2014 Mountain bike world cup season

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
I think the general consensus is it was a dumb thing to do, but there were people saying he got what he deserved. I don't think I would wish spinal damage on anyone. Also he was accused of stealing the bike so its good that's being cleared up. Being an idiot and being a theif are 2 different things.

Heal up and use your brain next time.
My thoughts as well. Pretty severe price to pay for a moment of numbskullery.

mongoosemichael

Likes Dirt
That too had me wondering, while no guarantee June/July would have been good for all.....guess that's right in the middle of the northern hemispheres summer so....

Anyway lets hope it's sorted for 2017 WC and not still be a state DH race...
They ran the race at the wrong time of the year needs to be hot and dry. So the Atherton's don't have an advantage.

flamshmizer

Likes Dirt
Lol!

You've obviously never ridden a DH bike from 1996!

I clearly remember how shit they were at pedalling.

I would guess the long finish straight is a result of two things, the dense rainforest at the bottom if the hill and the UCI requiring that the DHi and XCo have the same finish line.
Yeah, you'd need to clear a lot of forest to bring the finish to the bottom of the hill.

andy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Illinbah at the back of the GC would have been a better option.
Okay that statements shows that pictures and videos obviously don't show anything. I have ridden both tracks in the wet and dry. Smithfield is still steeper and better IMO.

walkietalkie

Likes Dirt
Lol!

You've obviously never ridden a DH bike from 1996!

I clearly remember how shit they were at pedalling.

I would guess the long finish straight is a result of two things, the dense rainforest at the bottom if the hill and the UCI requiring that the DHi and XCo have the same finish line.
Oh, I do.....thats why I said it ;) I know they were pretty bad, but thats where gravity came in ;)