2012 nsw/act state dh dates

Rent_a_crowd

Likes Dirt
a thread where state series races can be discussed i dont have any dates of yet
Hey Mate,

On Rockytrail's Facebook page, they have put up a calendar for next year and it has the dates and some of the locations for next years state rounds. They start at Del Rio on 23-24 June and go through to November. Looks like there's 5 rounds plus a champs. Must be trying to get as much money out of us as possible.

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
Must be trying to get as much money out of us as possible.
With good reason. Rocky Trail Entertainment are the best thing that could have happened to downhill racing in NSW. I'll gladly attend a race they are overseeing before any other promoter's event. As an organiser I can gladly say they are the best company for the job and well worth a big wrap.
For the record, your $120 entry doesn't do much more than cover costs of staging the event so it makes it good value.

Rent_a_crowd

Likes Dirt
With good reason. Rocky Trail Entertainment are the best thing that could have happened to downhill racing in NSW. I'll gladly attend a race they are overseeing before any other promoter's event. As an organiser I can gladly say they are the best company for the job and well worth a big wrap.
For the record, your $120 entry doesn't do much more than cover costs of staging the event so it makes it good value.
I'm not saying they don't do a good job. It's just that I thought 4 round plus Champs was a good amount of races to attend, with travel and accommodation costs plus entry fee.

Depending on where all the rounds are, I probably won't attend all 5 rounds. I just wonder how many other people feel the same. I will be disappointed to miss out on a round but that's just the way it is.

sammydog

NSWMTB, Hunter MTB Association
Dozer will agree, the argument on number of races has been played out a million times.

People complain 4 races plus a champs is not enough, add a race and others complain it's too much.

Not going to appease all the people all the time, at least you know with Martin and the Rocky Trail Crew that the event organization will be top notch.

trouble

Likes Bikes and Dirt
if they go through to november then that sucks massive balls for U19's who have exams around this time
....and those who race national series which usually starts around there. We could create a lists on this but surely it's a good sign that they see it worth while to extend the series by another round. Good on them!

VTSS350

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Looks like Stromlo is back on the calandar for next year. Any reasons why??

Most people I talk to hate that track.

dh 4life

Likes Dirt
um just a quick questions why did they change all the dates around for all the rounds???

the normal march to July (or what ever date they were) races worked well

also i'll be doing exams next year and will have to miss 1 maybe 2 rounds the way they have done the calender.

As much as i know some people bitch about some tracks, you put what you can put together with the resouces you have.

lachie.g

Likes Dirt
if people want to improve in riding the best thing is to go through with some thing as much as possible,there are not one tracki have ridden where i didnt like it, stromlo is probly my favourite

driftking

Wheel size expert
if people want to improve in riding the best thing is to go through with some thing as much as possible,there are not one tracki have ridden where i didnt like it, stromlo is probly my favourite
That sentence was not put together very well.
Although repetition is a excellent way to improve at a chosen skill, there are many other ways one can improve their riding ability off the bike too.

As for the original point of this thread.I do have to say that next year will be my first series and what I consider my first official race (only done a few interschools and 2 states back when I could hardly even ride a bike let alone know how to race on my free ride rig) and im looking forward to having 5 rounds plus champs coming up. I will admit the money is a bit of a concern.
I am looking forward to having that extra round of the series and watch how it does play out with the riders needing to stay on it and focus longer to seal up the series. Having that extra round always throws the possibility of upsets near the top in the series.

Last edited:

djsmitt

Likes Dirt
Just so you all know, for the del rio round I will be dj'ing from about 9pm onwards on saturday night possibly even saturday so get ready to party!!!!

norco man

Likes Bikes
If it is true that they're running stromlo and people have an issue with getting to all 5 rounds I have a simple solution. Just skip stromlo! you'll be saving yourself from a lot of pain and suffering, and it's not like you'll be missing much anyway.

5h1f7y

Likes Dirt
Just so you all know, for the del rio round I will be dj'ing from about 9pm onwards on saturday night possibly even saturday so get ready to party!!!!
Sweet I'll bring my hardtail too then :very_drunk:

I don't care which round is where, or when, I will try and make it! Seriously though can we get drivers with Australian drivers licences this time? :tape:

Cheers Pete

thecat

NSWMTB, Central Tableland MBC
....and those who race national series which usually starts around there.
The whole idea (and it has been done before) is that riders can use the state series to build into the Nationals rather than trying to train and peek for the states then take a month off and try an repeak for the Nationals

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
Sweet I'll bring my hardtail too then :very_drunk:
Ahem, um..... I think he meant deejaying, like disc jockey dj'ing, not dirt jumping. You could have him split some tracks using your rear wheel though I guess.