2012 Forrest 6 Hour - Entries now open

uhuforrest

Likes Dirt
Roland,
just an enquiry about the catergories. Last year we did it in teams of three(males). There doesn't appear to be the same catergory this year. As longer as there is not gender testing on site, we are happy to dress one of us in a pink tutu to fit in with the available catergories.
G'Day,

Like most races, the most popular categories are offered, if we find we get more teams leaning one way than the other, categories are adjusted to suit just before the race

Hope this helps

(108 entrants as of Friday night)

Roland

uhuforrest

Likes Dirt
146 entrants so far.

There are less than 40 solo spots left and still entries coming in.

If you want to enter, or know someone who wants to enter solo, please pass this on.

Solo entries could be sold out in less than 1 week.

We have ordered enough trophies for every category, about $800 worth.

Will post some pics when they arrive.

Regards

Roland

Art Vanderlay

Hourly daily
I see solo field is now full. Counting down the days!

Is it possible to camp at/near the start line?

Last edited:

uhuforrest

Likes Dirt
G'Day All,

Solo spots are sold out and team entries continue to flow in.

When you arrive to park, we'll be rattling tins, (nicely of course), looking for donations to our trail crew.

To give you a preview of where this money goes, we had Nick Bowman from IMBA-AU in Forrest last week-end to teach our trail crew about good sustainable trail design. I have included a couple of pics below to show what we learnt

Before: We have a section of trail heading down a fall line, with braking ruts and a gouged out muddy puddle at the bottom. The trail crew is discusing the problem and agreeing on a solution with Nick's help

AFTER: A sustainable trail, with flow built in. This trail won't collect water and the new flow avoids the need for braking

Of course there is always a rush to be first down the new section. Fifteen people, four hours work, a few hundred kg's of rock and some crushed limestone just to tie it all in, ridden in under five seconds

Regards

Roland

Last edited:

jamespierce

Likes Dirt
As a lover of the Forrest trails I'm always happy to see some money going to you guys, always appreciate the work you put in.

pistonbroke

Eats Squid
Rider info packs are out. I see that we have to register before 8:00am. That makes for a bloody early start for people coming from Melbourne. I'll have to get me and a mate in the car and on the before 05:30. I hate early starts.
I know some will say to come down Friday and stay, but as with many others, it's getting harder for me to get away. My mate and I both have young families.
If we are running late should we just turn around and go home?

Stevob

Likes Bikes and Dirt
It's probably more of a measure to try to eliminate the last minute rush that is usually the case at these events. I'd say that if you're five minutes late, no-one's going to be too bothered. The organisers are too friendly for that.

I'll be leaving Ringwood no later than 5:30 with a mate also. I have a marquee to set up and I want to have time to register, have a coffee, take a (weight saving) dump, go over the bike and have a warm up spin. The early starts don't worry me. As a truck diver on night shift, I see it as more of a big sleep-in.:tickled_pink:

Knut

Troll hunter
We rode the course yesterday.

The teams course is short. There is a fair bit of open trail. There is some singletrack.

The solo course is really nice. I could easily spend a couple of hours out there.

Good of some of the Forrest members to join us yesterday for a ride. Looking forward to the World Championship Six Hour.

normdouglas

Likes Dirt
Rider info packs are out. I see that we have to register before 8:00am. That makes for a bloody early start for people coming from Melbourne. I'll have to get me and a mate in the car and on the before 05:30. I hate early starts.
I know some will say to come down Friday and stay, but as with many others, it's getting harder for me to get away. My mate and I both have young families.
If we are running late should we just turn around and go home?
Each year we have been literally "left in the dark" at presentations. To avoid this we have moved the start 30 mins ahead. An early start is what MTB races is all about. Jess is at the Wombat 100 as I type this, the race START there was 7am.

It's probably more of a measure to try to eliminate the last minute rush that is usually the case at these events. I'd say that if you're five minutes late, no-one's going to be too bothered. The organisers are too friendly for that.
What he said.

We rode the course yesterday.

The teams course is short. There is a fair bit of open trail. There is some singletrack.

The solo course is really nice. I could easily spend a couple of hours out there.

Good of some of the Forrest members to join us yesterday for a ride. Looking forward to the World Championship Six Hour.
"Some" singletrack??? Give me a break Steve! The Teams lap like last year is kept shorter in order to give teams riders more laps each.
Marriners Run and Foxtail plus the back end of Super loop in reverse will provide for ample singletrack.
Yes the Solo course is longer.

Please note there is a small error in the current maps, I will attempt to update them today and republish.

Cheers

Stevob

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Each year we have been literally "left in the dark" at presentations. To avoid this we have moved the start 30 mins ahead. An early start is what MTB races is all about. Jess is at the Wombat 100 as I type this, the race START there was 7am.
9:30 is good. In the past years I've found it was a bit of a wait after setting up. Also agree about the presentations in the dark. A month earlier may help this a bit too.