2014 Mountain bike world cup season

Skydome

What's invisible and smells like hay?
Alright. So why do they have Sunday listed as well?

Is this for XC or something?

wait, may have misread it, think that Sunday was for a different time zone.

driftking

Wheel size expert
Looking at Redbull.tv for the first round they have two days.

They have Saturday and Sunday.

What does this mean?

I was speculating with myself that they've decided to show qualifying or the juniors race? That's the only thing I can think of really.
xc and dh?

indica

Serial flasher
There is a chance of up to 300mm rain on the Cairns track in the next few days... that won't dry up in a real hurry.

scblack

Leucocholic
That's awesome the DH is on Saturdays now!

Now I guess I can fall asleep on Saturday night in the middle of the DH runs and not feel shit on Monday morning for work...........

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
There is a chance of up to 300mm rain on the Cairns track in the next few days... that won't dry up in a real hurry.

...................I reckon the pending cyclone will have something to do with that. It's a bit of a worry actually, cyclones don't tend to go by without harming anything. Here's hoping it weakens before it hits the shore and keeps the area safe. I'd hate to see the event called off and more so, to see people's homes damaged.

Stinky

Likes Dirt
...................I reckon the pending cyclone will have something to do with that. It's a bit of a worry actually, cyclones don't tend to go by without harming anything. Here's hoping it weakens before it hits the shore and keeps the area safe. I'd hate to see the event called off and more so, to see people's homes damaged.
I don't see this one slowing down in a hurry. Fortunately it looks like it will cross land in a pretty isolated area before heading south, still with a fair kick in the tail. For the event, we are a lucky it is coming now and not next week. At least on the current modelling venue and track prep can continue by Monday or Tuesday of next week ready for the arrival of teams after Easter. Some of the marquees that have already gone up are coming back down today / tomorrow.

Lets hope for those up there that the damage is minimal.

dunndog

Eats Squid
They really should rename it Cyclone Hannah, either way one of the 2 is gunna destroy that track!
Seriously though to all in the area, stay safe and here's hoping this passes with a minimal impact..

driftking

Wheel size expert
I found out what track pietermartizburg reminds me of

Willingen
[video=youtube;L6QdXGV8r3s]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L6QdXGV8r3s[/video]

jumps, not much downhill.
SA is the same its pedaling, jumps and a little bit of downhill. Its the modern updated version but its still that track that shouldn't be there and is not really worthy of wc races.

Last edited:

Ridenparadise

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Yep, good luck and be safe up there. 170k winds in Cairns is not going to be kind to any trail. Hope it turns out better than predicted:encouragement: for everyone and everywhere as well as every trail.

Ridenparadise

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I found out what track pietermartizburg reminds me of

Willingen
[video=youtube;L6QdXGV8r3s]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L6QdXGV8r3s[/video]

jumps, not much downhill.
SA is the same its pedaling, jumps and a little bit of downhill. Its the modern updated version but its still that track that shouldn't be there and is not really worthy of wc races.
They're both pretty shit for sure

cjaty

Likes Dirt
Minnar,Bryceland,26" baby Its time UCI made there mind up about wheel size.I remember back in the day Tomac became dual slalom champ on a 24'' cruiser[ it was a while ago]rules where put in place then about wheel size.

driftking

Wheel size expert
Minnar,Bryceland,26" baby Its time UCI made there mind up about wheel size.I remember back in the day Tomac became dual slalom champ on a 24'' cruiser[ it was a while ago]rules where put in place then about wheel size.
Why choose a wheels size?
We might as well put restrictions on bar width too than. wheel size is just another option for riders. if it is faster it will naturally over take, if it is not well we will have both options available. There is the argument though for those riders who are not high enough to warrant a team creating a custom frame, if they only have 26 available it is unfair if the larger size is the 'choice' for that track and rider.

Manufacturers are going 650b anyway so no doubt we will soon have bike that are either 650b or both 26 and 650b compatible.

ajay

^Once punched Jeff Kennett. Don't pick an e-fight
Mick in the hot seat with what looks like a very fast time. 5 seconds clear of everyone!