VIC 2014 InterWinter Series. 4 races 4 Clubs, May 4 / June 15 / July 13 / Aug 3

akashra

Eats Squid
Started out cold but ended out being an awesome day for racing. Feedback from on of the locals at the end was "the course was in the best condition I've ever seen it in". Huge shame with the low turnout - 85 pre-entries, of those ~30 didn't show up, and 20 on the day entries.

Results have been up since about 2:40 at http://www.clubfgp.com.au/interwinter/2014/2014-mlm-results.pdf - 'sif wait til getting home to post results :p

Hope everyone liked the prizes.

Oh yeah, and mad props to Luke Aggett who won the Fly6 camera for winning the KoM competetion and then after DNFing told us to give it to one of the juniors. Needed a completely random way to decide which junior, so all-in Rock-Paper-Scissors competition to decide ;)

Rob_74

Likes Dirt
Thanks to Tim and the organizers it was a great day.

and great job on the photos paul - a few too many of moorey's ugly mullet though

quiggs

Likes Dirt
Was a good day weather wise. Learnt an interesting lesson today and was able to confirm another, lesson I can't ride while balancing on one pedal and remove a jammed stick from between your rear derailluer and cassette. Confirmed that I am just as unfit as I thought I was.

Great day, great atmosphere well run event. Unfortunately every time I ride Redesdale it brings back awful memories of the 24hr out there a few years ago.

quiggs

Last edited:

gpmtb

Likes Bikes
Interwinter race 4 Redesdale

See link below if interested in a race report from Redesdale. Great trails to top off ANOTHER SUPERB Interwinter Series. Thanks to all the clubs involved (FGP, GMBC, CRR & BSCC) for offering up some of the best races going around.

https://ridethedirttrail.wordpress.com

bravedave

Cannon Fodder
See link below if interested in a race report from Redesdale. Great trails to top off ANOTHER SUPERB Interwinter Series. Thanks to all the clubs involved (FGP, GMBC, CRR & BSCC) for offering up some of the best races going around.

Great report Grant and well done on the series. It was my first Interwinter series and I really enjoyed the graded racing. I too have written a report and took a couple of pics.. See you next time.

akashra

Eats Squid

I notice in your report you say about B doing 3 laps... B grade have never done 3 laps at this event. We've run it three years, and each year it's been 58km for A, 41km for B, 24km for C and women. In the first year we did have a few B grade riders decided 41km wasn't enough so they entered A grade... not realising how tough Redesdale is on the body. We were going to extend it in 2013 to 78km, 62km and 44km, but it was deemed too long for the series. We also decided against reversing the course direction, as it would make Rocky Horror a climb, and the firetrail out back a descent.

For 2015...
We're planning to do something completely different in 2015. The plan is the Marathon will run but as part of a erm... different series, but it will be a completely different course, with new singletrack. Expect distances to be about 110km and 55km, being a 2 and 1 lap format.
The InterWinter race we're going to try something different, to allow the Marathon to grow in a different way. It'll use a smaller subset of the singletrack used in the marathon, and probably use some of the new trail over two courses - one of the courses being trail you've never ridden before ;)

We'll have to discuss with the other clubs in the series about dates, as we plan on the marathon being the second week of August, and this year we won't have the luxury of shifting it for other events that decide to clash.

akashra

Eats Squid
I don't, sorry, though I think Tania is waiting on me to provide results in a more usable/easier to use format to get these done, so delay's probably on me.

moorey

call me Mia
Another win for mediocrity got a cheque from gmbc today for a random prize for participating. :woot:
The age of entitlement. Paul tells me the other day that I win a bit of money for taking out B grade...he might be yanking my chain, I haven't seen anything yet :noidea: