2013 Giant bikes..

ctguru

Likes Bikes and Dirt
also a bit dumb, new anthem (that I just bought) has a 170mm front rotor!! WTF!

can't get them in Australia, need to run 2 sets of wheels, so just going to get a 20mm spacer and convert the front to 180mm

can't even find a 170mm HS1 rotor overseas and Monza don't have them

PerthMTB

Likes Dirt
new anthem (that I just bought) has a 170mm front rotor!! WTF!
Is that the X1? Just forget those Avids and get a set of the new SLX, and then you have a complete SLX equipped bike! At least that's what I'm planning to do when I get mine (next weekend hopefully - can't wait!)

miko

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I see they are back to the threaded BB on the Reigns. Allowing you to use a bash guard or chain guide again. My reign 0 is stuck with the press fit and no way of using a guide with 2 chain rings.
I've got a guide on mine.... :)

About time they put tabs on though, getting rid of them was just plain stupid and annoying.

ctguru

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Is that the X1? Just forget those Avids and get a set of the new SLX, and then you have a complete SLX equipped bike! At least that's what I'm planning to do when I get mine (next weekend hopefully - can't wait!)
nah XO with elixir 9's

Rider_of_Bikes

Likes Dirt
Dec ish,

also a bit dumb, new anthem (that I just bought) has a 170mm front rotor!! WTF!

can't get them in Australia, need to run 2 sets of wheels, so just going to get a 20mm spacer and convert the front to 180mm

can't even find a 170mm HS1 rotor overseas and Monza don't have them
Hey I had this chat with Monza last week. Apparently they will be receiving some in Dec. Things like this really really frustrate me with Giant. Same thing with the overdrive 2 (1 1/4" to 1 1/2" headset. Only Giant stems will fit the steer tube. Awesome...

ctguru

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Hey I had this chat with Monza last week. Apparently they will be receiving some in Dec. Things like this really really frustrate me with Giant. Same thing with the overdrive 2 (1 1/4" to 1 1/2" headset. Only Giant stems will fit the steer tube. Awesome...
just changed front to a 180mm rotor, have a new spare 170mm if anyone is keen

MTB Pilot

Likes Dirt
I'm always happy to see more choices for riders, whatever the wheel size, but a little amazed at seeing less 26" from Giant in 2013. From the passionate 26" riders I read on various websites, it's hard to believe we're seeing less 26" bike from Giant in the new line up. Perhaps the passion on the website isn't being carried over into new sales for 26" bikes anymore. It's always about consumer demand and profit for the companies, so they're only doing what they feel they have to do.

Disappointing there's no 650b's from Giant in 2013. I'm reading in various places, that the 2014 Giant range is going to feature a number of 650b models, but that's only what I reading on the net. Hopefully the info is from those in the industry and they're right.

I was going to buy a XTC 29'er Composite, but if the 650b was out from Giant, I'd look at that first before making a decision. I've been thinking of selling my 26" XTC before buying the new bike, but now I'm not sure whether to go for the Composite or hold off another year and see what comes out in the 650b models.

Come on Giant! Bring out some 650b models!!!

vtwiz

Likes Dirt
a carbon 650b reign/reign x is in the works...
Giant could break from tradition BUT Giant NEVER release a new model bike in Carbon first time around. EVER.

If they were to make a 650B Reign ( and I wish they would......as well as a Trance) it would firstly be an alloy version. A year later, they will bring out the carbon version. Considering that the 650B version would be extremely similar to the current 26" model then the could surprise us with carbon straight of the bat but I doubt it.

Last edited:

mikekx

Squid
I'm after a Giant Reign X (preferably SX) but its not available in Australia and hasn't been for 2012 or 2013. Its just Lame! So what do I get now? A Reign or a Glory? =S