2011 SRAM Singletrack Mind Series

sclyde2

Likes Dirt
Judging by the EnduroPulse calender, the 7th/8th of May seems to be the likely candidate for a rescheduled round.
judging by the normal calendar, the 8th May is mother's day. Put it on that day, and you won't even know how many whole-series contenders you lose...

Australia

Likes Bikes and Dirt
judging by the normal calendar, the 8th May is mother's day. Put it on that day, and you won't even know how many whole-series contenders you lose...
So maybe the 7th is preferable? just a suggestion anyhow

edit: yay thousandth post

Last edited:

Mr Pants

skanky media ho
New Date Announced!

Dear All

Many thanks for your patience while we’ve been working hard to find a suitable date to reschedule Round 1 of the SRAM Singletrack Mind Series.

After discussions with all parties involved and other users of the Awaba Mountainbike Park, we have opted for Sunday 27 November as the date for this rescheduled event.

“But that’s the traditional weekend of the Wannaride Spring Fat Tyre Festival" we hear you collectively say! ...and you would be correct, but coincidentally our good friend Chris Wilson from Wannaride has decided to hang up his events hat while he follows his very worthy new path of studying land conservation (tree huggin!) and has handed the baton of this great event to us! We intend to keep the great vibe that has made the Spring Fat Tyre Festival a highlight of the MTB calendar. So, we are very pleased to announce that Round 1 of the SRAM Singletrack Mind Series will become 'Round 8.25', in honour of the Spring Fat Tyre Festival, and by virtue of the new date will also be the Series Finale.

Thanks again for your support of our decision to postpone Round 1 and we look forward to seeing you all at Awaba in November, if not before!

Cheers

Fi & Joe

Australia

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Dear All

Many thanks for your patience while we’ve been working hard to find a suitable date to reschedule Round 1 of the SRAM Singletrack Mind Series.

After discussions with all parties involved and other users of the Awaba Mountainbike Park, we have opted for Sunday 27 November as the date for this rescheduled event.

“But that’s the traditional weekend of the Wannaride Spring Fat Tyre Festival" we hear you collectively say! ...and you would be correct, but coincidentally our good friend Chris Wilson from Wannaride has decided to hang up his events hat while he follows his very worthy new path of studying land conservation (tree huggin!) and has handed the baton of this great event to us! We intend to keep the great vibe that has made the Spring Fat Tyre Festival a highlight of the MTB calendar. So, we are very pleased to announce that Round 1 of the SRAM Singletrack Mind Series will become 'Round 8.25', in honour of the Spring Fat Tyre Festival, and by virtue of the new date will also be the Series Finale.

Thanks again for your support of our decision to postpone Round 1 and we look forward to seeing you all at Awaba in November, if not before!

Cheers

Fi & Joe
Will our entries be transferred to round 2 or round 8.25?

Mr Pants

skanky media ho
Round 2 - this weekend!

Just a quick reminder that Round 2 at Coondoo Rd Nowra is on this weekend May 29! You have exactly 4 hours to enter until you cop a little late fee but you can enter up until midnight Wednesday night, so get cracking!

The weather looks mighty fine with a little dampness to keep the dust down midweek but fine weather for the weekend: http://www.weatherzone.com.au/nsw/illawarra/nowra

Here's the course: http://connect.garmin.com/activity/86203826

And if you need any reminder how much fun last year was, lookee here
[video]http://youtu.be/t1Sh3U8cW48[/video]

Last edited:

Australia

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Just a quick reminder that Round 2 at Coondoo Rd Nowra is on this weekend May 29! You have exactly 4 hours to enter until you cop a little late fee but you can enter up until midnight Wednesday night, so get cracking!

The weather looks mighty fine with a little dampness to keep the dust down midweek but fine weather for the weekend: http://www.weatherzone.com.au/nsw/illawarra/nowra

Here's the course: http://connect.garmin.com/activity/86203826

And if you need any reminder how much fun last year was, lookee here
[video]http://youtu.be/t1Sh3U8cW48[/video]
Have entries to the cancelled round been transferred over automatically?

Fi

Chocolate Foot
Have entries to the cancelled round been transferred over automatically?
Entries belong with the event, i.e. the cancelled round which has been rescheduled, and cannot be refunded or transferred to a different event - so if you entered Round 1 you are now entered for Round 8 1/4 on 27 November. If you wish to race at Round 2 you will need to enter that separately.

Cheers

Fi

Fi

Chocolate Foot
Just wanted to mention that specific enquiries about events are far better directed to us by email or phone, we aren't able to guarantee a response to forum posts for obvious reasons, but we do promise to respond to direct enquiries ASAP. If you have a question, don't hesitate to get in touch by email or phone 0457 084 552.

Cheers

Fi

cooken

Likes Dirt
SS gear

Any single speeders out there have advice on gearing for the Nowra race this weekend?

Considering racing my newly built single speed rig on the weekend.

Should be fun day either way.

alchemist

Manly Warringah MTB Club
It's reasonably flat there, but does have some tight single track. Somewhere between 46" to 52" should be fine, unless you're the new new Jeebus (or the new Jeebus or indeed Jeebus) in which case gear up!

cooken

Likes Dirt
Cheers for that.

Seeing as I'm new to single speeding I don't have a powerful beard yet so I best not gear up too much.

I think 32x19 (on a 29er) should be alright.

abevern

Likes Dirt
Confusement

I'm starting with 33x20 on the 29er, and will switch to 33x19 if I'm feeling unusually powerful.

Just checked out the Nowra forecast to find it's been deteriorating. I think. I'm having a little trouble reconciling 90% chance of 10-20mm of rain with "Possible Showers". Perhaps they mean possible showers between rain squalls? At least there's no chance of a frost...

nowra_weather.jpg

Last edited:

Fi

Chocolate Foot
I'm starting with 33x20 on the 29er, and will switch to 33x19 if I'm feeling unusually powerful.

Just checked out the Nowra forecast to find it's been deteriorating. I think. I'm having a little trouble reconciling 90% chance of 10-20mm of rain with "Possible Showers". Perhaps they many possible showers between rain squalls? At least there's no chance of a frost...

View attachment 201889
Meh, yesterday's forecast from BOM/Weatherzone was for showers and we didn't see a drop here in Nowra. Forecast is for a clearing shower this morning and it's bone dry outside. Here's another contradictory forecast: http://www.weather.com.au/nsw/nowra. So who knows?!

Our best guess is there might be a light shower or two on Sunday but as the track is so dry at the moment, plus we're not using any sections prone to bogginess, we think it'll be all good.

... usual disclaimers apply ;)