2012 Club M.U.D Series

jcweston351

Likes Dirt
6 more sleeps...

Only 6 more sleeps till Round 1 kiddies... tracks have been modified, tweaked & refined & by the sound of things it's a big thumbs up from the local riders. Now all we need is for the rain to stop... but then again it is KOB & that's what mud tyres are for... Well... I actually checked the long range forecast this morning & it looks like it's going to be a wet one so... make sure you bring all yer goodies for playing in the MUD...

normdouglas

Likes Dirt
Only 6 more sleeps till Round 1 kiddies... tracks have been modified, tweaked & refined & by the sound of things it's a big thumbs up from the local riders. Now all we need is for the rain to stop... but then again it is KOB & that's what mud tyres are for... Well... I actually checked the long range forecast this morning & it looks like it's going to be a wet one so... make sure you bring all yer goodies for playing in the MUD...
Finally going to have my first ever go at DH racing... after riding and racing bikes for 35 years. Got a few quick questions.

On Sunday, how many timed runs will I get?
On Saturday, is the course marked?

Cheers

Staunch

Eats Squid
Nope, last year when we began racing one track instead of 2 we only did 2 race runs of said track. I assume they're running the same format this year as we're still racing the newer tracks.

bjmtb

Likes Dirt
We are racing the one track per round and you will have two timed runs, the total combined time will be your final race time. Myself and a a few others will be heading out there most likely friday arvo to bunt/mark the tracks, failing that Saturday morning at the latest.

Shredden

Knows his goats
Nope, last year when we began racing one track instead of 2 we only did 2 race runs of said track. I assume they're running the same format this year as we're still racing the newer tracks.
Ahhhh yeahhhhhhhhhh, silly me, completely forgot about the new side of the hill aha.

bjmtb

Likes Dirt
went up today with a mate, tracks looking good but.its gonna be a bit soggy come sunday
with the forecast i don't doubt it, however the new top straight (as you would have seen) has some quickset mixed in so we are hoping that will hold up to the wet weather

rider124

Likes Bikes and Dirt
with the forecast i don't doubt it, however the new top straight (as you would have seen) has some quickset mixed in so we are hoping that will hold up to the wet weather
Quickset is a nice touch till it hits summer. then it hurts like feck when you face plant on it.
So keen for the weekend. whats the forecast supposed to be?

I was lucky enough to be given Saturday off work for once so, despite not being able to race, I'm hoping to get down and take some photos during practice. So, you know, if you see a guy with a camera, do a flip or something cool.

jcweston351

Likes Dirt
Only 2 more sleeps, who's excited?

I looked at the forecast again this morning, even if it does rain, its only going to be 1-5mm which is not much. We had WIN TV & the Courier do a news story last night & paper today promoting our event. Big thanks to Robbie at Tourism Ballarat. There's been a heap of traffic over the tracks since last weekend & the track looked good yesterday, still a little soft along the finishing straight but with a few more riders over it it should pack down nicely. So all looks good for Sunday brong on KOB R1.

jcweston351

Likes Dirt
A full day of practice has gone off without a hitch, track is excellent, was super tacky mid afternoon but a late shower changed the beast into a super slick monster... it should be an interesting race that is for sure. All feedback so far has Been positive & the track has passed by the commisaire with only one interesting tree to be padded up. There had been a few riders decide to give it a nice big hug, myself included. Club MUD hopes to see you all there nice & early at 8am for rego.
Practice starts at 8 with shuttles commencing at 9, unfortunately it was the earliest we could get the buses.

guitar1234

Likes Dirt
If you've ridden Black Hill in the rain, you'll be grateful you couldn't go, as I am. Wish I could be there right now for race runs. Carnage will be the only guarantee.
Oath. Today was insane, just a slosh pit all around, roots were ridiculously slippery and the tabletops took a lot of victims. I'd say nearly everyone riding crashed at least once or twice