VIC 2014 InterWinter Series. 4 races 4 Clubs, May 4 / June 15 / July 13 / Aug 3

pmathers

Likes Dirt
2014 InterWinter Series. 4 races 4 Clubs, May 4 / June 15 / July 13 / Aug 3

InterWinter: Club Racing with a fun vibe

Yes, great value, grassroots club racing is back again in the 2014 InterWinter Series

Sunday, May 4, 2014 @ Ballarat (3hr enduro)
Sunday, June 15, 2014 @ Castlemaine (XCO and Super D Time Trial)
Sunday, July 13, 2014 @ You-Yangs (Stage race)
Sunday, August 4, 2014 @ Redesdale (Marathon)

interwinter logo Small.jpg

The theory behind it all is to ride different trails, different formats, with different clubs - all with a fun, low-down, laid-back, feet up on your favourite ride, just enjoying the singletrack.....

A, B & C Grade & Women’s categories. Online entry, series points and great cash prizes for the series. Each club contributes $5 from each race entry to the series prize pool – last year we had over $3000 to dole out! Come out, show your club colours and do battle for the ‘Club Cup’ competition too.

Please note – The Women’s category will race the C grade course, but women can enter A or B grade if they prefer!

Enter just one race or enter all four - everyone welcome. The tracks are suitable for all standard of mountain bike riders - it’s a fun and inclusive mountain bike series. A true sign that MTB Clubs in Victoria rock and know how to deliver an awesome product: the smile on your face.

splinter1959

Likes Dirt
Series Entry

I hope there is a series entry.
I like to commit to a series entry so I have to turn up to every race.
This looks like a great series of races, it will be fun.

pmathers

Likes Dirt
Interwinter - Round1 - Star Wars Theme

I am not sure if many riders will care but I thought I would share some of my ideas about BSCC's event this year.

When the idea was first floated that we should make the event a Star Wars theme because it fell on May the 4th, I was less than impressed. How could that work, I thought? And then I started to think about it, in previous years we have had a RELBELLION theme (because of Ballarat's history with the Eureka Rebellion, and remember the Eureka flag is even in our kit). Then I remembered, there was a REBELLION in Star Wars, rebels taking up arms against the evil Galactic Empire, Luke, Leia and Hans they were all rebels. Maybe this could work...

So to be true to the Star Wars theme, all the organised costumes worn by BSCC volunteers will be based on Episodes 4, 5 & 6 only. So that means no Anakin (because he has turned into Darth Vader) and no Jar Jar Binks. The main reason is that the Rebellion didn't exist until that point in the timeline. For everyone that can't figure the whole pre-quel thing out, Episode 4, 5 & 6 are the original movies from the 70's and 80's. And before you argue yes its really was back in the 70's, 1977 to be exact, 1980 for Empire Strikes Back and 1983 for return of the Jedi. Which probably works out better because I think the major of riders will probably know the first 3 movies better than the last 3...

The other thing that is IMPORTANT is that in previous years we have used a trooper from Sovereign Hill to start the race, now I can't guarantee this years start will be as loud but I hope it is just as memorable. story to be continued on May the 4th...

quiggs

Likes Dirt
Never watched Star Wars, however, dissapointed I will miss Rd 1
Fletch, I have a 4yr old that will be more than happy to sit down and explain it to you if need be. Then once you are all over that he can sit with you and explain all 32 episodes of the Thunderbirds

quiggs

softek

Likes Dirt
where will this race take place? im hoping its in the Canadian Forest, at Ballarat, that track is AWESOME, I reckon its heaps better then the Novotel track of recent

Russity

Likes Bikes
Never watched Star Wars, however, dissapointed I will miss Rd 1
You didn't miss much...It was basically George Lucas' attempt to make the worst sci-fi movie ever. He did a great job until he decided to make a bunch of prequels, which really raised the bar in god awful movieness....

....begin you Star Wars loving Sheldon-ites.

fletchog

Likes Dirt
Fletch, I have a 4yr old that will be more than happy to sit down and explain it to you if need be. Then once you are all over that he can sit with you and explain all 32 episodes of the Thunderbirds

quiggs
Now the Thunderbirds are a different story, Love em, I grew up with them as did my kids(now18 & 22) have the videos, the models and even a Tracy Island.
Look forward to chatting with him one day Quiggs

splinter1959

Likes Dirt
Not a geek

I was told by my students at school that you can't be a real nerd or any sort of geek if you do a sport, and if you race......