Likes Dirt
2012 KOB Round 2

Track map for Round 2...

View attachment Round 2 track map.FS.pdf

2012 CLUB M.U.D. KING OF BALLARAT
Round 2 Sunday 29th July
EVENT PROCEEDINGS

7.45am Marshals in position & radio check carried out
8.00am Registration & official practice begins.
9.00am P/A , Music & MC.
11.00am Registration closes.
12 noon practice finishes.
12. noon - 1.00pm break.
12.45pm riders breifing & marshalls in position (radio check)
1.00pm racing commences 2x timed runs of same track.

Order as follows...
• Women (pink)
• Under 15's (purple)
• Over 35's green)
• D-Grade (blue)
• C-Grade (yellow)
• B-Grade (orange)
• A-Grade (red)

Race & tracks closed followed by Presentations
4.00 pm event officially over.

For updated info & recent track work images see Club M.U.D's Facebook page...

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Club-MUD/79327603515

Tracks were worked,refined & ridden over the weekend all feedback was excellent, it's going to be a brilliant race, lets just hope it doesn't rain...

ScooterXC

Likes Dirt
Anyone get a video of my massive bike holding knee slide on Sunday morning at the bottom? Orange Commencal and black kit... Was rather funny, luckily I got my only crash out of the way nice and early!
+1
there was a guy filming in practice, got my free fall off the hill.. should be hilareous to watch :eek:hwell:
:rain:

jcweston351

Likes Dirt
KOB round 2 this weekend...

Just a reminder that Club MUD's King of Ballarat Round 2 is on this weekend Sunday 29th July... We will be racing Opencut track this time round & it's going to be fantastic... We have re-worked & refined parts of the track & feedback from riders has all been good. We have had some fairly heavy rain over the past few weeks & this track is still relatively dry & hard. There are also some really great spectator vantage points on this track so bring your parents & mates... See you there, Club MUD...

jcweston351

Likes Dirt
Hey guys
Just wondering if there will be shuttle runs on saturday as well?

Thanks James
No official shuttle runs, but there will be plenty of people shuttling so you should be able to catch a lift... The Youies crew are doing bus shuttles for their members as well so... I hear membership is only $25! or you could just ask & see.

James_Ball

Likes Bikes
No official shuttle runs, but there will be plenty of people shuttling so you should be able to catch a lift... The Youies crew are doing bus shuttles for their members as well so... I hear membership is only $25! or you could just ask & see.
Thanks for this

Good thing im a you yangs member

Thanks alot
James

jcweston351

Likes Dirt
KOB R2 track condition...

Just checked the weather people... possible shower tomorrow 80% chance & Sunday possible shower 50% chance 1-5mm which is not much considering what we have had over the last 2 days... Graeme is already on the hill bunting tracks & tells me the track is quite dry.

I recon that if I gave him a thermometer, he'd even check the track temp for you guys... It's a sickness I'm sure! lol

Relax fellas, it's not going to be anywhere near the same as R1, this track is much drier with different soil type & often gets full afternoon sun, the clay base gets quite tacky...

ClubMUD.

t_byrnz

Likes Dirt
Just checked the weather people... possible shower tomorrow 80% chance & Sunday possible shower 50% chance 1-5mm which is not much considering what we have had over the last 2 days... Graeme is already on the hill bunting tracks & tells me the track is quite dry.

I recon that if I gave him a thermometer, he'd even check the track temp for you guys... It's a sickness I'm sure! lol

Relax fellas, it's not going to be anywhere near the same as R1, this track is much drier with different soil type & often gets full afternoon sun, the clay base gets quite tacky...

ClubMUD.
aaah cheerz bro , just playin, gunna be a great event plenty of thrills and spills :) yeeewwwww

normdouglas

Likes Dirt
Can't wait... looking forward to my 2nd race.

Might even try some "flatter" pedals this time ;)

Look at me, I'm becoming one of "those downhillers"

jcweston351

Likes Dirt
KOB Round 2 Results

Well, Club M.U.D's KOB round 2 has been raced & won... Congratulations to Dave (Firerider) Habich who took out the overall round with a remarkable run.
Club M.U.D. would like to thank everyone who attended & raced, especially the Marshals who helped us out. The weather was far from perfect & it was bloody cold up on the hill...
We ended up having 69 riders compete which considering the outlook in the morning wasn't too bad.
Anyway, here are the results...

Attachments

Brooksy007

Likes Dirt
Thanks again Club MUD

Well run event guys - keep up the great work!

Pitty about the weather, but what are you gonna do in winter in VIC...

I had a bloody good time and will definately be back for the final...:thumb:

jcweston351

Likes Dirt
KOB 2012 standings so far...

Ok guys, here are the overall event standings for KOB after round 2... It's certainly much more interesting this year, the bad weather has really mixed things up a bit! This will make Round 3 on the 26th August very interesting & after the last 2 rounds I'm not even going to speculate on the weather...

Attachments

Shredden

Knows his goats
Hey mate,

Just looking at the results - I (Theo Sheridan) am listed twice in B grade. One time in 5th place and one time in 12th. If I add the two together (points from round one and points from round two) I get 120, which would place me second overall instead of 5th or 12th - is this the case?

I came 2nd at round 1 and 7th at round 2.

Thanks guys.