Tires Maxxis Minion DHF 26×2.5
Seatpost Pro Atherton series
Saddle Pro Atherton series
Colour Cyan Blue
Weight 18,3Kg
Sizes S, M, L

driftking

Wheel size expert
Good call starting a new thread from the older one.
I saw these on the site the other day, looks hot.
Im a big fan of the changes they have made over the previous bike, my only objection is the longer WB which is just a personal preference.

indica

Serial flasher
From that side it looks like a faux-bar, are there any shots from the other side?
How does the shock mount on the bottom?

Last edited:

muskimo

Likes Bikes and Dirt
i believe there is a link, from the bottom shock mount that connects it all up. (full floating style) same linkage to be used on the new 5.5 (which is apparently meant to pedal better than the current XC bike. (thats good news for the AM riders not so much for the XC peps).

GDonehue

Likes Dirt
Fusion have been running the direct shock mount on the chain stay for ages on all their rigs and it does work nicely on the AM bike. They were using MUCH shorter chainstays and we got heaps of cracking around the rocker link bolts (big stress + thin frame = maltman's rear shock exploding through the frame). It looks like Commencal have beefed this area up, but it will be interesting to see the survival rate.

Holy shit, that bike looks crazy nice.

Any idea of prices yet? I thought I'd heard 5k thrown around by some people, but for all I know they could've been off by a long way.

dunndog

Eats Squid
Holy shit, that bike looks crazy nice.

Any idea of prices yet? I thought I'd heard 5k thrown around by some people, but for all I know they could've been off by a long way.
That would be insanely cheap, but god I hope you're right!! I'll have 2..

I asked and got a reply saying that it will be $8700.
Hmm, strange. Just going off one of the bike stores up this way's Facebook profile he said the Commencal DH V3's would have a RRP of $5,000. Seems too good to be true though.

And in saying that the photo he posted of what is supposed to be the new bike has some differences. For example, the one posted on his page has Bomber's not 40's. However I will say the photo with the Bomber's looks really good. They seem to really suit the bike.

Oh and he also referred to it as the 2013 model. Strange.

Here's a link to the page I'm referring to for anyone wondering.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/CrankD-Cycles/157462010936550

driftking

Wheel size expert
Hmm, strange. Just going off one of the bike stores up this way's Facebook profile he said the Commencal DH V3's would have a RRP of $5,000. Seems too good to be true though.
Keep in mind there is the standard V3 and then the atherton replica. Im not sure what the price variation is on these two but the standard V3 could be around the 5K mark with the atherton replica been the $8700. The one posted on the first page of this thread is the athy replica.

Keep in mind there is the standard V3 and then the atherton replica. Im not sure what the price variation is on these two but the standard V3 could be around the 5K mark with the atherton replica been the $8700. The one posted on the first page of this thread is the athy replica.
Ah yes, good point. Didn't really think about that. I stand corrected.

Thanks for clarification.

The standard V3 still looks good for the price though.

josh23567

Cannon Fodder

And in saying that the photo he posted of what is supposed to be the new bike has some differences. For example, the one posted on his page has Bomber's not 40's. However I will say the photo with the Bomber's looks really good. They seem to really suit the bike.

Oh and he also referred to it as the 2013 model. Strange.

Here's a link to the page I'm referring to for anyone wondering.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/CrankD-Cycles/157462010936550

The ATHERTON version comes with 40's, an rc4, full saint and "pro ATHERTON" bars, direct mount, seat post and seat. In comparison to the standard supreme v3 which comes with; 888 bombers (intergrated stem, Matzochi integrated shock, sram decendant black box cranks, slx shifter, saint rear reaileur, sram cassette, sdg seat, and commencal bars and seat post. In my personal opinion the ATHERTON replica is a heaps nicer build in both looks and quality but attracks a typical "branded" price tag. Soo keen to take one for a raz.

Tomtom Wyatt

Likes Bikes
I asked and got a reply saying that it will be $8700.
It is $8700 RRP. I've seen the propper price list. The cheaper model comes out at around the 5k mark. It's much like an evil with the floating shock compressing from both directions. I recken if you r going to spend that money, get a Lappier. 16.5kg out of the box.