2012 Products Thread

Ryan H

Likes Dirt
Those UMF Freddy's look super fun! bar the dirty Ardents on the team model..
What? Are you serious? Ardents FTW!! Best grip eva, much more than Minions. apart from wearing out so quick they are the best Maxxis tire (for the front at least).

needaride

Likes Dirt
What? Are you serious? Ardents FTW!! Best grip eva, much more than Minions. apart from wearing out so quick they are the best Maxxis tire (for the front at least).
ahwell mate i guess everyones had different experience with them, but unfortunately mine (and mates) have all been bad.. side nobs fold over in corners? And the 2.35 version that a bike shop put on the back of my AM rig was slippery as a street tire..

EightyOneSpices

Cannon Fodder
Formula Brakes 2012

2012 Formula RO (Replaces the One in the product line) supposed 15% more power.
Radial Master Cylinder / Oval Piston. Weight - 337g

Above statement is not quite correct. May I make a correction. In fact I'll give you a quick run down of the Formula range for 2012!

The RO not only has more braking power (approx 15%), but the main advantage of the RO is that the larger piston surface area actually results in improved modulation - that's the goal of the RO, improved modulation. The RO is available in a polish with black FCS and TFRA only.

The new RO is the new DH brake. The first brake with Oval pistons, giving an huge effective diameter of 25.4mm.

The Formula TheOne remains in the line up of brakes but takes in the position as the perfect "all-rounder". For 2012 TheOne has the TFRA (Tool Free Reach Adjust) and FCS (Feeling Control System) added - these are no longer optional upgrades on The One. TheOne remains black with gold caliper piston cover and gold FCS and gold TFRA. Weight with these features is now 336g including mounting hardware and 160mm rotor.
TheOne-_0044.jpg

The R1 has received the addition of the TFRA for 2012 as standard. The R1 now weighs 298g including 160mm rotor and hardware and comes in a glossy black finish rith red TFRA and caliper piston cover.
R1_0041.jpgR1_pinza_0071.jpg

Added to the lineup of Formula brakes is the R1Racing or R1R. This brake is kept minimalistic with no additional adjusters, but instead with a carbon lever blade and complete Ti hardware and alloy backed pads as standard - polished finish. At 270g it remains the lightest production disc brake on the market.
R1Racing_Pompa2_9474.jpgRacing1_DSC_0182.jpgRacing1_DSC_0186.jpg

The RX remains the best value brake. It comes standard without the TFRA and FCS, but both can be upgraded as previously. For 2012 the RX is available in a white or black - both with a red caliper piston cover.
Rx_Bianco_Pompa_9451.jpgRX_DSC_0160.jpgRX_0189.jpg

-The main goal for 2012, other than to introduce the R0, was to bring in all features that were optional in 2011 and have them as standard where relevant.
-The MC body has been optimized and the reservoir has increased for all brakes for 2012 as well as the small torx bolts that annoyed so many people replaced by hex key bolts.
-The IRA (Instant reach Adjust) has been redesigned and is now integrated in the lever.
-The FCS's outer contour has been changed to be more "skin friendly".

That was a quick run down for Formula Brakes products for 2012! Enjoy...

Welshy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Although they have a floating rear end not a faux bar single pivot. This frame IMO is a far superior design. Not sure if I prefer it to the Fusion though, I'd have to see the wheel paths, leverage curves, anti squat characteristics, chain growth, and finally, and irrelevant to suspension design but geo.
What is it with you and spouting absolute bullshit? You're so hung up on trying to sound like you know what you're on about by stringing a chain of long bike words together, that you fail to notice you're a clueless bastard.

Neither the Mondraker or the thing are a faux bar single pivot. A Kona is a faux bar single pivot. The Mondraker and its 'copy' have full floating rear ends, which in many ways have been compared to DW in terms of ride characteristics.

You're an importer for Christ's sake. Get some background knowledge before you unleash your stupidity online.

TheBug

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Quad-Link 3

Sad day for the lovers of the "bow" style quad-link bikes from Marin (at least in XC/Trail guise anyway). They look like most bikes out there now and not that it's necessarily a bad thing but the look was a big part of their appeal IMO. The new look allows a lower weight though and cheaper cost of production.

Mount Vision XM7

East Peak and Rift Zone also get the QL3 treatment.

Last edited:

reillyh123

Likes Dirt
Here she is! Coming new for 2012 from Specialized, the ever so long awaited replacement for the BigHit.... the "Status"!! 200mm front and rear... comes in two builds!
I cant remember which being which.. one had domain front and Fox RC rear, and the other X-fusion front and rear... DAMN cheap too. the lower being i think around $3000, and higher being around $4000.

2012_specialized_statuss.jpg

Last edited: