2012 Trek slash 160mm goodness

outtacontrol

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I loved the look of the Scratch, but the Slash looks pretty good too.

I like the fact that it is supposed to be a bit lighter than the scratch. Anyone know what they weigh??

LEX

Likes Dirt
All look pretty spectacular. Dangerous mix, seeing all the new 2012 pics and getting your tax back.

indica

Serial flasher
So Trek have got some whizz-bang custom valve/ damper thingy in the suspension....
Noice.

Bretto172

Likes Dirt
decisions..

If the suspension is anywhere near as good as the remedys itll be awesome!

Wether to sell the DH and just run one of these.. thats the question..

Anyone been able to find any suggested $RRP?

guitar1234

Likes Dirt
If the suspension is anywhere near as good as the remedys itll be awesome!

Wether to sell the DH and just run one of these.. thats the question..

Anyone been able to find any suggested $RRP?
I'd say that the RRP for the Scratch would be pretty close to the slash so just go from there :p

botch

Likes Bikes
another link for the Slash.

Gotta say, it's a damn good looking bike!!! Colour scheme is very similar to my 2011 Specialized Pitch Pro (must be why I like it :cool:)

AshR

Likes Dirt
Yeah this is a fricken rad looking bike.

And just at the time when I'm planing on retireing my Fuel EX5 to get something more enduro/ AM spec.

Have to start saving moneys now :)

Ben-e

Captain Critter!
another link for the Slash.

Gotta say, it's a damn good looking bike!!! Colour scheme is very similar to my 2011 Specialized Pitch Pro (must be why I like it :cool:)

Funny you should mention that. I was thinking, Trek is tired of Specialized dominating the all-mountain bike market. I see this as a direct competitor to the Enduro.. 66° head angle and 160mm of travel etc.. But yer the Slash is one awesome looking rig!

Or..

I cant help but think that the feel of the suspension would be completely different between the two bikes.

Last edited:

Bretto172

Likes Dirt
aussie price

Anyone got any idea of australian prices for these?

I can't get the info anywhere, locals dealers are scratching there heads..

The website says 2099 for frame set but thats US price which is always more here..

Oldm8

Likes Bikes
I was keen to get a slash but ended up getting a scratch air 8 for a killer price. I like the fact I can put a coil on the scratch also.