NSW 2012 SRAM Singletrack Mind Enduro Series – New venues, more singletrack adventures!

Mr Pants

skanky media ho
here's all the details: http://www.rotorburn.com/forums/sho...6-More-new-venues-more-singletrack-adventures

Entries open in March, it's time to get your teams and race schedule sorted!

2012 SRAM Singletrack Mind Series Venues
29 April: Kinross State Forest – Orange
24 June: Kowen Forest – Canberra
19 August: Coondoo Road – Nowra
16 September: Welby – Southern Highlands of NSW
28 October: Lidsdale State Forest – Rydal
25 November: Awaba Mountain Bike Park – Lower Hunter Valley

All gold, no filler!

Last edited:

charltons

Likes Bikes
Details of Kinross round of STM

Hi Mr Pants,

Do you have any more details of the first round of the Singletrack Mind series. Will there be a video to show people what to expect? I hear Kinross is the most awesome track in NSW! is this true?

nsr077

Likes Dirt
Hi Mr Pants,

Do you have any more details of the first round of the Singletrack Mind series. Will there be a video to show people what to expect? I hear Kinross is the most awesome track in NSW! is this true?
Kinross has evolved into a truly awesome trail network. Smoothish fairly fast flowing pine forest singletrack that never seems to end. Few rocky areas with moderate elevation gains. Just a great network of trails. Lord knows the town sucks ass so the trails are a blessing...

Mr Pants

skanky media ho
Capital Punishment....

Looks like 2012 is going to be the year of cancellation and rescheduling, we're almost glad we got so much practice in last year! Due to AROC rescheduling their Capital Punishment race to the date of our SRAM Singletrack Mind series Round 1 event we're struggling to see what point there is in running on the same weekend as an event that already has 2000 competitors pre-entered. We imagine that a significant proportion of you may have entered that event and probably want to race most of the STM series as well which puts you and us in an unfortunate predicament.

We really want this to happen for the cool CWORB club out at Orange and we can guarantee you that the singletrack at Kinross is as good or better than what you'll ride in the CP... and it's been much drier in Orange.

Also AROC have discussed with us offering a full refund to CP competitors who forward to them their STM Round 1 entry. Also we're thinking of making Orange a bonus points round, where every entrant will receive 40 bonus, equivalent to 5th place.

To make this decision whether to go ahead we need your feedback so head over to our Facebook page where we have set up a poll or just give us your thoughts in the comments.

https://www.facebook.com/ChocolateFoot

Cheers,
Joe & Fi

dbm081

Likes Bikes
Big statement Mr Pants with claims Kinross is as good or better than Kowen/majura/stromlo!!

Hope I can make it up there to experience it. Unfortunately I couldn't make the ninja.

Mr Pants

skanky media ho
Round 1 is go!

Good news! We couldn't deny you all the opportunity to race the super shweet trails of Kinross so we are pleased to announced that Round 1 on April 29 is officially GO! So if you're entered in Capital Punishment you can either choose to do both events for which you will win a special prize: sore legs! Or if you have a purely Singletrack Mind check out our latest newsletter for details on what you can do about you CP entry. We're pumped for the 3rd edition of the series and entries open on Tuesday so get your teams sorted now!

Newsletter here

matt36415

Likes Dirt
Kinross has evolved into a truly awesome trail network. Smoothish fairly fast flowing pine forest singletrack that never seems to end. Few rocky areas with moderate elevation gains. Just a great network of trails. Lord knows the town sucks ass so the trails are a blessing...
Interesting for someone from Bathurst to say that about 'the town',

charltons

Likes Bikes
STM course

Hi folks,

The course set for the STM is a cracker even better than this years Ginger Ninja! We have managed to extract more uphills and substitute them with some awesome downhill runs. Make sure you secure your entry soon. Orange is an easy drive from Canberra or Sydney and well worth the trip. Check the Chocolate foot website to see some of the special incentives for heading out west.

B Rabbit

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Loved the Ginger Ninja, hoping to put a team together for this event, hope it isn't sold out yet! Pretty convenient for me as it is only 40mins away!

Was out there riding on the weekend, such a fun track, downhill run to the start/finish line is awesome!

Cheers,
Ben

matt36415

Likes Dirt
Those new rock gardens and B lines must have taken a while - each one has a few tonnes of soccer ball sized rocks! (I have been doing the B lines = wuss)

Who made them?

Fi

Chocolate Foot
Those new rock gardens and B lines must have taken a while - each one has a few tonnes of soccer ball sized rocks! (I have been doing the B lines = wuss)

Who made them?
CWORBC trail fairies have certainly been hard at work, they're super pumped about the upcoming race, as are we! Entries are rolling in, early bird pricing ends this Sunday, so get organised and get entered!

IMG_1318.jpeg

matt36415

Likes Dirt
Anymore pictures of those features or video of them being ridden?

that one in the pic is just after a corner on a very fast down hill with nice sweeping corners + little berms - once you see it (for the first time) there is just time ot slow down before hitting it - I have taken the B line which is certainly slower however it looks quite possible - Im just a crash wuss. There is another similar one that is on a slight up hill towards the end of the loop and it is made of slightly smaller rocks and is less daunting ( i have done that one a few times) - however there is a track session next sunday so it might all be a bit different by the race.

charltons

Likes Bikes
"Rockets rocks"

Anymore pictures of those features or video of them being ridden?
That would be "Rockets rocks" you refer to!

This is going to be a world class course! Here is some footage of our last Club race: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RYOklx2ZEo0[/url]

granto

Likes Bikes