2012: Orange 225 Scrapped

heavyp

You heard it here first
Nah its an actual 225 proto, his 224 from the season before is for sale on there too.

I know its only a proto and there prob sitting on the end product its been around for years team riders to refine it and it has been announced that this is the last year of the 224 evo.

But yeah i didnt think they would be able to sell a proto until the finished product was released

evObda2

Likes Bikes and Dirt
The 225 was due to be released around about now, but the last word on the 225 was Orange wasn't fully happy with the outcome and were unfortunately going back to the drawing board.
Also the 225 wasnt going to replace the 224, just offer a 2nd type of frame.

Ricky Boyer may be able to confirm this a bit more or not?

muskimo

Likes Bikes and Dirt
there was a video on here somewhere a long while back, that was showing the new 225 off, and clearly stated in the vid, that the 225 was to run along side the 224 not replace. obviously things can change and it may very well replace the 224, that is something we will have to wait and see.

evObda2

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I was right.. (from the horses mouth) 225 is binned. New team bike (not 225) to be released in a couple weeks apparently (to the team that is) No word on public release yet.

Last edited:

mr.dh.guy

Ignore my useless dribble
hey hey

there is a 225 proto its not on sale as far as knowbut its using a linkage suspension design ;) its on googleimages

heavyp

You heard it here first
I was right.. (from the horses mouth) 225 is binned. New team bike (not 225) to be released in a couple weeks apparently (to the team that is) No word on public release yet.
I stand corrected i just found this...................http://www.moredirt.co.uk/ratebike.php?id=27572 read the comments, im surprised they didnt do a honda and destroy them all

Wheres this horse ? haha

Sorry guy i didnt get a bit lazy and did read in dirt a while ago it was only meant to come out along side the 224 but could be bothered to type it.

Binned the name i bet ? i bet its that frame with linkage and they are just going to have a proper name instead of going with 225.

What ever it is it should be nice and be one of the best bikes out there, they need to sponsor a world class rider again even if its a one man team rennie? hahah

Last edited:

heavyp

You heard it here first
Maybe there new none linkage bike is a more refined version of this, can't believe ive never seen this before. I did have a link but pic would not work ever thou the link does

Attachments

Last edited:

heavyp

You heard it here first
If downhill is becoming all about weight I cant see any gearbox bikes going into production

evObda2

Likes Bikes and Dirt
New pic of Orange prototype DH emerges..

"Its coded 322 - 3rd gen 22X series, link 225 consigned to our museum along with a few other protos that didn't make it. No timeline as yet, lets hear what the riders have to say first."

heavyp

You heard it here first
New pic of Orange prototype DH emerges..

"Its coded 322 - 3rd gen 22X series, link 225 consigned to our museum along with a few other protos that didn't make it. No timeline as yet, lets hear what the riders have to say first."

So its a lapierre without the linkage ? Original!!!!!

Nerf Herder

Wheel size expert
Whats the benefit of the canoe thingy ... is it stronger, does it affect leverage or whatever shock tuning "stuff" ... or will it add more bass to the "filing cabinet tinkling"(TM) :p.

muskimo

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Whats the benefit of the canoe thingy ... is it stronger, does it affect leverage or whatever shock tuning "stuff" ... or will it add more bass to the "filing cabinet tinkling"(TM) :p.
i think i may offer more room for the shock, as a lot of previous model 223 and 224 i believed suffered from the boost valve smacking the TT, also it should lay the shock completely horizontal, and aid in more sensitive start stroke.

ToranaJudd

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I imagine it would get the shock as forward as possible allowing the forward trianlge to be smaller...?

Maybe 1 benefit, but a smaller triangle means less weight!

As we all know (Ev/J@se) that these things are heavy as fuck already!!

:)

Calvin M

Likes Dirt
I would say it is to give a more progressive shock rate and a lower center of gravity. As said also for more room for the shock rc4 with bigger Piggy back etc.
Good to not see any mounts for shock drive linkages and the swing arm pivot position still looks the same as 224.

J@se

Breezeway Bandit
I thought I explained it today? You must have been too busy trying to sell me a seat clamp to listen.:p

Its so that it becomes more progressive through the shock stroke due to the angle of the shock. No requirement for a silly rocker link. According to Borange anyway. Linky - WIDEOPEN!

Forget the K9, I'll have one of these next thanks.;)

Last edited: