Stevob

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Gettin' close!

Bike ready - Check
Gear ready - Check
Food ready - Check
Enthusiasm - Check

Let's go!

Soooo looking forward to this, and to catching up with a few buddies on some amazing trails.:party:

Nath8

Likes Dirt
Bike ready - Check
Gear ready - Check
Food ready - Check
Enthusiasm - Check
Badly bruised ribs :doh:- Check

And I'm still going!!!

See you all tomorrow:whoo:

Le Matelot

Canberra Off-Road Cyclists
Results during the Forrest 6 Hour

... will be going up on the DURT site so you can check up on progress throughout the race if you aren't there.

This will be subject to being able to get decent 3G coverage at the event site (which ain't 100% guaranteed).

Stevob

Likes Bikes and Dirt
What an awesome day!

Trails were perfect, packing down after overnight showers to give some amazing riding throughout the day. Thanks to the club and all the volunteers for another awesome event. I came 2nd in Solo 40+ again (for the fourth year in a row).

jathanas

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Trails were perfect, packing down after overnight showers to give some amazing riding throughout the day. Thanks to the club and all the volunteers for another awesome event. I came 2nd in Solo 40+ again (for the fourth year in a row).
Good on ya mate, well done! Keep at it and you'll get the win. :)

The trails were so much faster than last year, weren't they? My derailleur was bent from a stick picked up during a "pass a newbie" episode, so I rode the last few laps in SS mode, great fun!

We came 4th in pairs, but were miles off the 3rd team. Doesn't matter. Got a full day's break from work and family, and got to ride my bike in some of my favorite trails until my legs gave up.

Farkin' awesome.

toddcuth

Likes Bikes
Fun

Great trails, great vibe, fast racing, close racing= legs shagged today...
thanks to all involved for a great day on our bikes.

Stevob

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Good on ya mate, well done! Keep at it and you'll get the win. :)

The trails were so much faster than last year, weren't they? My derailleur was bent from a stick picked up during a "pass a newbie" episode, so I rode the last few laps in SS mode, great fun!

We came 4th in pairs, but were miles off the 3rd team. Doesn't matter. Got a full day's break from work and family, and got to ride my bike in some of my favorite trails until my legs gave up.

Farkin' awesome.
Thanks Jim. Fourth is still a top effort. You guys must have been flying because the competition was very strong yesterday. Here's hoping you get more time on the bike in the future bud.

jamespierce

Likes Dirt
Agreed on all fronts. Very strong field this year, and very fast super grippy trails. Really good atmosphere in race HQ as well. One of the best 6hrs for the year for sure.

jathanas

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Great trails, great vibe, fast racing, close racing= legs shagged today...
thanks to all involved for a great day on our bikes.
Good to see you out there mate. Cheers, Jim

P.S: shagged legs or what? First time I've felt cramps late into the night!

Anarchist

Likes Dirt
Awesome conditions and course. Punched out some consistent laps and happy considering a certain lack of training.

Pics greatly appreciated.

yuley95

soft-arse Yuley is on the lifts again
Have the pics been uploaded somewhere on the interwebs?
Check the Forrest Facebook page and you'll see a link.

Had an awesome day. Came a heady 67th in the pairs and had a brilliant day. Track was the perfect mix of fire trail and single track, was grippy and fast.

That's my second event at Forrest now after the festival last year and I'll keep coming back for amazing trails and well organised races.

jathanas

Likes Bikes and Dirt

Had an awesome day. Came a heady 67th in the pairs and had a brilliant day. Track was the perfect mix of fire trail and single track, was grippy and fast.

That's my second event at Forrest now after the festival last year and I'll keep coming back for amazing trails and well organised races.
Cheers! J

10 chars

TMLS1

Likes Dirt

"Forrest Mountain Bike & Cycling Club" on FB for those looking, I was on Forrest Festival etc but not on this one.

evo86

Cannon Fodder
Yet another awesome event! 3rd year I have competed and it never disappoints. Great trails, great atmosphere and good hard fun. Well done to the organizers again!

Last edited:

RoscoeP

Likes Bikes
Congrats on the effort Steve, and thank for the heads up on the late entries.

I piked on the solo, simply as I had not really put in any long rides since the Otway and wanted to just have a bit of fun without leaving my guts on the trails.

That said, I think I left a lung out there somewhere.... but it was worth it as our team won the +40 triples.

Solo next year.

And a big thanks to the organisers - as always, a great vibe and lots of fun. And kudos to Norm for the ability to talk non-stop for more than 6 hours.

Sherrif.

Stevob

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Congrats on the effort Steve, and thank for the heads up on the late entries.

I piked on the solo, simply as I had not really put in any long rides since the Otway and wanted to just have a bit of fun without leaving my guts on the trails.

That said, I think I left a lung out there somewhere.... but it was worth it as our team won the +40 triples.

Solo next year.

And a big thanks to the organisers - as always, a great vibe and lots of fun. And kudos to Norm for the ability to talk non-stop for more than 6 hours.

Sherrif.
Congrats on the win Sherrif!