VIC 2012 INTERwinter Series . 4 races, 4 clubs. May 13, June 3rd, July 8th and August 8th

mmatrix

Likes Dirt
Sunday 13th May - INTERWINTER is back. Yes, we're back to 4 events for the series this year. A, B, C and Women's grades and a special 'Club Cup' Competition where you can earn points for your club!

Sunday May 13th, Creswick, Ballarat-Sebastopol CC - 3hr Enduro
Sunday June 3rd, Castlemaine, Central Vic Rocky Riders - XCO
Sunday July 8th, Redesdale, Full Gas Pedallers -XCM
Sunday August 12th, You Yangs, GMBC - 3 Stage Race
InterWinter entries should be open on Entryzone this week. It's great value racing at $25/race online or $30 on the day; or enter the whole series for only $80. Non-MTBA members will need a Day Licence ($20) for each race. Last year we had nearly $2000 to give away in the Series prizes so get on it!

So there will be an additional comp across the series which is, Club against Club, Turn up in Club colours if you can, and Race for your Club.

Last edited:

Knut

Troll hunter
Eighty bucks for four top class races? That is awesome!

Long live club racing!

akashra

Eats Squid
Also note there's three almost new venues to explore in this series.

We (Full Gas Peddlers) have something to announce a little closer to the event (about the event) too, so stay tuned. You won't be disappointed.
And Rishi, don't worry about dry trails. Remember - it never rains at Redesdale :D

akashra

Eats Squid
Nice :applause:

Edit: And just for that, I decided it's time for a new Animaniacs-inspired .sig :D

Last edited:

drfuentes

Likes Dirt
Ballarat Interwinter 3hr Enduro at the Forest Resort Creswick

No matter if it rains we can run a lap inside the foyer of the hotel and down the wedding processional stairs.

This should be huge.

Plan the whole weekend away. Book at the hotel for a discount and free Mother's Day breakfast buffet! Sleep in read the paper. Relax indulge the race isn't til the afternoon!

Saturday we will have plenty of trails to keep you out there and happy.

Check out Calembeen park, Slatey Creek, The GDT, Black Hill. Its all good. Lock it in.

drfuentes

Likes Dirt
From my inbox to yours
Now posted to the BSCC website embedded link below with the details of accomodation package and the sat map of the course.

Yes MTB’ers, great value, grassroots club racing is back again in the 2012 InterWinter Series

Ride different trails, different formats, different clubs all with a fun, low-down, laid-back feel, feet up on your favourite ride, just enjoying the singletrack.
A, B & C Grade & Women’s categories. Online entry, series points and a series champion in each category. Enter just one race or enter all four - everyone welcome. The tracks are suitable for all standard of mountain bike riders, so it’s a fun and inclusive mountain bike series. The 4 clubs have also got an Interclub ‘Club Cup’ competition going to spice it up a bit!

Rd 1 - SUNDAY May 13th, 2012 (Racing starts 1pm).
3 hr Enduro at a new venue - Novotel Forest Resort, Creswick, Organiser: Ballarat-Sebastopol MTB Club. This is the Grading race!

Rd 2 - SUNDAY June 3rd, 2012
XCO format - Walmer State Forest, Castlemaine, Organiser: Central Victorian Rocky Riders MTB Club

Rd 3 - SUNDAY July 8th, 2012
Marathon format (21, 35 or 49km) at Mt Lofty Bushland Reserve, Redesdale, Organiser: Full Gas Peddlers

Rd 4 - SUNDAY August 12th, 2012
3 Stage Race (ITT, XCO & XCC) at the You Yangs, Organiser: Geelong Mountain Bike Club (this round carries GMBC Club Champs points)

How Much is it? - Entry $25/race online at Entryzone or $30 on the day. Or you can enter the whole series for $80! MTBA or Day Licence ($20 per race) required. $5 per rider goes to Series prizes - last year we had nearly $2000 to divvy up for series winners and random prizes, and this year we expect to have more with 4 events included.

I can’t wait!

Tania (for the GMBC crew)

And the embedded link

http://www.cyclingballarat.com.au/mtb/mtb_events

riderideride

Likes Dirt
Why is round 1 on a Sunday at 1pm?? I am thinking a lot of people will not do it because of the start time. It means presentations will be about 6pm followed by a drive home to clean bikes etc before going back to work Monday.

rearviewmirror

Likes Dirt
Why is round 1 on a Sunday at 1pm?? I am thinking a lot of people will not do it because of the start time. It means presentations will be about 6pm followed by a drive home to clean bikes etc before going back to work Monday.
Not starting a debate, but I'm thankful for the late start. I'm burned out on early starts, while it is nice to get it over with, in this case a winter 3 hour in the afternoon will be quite nice.

riderideride

Likes Dirt
Not starting a debate, but I'm thankful for the late start. I'm burned out on early starts, while it is nice to get it over with, in this case a winter 3 hour in the afternoon will be quite nice.
Really??? oh well, maybe some will like it then. I find it quite tiring to get home really late on a Sunday and then have to do all the chores before bed. Would be ok if it was a Saturday, but its just the whole work the next day thing. Will have to decide closer to the date if I am up to the late start or not. Bummer, was looking forward to it! :(

pistonbroke

Eats Squid
Loving the late start, but yeah, maybe Saturday would be better. Sounds like a lot of fun though.

How does the marathon race work with the different grades? Do the A grades do the long distance and the C graders do the short?

splinter1959

Likes Dirt
Mothers Day

A late start is good because it is Mothers Day. I will have time to organise the kids and breakfast in bed with their mother, then I run away to a bike race. It will be a good day.

akashra

Eats Squid
Loving the late start, but yeah, maybe Saturday would be better. Sounds like a lot of fun though.

How does the marathon race work with the different grades? Do the A grades do the long distance and the C graders do the short?
That's correct.

The aim is that it will be a start loop plus 1 lap for C grade, a start loop plus 2 laps for B grade, and a start loop plus 3 laps for A grade. We're still sorting out whether there'll be one or two feed stations. We anticipate the A grade winner will finish in under 2h30m.

pistonbroke

Eats Squid
That's correct.

The aim is that it will be a start loop plus 1 lap for C grade, a start loop plus 2 laps for B grade, and a start loop plus 3 laps for A grade. We're still sorting out whether there'll be one or two feed stations. We anticipate the A grade winner will finish in under 2h30m.
Fantastic idea. At most marathon races, by the time I've finished, the pros have got their trophies, had a wash and driven home.

akashra

Eats Squid
Note the distances may vary a little bit - we'll try to make it as long as we can (we're still exploring a few extension options) without having A grade traverse the same terrain more than three times, trying to fit in best possible with the XCM rules as we can. The only exception is the distance, since it's a club race... consider it a mini-XCM :)

Knut

Troll hunter
Breakfast in bed

Since it's a late start, I might have breakfast in bed with Jodes and the kids. Because it's Mothers Day. I guess she can race too. Good idea that late start bizo. Wash the bikes when we get home. All good.