2011 world champs Champéry - Switzerland

ajay

^Once punched Jeff Kennett. Don't pick an e-fight
There's a fair bit of hate on Gwin because he doesn't go out and party like a mad dog every race, I guess it's seen as sort of 'against the culture'? But lets get real, he one of the nicest, certainly most modest dudes in the field and he just re wrote the record books. Consider that if he hadn't crashed at Ft.Bill he would have won 6/7 rounds in dominating fashion. In one season he won more world cups than Gee has won in his entire career. Sure call the dude boring, but a dick? The dude has just taken DH to another lever, imo that earns respect. No?
Couldn't agree more.

All these newguy-hating nay-Sayers really grind my gears...

jrewing

Eats Squid
I hope Gwin wins...then he'll retire becoming a tele-evangilist, swindling and adultering his way around "the belt".
Nah..

Anyone with a pulse..

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
I hope Barel can win, that guy deserves to go out a champion.
Here here! I was hoping he stayed on the top step in Canberra a few years back but the only other dude due for a win ended up making it a sweet day. I'll miss watching Barel's ruthless style and reading about his fine tuned bikes. He is a real icon of the game. Maybe a team manager position would suit him to pass on his preparation techniques?

As an honest prediction I'll go:
1 - Atherton
2 - Minaar
3 - Hmmm, some crazy lunatic like Hart!

.:ROBBO:.

Likes Dirt
If its true that Hill only came out of a sling on Monday then I dont put him in the top 10. But if its just a story to put everyone off then I put him in second. If its wet then god only knows what he can pull out. We know how good he can be in the wet.

Im not splitting classes.

Gwin,
Gee,
Brosnan,
Minaar,
Hart.

Hard and fast

Likes Dirt
Just thought about the results from Val Di Sol and past form, I think Matti from CRC Nuke Proof should be one to watch, coming in to form with an 8th place last week and took the win in 07, could be one in the top 5...

ajay

Just thought about the results from Val Di Sol and past form, I think Matti from CRC Nuke Proof should be one to watch, coming in to form with an 8th place last week and took the win in 07, could be one in the top 5...
He Took the win in 07 because he played weather tactics and got a dry run.

ajay

Which works once out of the seven hundred and sixty four times you attempt to pull it off!
It was raining hard every day at 4. Was pretty solid solid bet it would pay off, not taking away from his win, it was a fair and square victory, but it's not enough to say that result will land him a podium at worlds if the rain doesn't come.. Im so pumped for this race!!!!

harveyp

Likes Dirt
You might just get your wish - there have been a couple of cracking thunderstorms around the Alps in the past few days!! If the temps stay high it could be game on for a wet one!! Junior team rode in Switzerland yesterday & again today where they said tracks were wet & slippery in morning but tacked up nicely during the later part of the day.

dw4dh

Likes Dirt
Personally Im hoping for torrential rain and to see Hill have a stunner, thats a big ask but who knows its the worlds. Everyone wrote him off last year and he successfully shocked everyone. I think Brosnan and Fearon will be 1 and 2 in the juniors as they both ride the steep stuff great. Lets go the Aussies !!

sprocket

Likes Dirt
Blinky to go over the bars at still place in the top 5!!!!
"Gwin" for the win.....
same top top 15....
love to see peaty rip the nuts out of it..

indica

Serial flasher
1. Hannah. Finally Sik Mik gets a good clean run, everything goes his way and he takes out the champs. After which he retires, becomes a recluse and is only spoken about in legend as the ghost mtber living in the hills.

2. Hill. Sam is foxing with his shoulder. He's been in secret training and is fitter than ever. He tears the course apart but stacks 4/5 of the way down. Ripping his arm right out of his shoulder and finishing one handed to take second in another spectacular ride that becomes more revered than the winning run.

3.Gwin. Gwin has another blinder but is left wondering where Mick and Sam came from and who the hell is that Brosnan kid in juniors who scored a better time too.

4. Minnaar. Big Air goes real big off the top jump and doesn't touch the ground again until just after the half way mark. He makes up a heap of time in the air but furrows a hole 3 feet deep with his BB as he bottoms out, loosing all he gained.

5. Atherton. Gee manages to scrape into the podium after a crash sees him loose a bit of time in the rock garden. He climbs onto the podium nude with the words "All suits are gay" textaed on his arm. The UCI respondes by banning clothes in DH racing
Gold...............

harveyp

Likes Dirt
Those who want it wet - you have got your wish!! Pissed down in the Alps all night & still raining - fresh snow cover on Morzine Alps this morning & now I am glad I took Hoodie and jeans with me. Junior team out riding on wet tyres in Switzerland this arvo to get used to the terrain - will be tired when they finally get back here. Taking them out for a well deserved steak tonight!!