2012 Back Yamma

spudatm

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Anyone?
Did a grave dig and details for the 2011 race were announced in january last year. Tossing up between this and the Kangara classic entries open on the 9th for the classic so some info before then would be great.

GeurieMTB

Likes Dirt
September 2

Hi,

the very small crew running Back Yamma are very tired after two great events, the Dubbo MTB crew are trying to step up to make sure back Yamma takes place, I sent off an email this morning seeking clarification on this.

Worst case, if Back Yamma is postponed for 2012 the Central West will remain a biking destination in early September with an enduro at the Geurie trail system. That event would either be an 8 or a 12 hour, camping would be at the local showground, or accom in either Wellington or Dubbo (both 20k away). The race would be held on some great smooth flowy singletrack on the edge of the village.

Geurie is a similar time from Sydney and Canberra, closer to Newcastle and points north, further from Wagga/Albury/Wollongong etc

So, keep the first weekend in September free for some great riding in the warm and sunny central west, riding in native cypress pine woodlands and we look forward to seeing you at either Parkes or Geurie on September 2!

Cheers!

spudatm

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Thanks for the reply. I checked the dubbo website last night and it would appear they have pencilled in Back Yamma for September so im crossing my fingers that they take it on.

top_oz_bloke

Likes Dirt
I've got my fingers crossed too - missed this one last year and picked it out as one of the events I want to do this year.

cleeshoy

Eats Squid
+1 on hoping they run the Back Yamma again!! Travelled up from Melbourne for it last year and absolutely loved it - was my favourite interstate event last year. Keen to race it again especially on the 29er wheels :)

GeurieMTB

Likes Dirt
Looking very hopeful

Hi all, the 2012 Back Yamma is looking much more likely to go ahead, 95% at this stage.

Stay posted

spudatm

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Hi all, the 2012 Back Yamma is looking much more likely to go ahead, 95% at this stage.

Stay posted
Great news
Loved last years race even though i didn't complete the 100 {pulled out after one lap cause i was crook} Looking forward to coming back to knock it off this year.

GeurieMTB

Likes Dirt
Back yamma is 100% on!!

I dont have a date yet but Ive assumed early Sept, the new race organiser will confirm a definite date shortly

Yippppeeeee!

cleeshoy

Eats Squid
Back yamma is 100% on!!

I dont have a date yet but Ive assumed early Sept, the new race organiser will confirm a definite date shortly

Yippppeeeee!
Yahoo! :)
Great news - looking forward to it - please let us know when the dates are confirmed - I need to organise accomodation, etc :)

I rode the back yamma bigfoot last year and can't wait to get to it again. Will have a bigger crew with us this year, as i can imagine a few ppl will. Will be booking accomodation as soon as a definite date has been announced.

rocketon2wheels

Cannon Fodder
Bigger and better than ever

Entries are open, Sept 9th is the date.
There is a massive prizepool and loads to giveaway.
Also the competitor packs will be pretty impressive = best value for money racing in Oz!!!
Some new singletrack, spiced up the route a little, more flow and more fun in 2012.
New categories, super masters and a pairs relay for the 100K.
Tell your friends, its gunna be a cracker.

charltons

Likes Bikes
Back gamma

Entries are open, Sept 9th is the date.
There is a massive prizepool and loads to giveaway.
Also the competitor packs will be pretty impressive = best value for money racing in Oz!!!
Some new singletrack, spiced up the route a little, more flow and more fun in 2012.
New categories, super masters and a pairs relay for the 100K.
Tell your friends, its gunna be a cracker.
Hey Rocket how are the trails holding up after all the rain? I'm really looking forward to this years event. You guys put on an awesome event - especially if it's anything like the GN 250 this year!