much more to planning a series than just picking the coolest tracks. You should be glad there is a series with quality venues to race on.

Wayno

I've got Gravity on my side
If you don't want to pedal a bicycle buy a motorbike!
Every year people winge about track choice but the truth is there happens to be a small amount of legal race tracks in NSW. If you don't like the track that has been provided to race on, don't go to the event or go to the race and enjoy what you are doing and make the best of the situation that is in front of you. Live life don't whine about it.

thecat

NSWMTB, Central Tableland MBC
I like that fact that when Ourimbah first sat out people whinged it wasn't in.

When we reinstated Lithgow people whinged. When we dropped Lithgow people whinged.

If you could transport whistler over and host a state race there people would whinge. It's just what some people do.

Grundos

Likes Dirt
I don't know why people are moping about Rimby being in the series; it's a state round, not a world cup FFS. There's only so many raceable venues in NSW, and even then it's up to the local club to put their hands up to hold a race.
I recall state rounds where you had to push to the top for a ~1:30 track!
Not to mention the track has had some pretty solid mods done to it lately.
Can't wait to see what Blue Range is all about!

Last edited:

BKelly

teh fast
I could maybe understand the whinging if you had to do all the rounds.....But you don't!
So if you don't like a certain track and are only going to whinge the whole weekend don't go.
Races have a much better atmosphere if you whingers aren't there!
In terms of the track at Ourimbah just as anywhere you only have the hill that's there to work with and in my opinion it's pretty much as good as it can get.
With the average of over 100 plus riders at every club round I'd say that shows the track aint that bad!

Last edited:

FINX74

Likes Dirt
I could maybe understand the whinging if you had to do all the rounds.....But you don't!
So if you don't like a certain track and are only going to whinge the whole weekend don't go.
Races have a much better atmosphere if you whingers aren't there!
In terms of the track at Ourimbah just as anywhere you only have the hill that's there to work with and in my opinion it's pretty much as good as it can get.
With the average of over 100 plus riders at every club round I'd say that shows the track aint that bad!
Yer and that...
Plenty of changes at the 'Bah' this year don't write it off until you've ridden it - not every DH track is going to be perfectly down and narly, we do lack quite a bit of elavation here in Oz, if some guys want courses that you don't have to peddle to much then I suggest f*#king off to the overseas races... :rolleyes:.
Like the Squid said you don't have to ride it.