2014 Mountain bike world cup season

Satellite1

Likes Bikes
Did he grab the bike and run or look like he thought he was doing a righty?
He was walking the bike down to the access road, until the crowd amped up and he got on. The track was closed to get the quad bike with the injured rider through. I don't think there was any concern about him trying to steal it.

moorey

call me Mia
I've just been pm'd by a commissaire from the race, asking me to ask you all to calm down over this incident, as there is apparently more to the story than it seems and it is currently being investigated.
Im just passing on a request, I know nothing more. Don't shoot the messenger. :behindsofa:

Minlak

custom titis
I've just been pm'd by a commissaire from the race, asking me to ask you all to calm down over this incident, as there is apparently more to the story than it seems and it is currently being investigated.
Im just passing on a request, I know nothing more. Don't shoot the messenger. :behindsofa:
I think history shows clearly the messenger always gets blamed. Not to mention movies where the messenger is always getting shot for the displeasing news.

moorey

call me Mia
I think history shows clearly the messenger always gets blamed. Not to mention movies where the messenger is always getting shot for the displeasing news.
Shoot away cunny. Your wife says you're always going off half cocked anyway.

Satellite1

Likes Bikes

That's fair enough, I just wanted to emphasize that he was on the bike for such a short time that there was no chance that I could see for anyone to intervene.

driftking

Wheel size expert
That crash was crazy while I think it was stupid to ride down I seriously hope his ok his head and pretty much entire body got a belting.
Guys even if the track was closed for another rider and even if he was walking it down reality is he should not have been on the track period during racing hours. luckily for peaty though his second run was better.

Is it just me or did he looked like someone who doesn't ride. The first whoop he just dropped the front wheel and didnt look like he had much if any bike skills.

Last edited:

Odissius

Likes Dirt
Quite possibly the worst WC I've ever seen. That track is a joke. If it was all like that section just before the main rock garden it'd be good, but then I guess it would be way too short. So, much like last years world champs, 2017 won't be much to get excited about. There really needs to be more emphasis on tracks displaying what's possible on a DH bike. Can't imagine anyone went home thinking it was fun to ride or looks forward to travelling back there. After the embarrassment of Stromlo on the WC stage I had high hopes for Cairns. Bring on the Euro rounds!

heavyp

You heard it here first
Specialized have a new bike and just saw on Vital Blinki let something slip about something new at Fort Bill also, fun times ahead.

Its a real shame that we didn't get to see new tech in the first 2 rounds as the tracks are not downhill enough for a sport called downhill :closed_2:

Last edited:

Gripo

Eats Squid
Also having some worldcup sections is not good enough the rest needs to be on par.
Im sorry while the track had some awesome worldcup sections it also had lots of unworthy sections...... I said it and I'm still standing by it.

good track though.
Was an interview with Tracey Hannah after Fridays practice where she's asked about riding the track in wet conditions previously....to which she responds that as soon as it rains they close it.....and a dry track was required to link the WC sections.

I can understand preserving it for the WC date but it was obvious there wasn't much thought how it would ride in wet weather with a thousand runs....now they know, not very well.....

Illinbah at the back of the GC would have been a better option.

Ivan

Eats Squid
Specialized have a new bike and just saw on Vital Blinki let something slip about something new at Fort Bill also, fun times ahead.

Its a real shame that we didn't get to see new tech in the first 2 rounds as the tracks are not downhill enough for a sport called downhill :closed_2:
The bikes aren't ready. That's why they weren't there. The top three were all on no compromise DH bikes.

It's an amazing coincidence that everyone in this thread who doesn't rate the track, has never ridden it.

heavyp

You heard it here first
Was an interview with Tracey Hannah after Fridays practice where she's asked about riding the track in wet conditions previously....to which she responds that as soon as it rains they close it.....and a dry track was required to link the WC sections.

I can understand preserving it for the WC date but it was obvious there wasn't much thought how it would ride in wet weather with a thousand runs....now they know, not very well.....

Illinbah at the back of the GC would have been a better option.
They should of thought about holding a DH race thats tropical and instead held off till winter as it would of been perfect temps and no rain.

Gripo

Eats Squid
They should of thought about holding a DH race thats tropical and instead held off till winter as it would of been perfect temps and no rain.
That too had me wondering, while no guarantee June/July would have been good for all.....guess that's right in the middle of the northern hemispheres summer so....

Anyway lets hope it's sorted for 2017 WC and not still be a state DH race...

Mywifesirrational

I however am very normal. Trust me.
Any word on why Minnaar was DSQ?

I presume it was for running through the tape, although it appeared to offer absolutely no benefit to him as the new rule states.

If so why wasn't R atherton DSQ a while back after casing a jump and running through the tape and not losing much momentum compared to Minnaar?

Seems consistency is not a requirement of the UCI.

dunndog

Eats Squid
Any word on old mate that binned it in the whoops?
All I heard was that he broke his neck.. don't know how severe it is, or what else he's done, or hoq he's travelling. bloody nasty crash though, being pissed might have helped him in one regard i guess..

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
Yeah, his head was flapping about pretty badly just before he came to a halt. Hope he's not permanently banged up.

Can see a bunch of new restrictions and stuff in regards to the management of the course and crowd after this, especially if he's seriously hurt.