ACT 2012 Australian 24hr Solo MTB Championships

Shrekmeister

Likes Dirt
Entry list attached:

View attachment 230515

Now - this looks a bit odd. Only 62 entries so far but in the location survey there were 171 responses and 80% of them said they were going to do the race at Majura. So, by my count, that means there are 74 of you still to enter in the next day or two :02.47-tranquillity:

i said yes in the survey, however wont be making it unfortunately... :-(

quiggs

Likes Dirt
Jase E, Ed Mac, Andy Hall, Sam C and Stu Brown all smacking the shit out of themselves in the early hours, nearly worth the entry fee to just go watch this main event go down! Wouldn't be surprised if Scotty C sneaks his entry in at the 11th hour and can't write off old Jebus on Easter Sunday can we!!

Good to see Anne Symes back on the circuit again after her busted ankle last November in Redesdale. :fat:

Quiggs

cleeshoy

Eats Squid
Jase E, Ed Mac, Andy Hall, Sam C and Stu Brown all smacking the shit out of themselves in the early hours, nearly worth the entry fee to just go watch this main event go down! Wouldn't be surprised if Scotty C sneaks his entry in at the 11th hour and can't write off old Jebus on Easter Sunday can we!!

Good to see Anne Symes back on the circuit again after her busted ankle last November in Redesdale. :fat:

Quiggs
I agree, its going to be awesome to watch!
I'll give you some live SMS updates whilst I am there mate :)

Anti_Trainer

Likes Dirt
Wooo HOOOOO!!!!!!!!!
"The Fridge" is in!
SS fun is back on the MAP!

As for the legendary 'Wood Pecker Song' - whilst I can't promise I won't sing it, a lot of people know it, so you could be in luck.
Plus I've been working on a few different songs this morning - just to pass the time till Jase/Ed/Andy/Stu/etc lap me :)

Good luck to all the ladies - but a special cheer to the 'Single Ladies'.

As for you Quiggs - you don't need a support crew, you just need a table, some food and a few drinks!
See you and Shrekmeister next year.

Kris_on_1

Likes Dirt
The original decision was to leave this as it was and place some Wet Ones on a near by tree.

Bit of Water.JPG

But we built a bridge instead.

Thanks to all those that came out and helped.

Cycle Technic

Likes Bikes
The original decision was to leave this as it was and place some Wet Ones on a near by tree.

View attachment 230693

I spy three fridges and two eskies.

Kris, there is some fresh timber/rest of gravel near the perspex-covered sign thing near damn track.

Yours shiveringly,

Fridge

Last edited:

Australia

Likes Bikes and Dirt

View attachment 230693

Sydney-sider here, so not sure what the weather has been like down South, How much of the track looks like that?

P.S. any locals going to wager a forecast contrary to the BOM?

Le Matelot

Canberra Off-Road Cyclists
Here they are. 90 riders so far.
Now, this could get interesting ... If you check out the entries, there are two French flags in there - one male, one female. The names next to them belong to two members of the Thule Adventure Racing team - and they are the current world adventure race champions ...

Ok - so we know they're not eligible to take home the Aussie jersey for nationality reasons, but it could be an interesting weekend.

leftieant

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Enduropulse have officially declared a hashtag for the weekend: #AusSolo24 - any others kicking around?

trailburner

Rocky Trail Entertainment
Russ, could I please get the Austrian flag next to my name? In case we do podiums by nationality :)