2014 Mountain bike world cup season

foxpuppet

Eats Squid
Dammit I'm watching hill go green at split one and the feed glitched out.... What happened? I see he's in third.

Sent by courier pigeon

ajay

^Once punched Jeff Kennett. Don't pick an e-fight
Gwinning! He's back!

Gutted for Mick.... how many 2nd places has he gotten here!?!?

driftking

Wheel size expert
So gutted for mick was so disappointed we didn't see his run it cut straight to the last camera at least for me it did, really wanted to see his run.
Second place good points for the season and the little pinner troy in 5th. troy is looking dangerous this year..

Locknatious

Likes Bikes
Mick in the hot seat with what looks like a very fast time. 5 seconds clear of everyone!
He had a ripper of a run, just unlucky to be beaten by the last rider of the day. That said it's about time Gwin pulled his finger out and performed.. just wish it wasn't good enough to beat Mick though..

Ev

Likes Bikes and Dirt
God I hope this season doesn't turn out to be dominated by Gwin again... Good on him for a convincing win at PMB, but last year was much more interesting racing than Gwin winning everything the 2 seasons prior...

heavyp

You heard it here first
Hill top 10 on flats and on a track that is definitely not suited to him, looking very strong over the rough stuff just wish the downhill world cup series had proper downhill tracks for every round like Schladming and Champery.

Maybe Hannah needs a Cannondale to win, great result for Gwin.

Shame about ratboy dropping a chain he was looking good this weekend, maybe Santa Cruz should go back to using Sram

p4pb10818986.jpgp4pb10819013.jpg

Last edited:

natskis

Likes Bikes
This is such a pity for Mick.

He had an amazing run but said that he was slow on the top section.

Gwin took 3 seconds off his top section but ended up winning by only 2 seconds with the shorter travel bike.

Jesus, that means that mick is a BEAST. He must have tree trunk legs to have come out the fastest on that bottom section.

Hopefully Carins will be the one!

Last edited:

morticus

Likes Dirt
Gwin took 3 seconds off his top section but ended up winning by only 2 seconds with the shorter travel bike.
Only 2 seconds?? Gwin smashed the field. Wasnt mik running a shorter travel bike too? Guess no one thought he may have put in more effort than others in the off season. Troy pulled a massive effort for the size of him. No one should be able to beat the pedaling strength of mik, I think this year is going to be very interesting... see you all in Cairns!

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk

driftking

Wheel size expert
Only 2 seconds?? Gwin smashed the field. Wasnt mik running a shorter travel bike too? Guess no one thought he may have put in more effort than others in the off season. Troy pulled a massive effort for the size of him. No one should be able to beat the pedaling strength of mik, I think this year is going to be very interesting... see you all in Cairns!

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk
I think "only" is in referance to the loss of time from gwins top section and the fact he was running a better pedalling bike in that even with all that working for him he could only win by 2seconds and still not out pedal or out ride micks middle and bottom section, even with mick on a dh bike.

You would expect a bigger gap than what was seen.

Because we never seem to talk about them the women's race was good too. Ragot with a flat but was on a flying lap, rachel only 3-4seconds down in 2nd in her condition this week and with minimal runs is amazing, she will again be a worry for all the girls when she is healthy. Manon is definately on it taking out quali and race run convincingly. With a healthy rachel and hopefully no issue plagued races the girls season looks like it may be a close fight.

natskis

Likes Bikes
I think "only" is in referance to the loss of time from gwins top section and the fact he was running a better pedalling bike in that even with all that working for him he could only win by 2seconds and still not out pedal or out ride micks middle and bottom section, even with mick on a dh bike.

You would expect a bigger gap than what was seen.
Exactly what I was trying to say.

foxpuppet

Eats Squid
I try to imagine both minaar and Hannah riding smaller better pedalling bikes, but I don't think it would be better for them. The added bulk of those guys I think would outweigh any advantage it might seem to bring to the table.

Sent by courier pigeon

natskis

Likes Bikes
It's a pity they don't allow a best of 3 runs for your best time. Puncture, chain coming off, one split second lapse in judgement and you're penalised enormously.

Sent from my HTC_PN071 using Tapatalk

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
It's a pity they don't allow a best of 3 runs for your best time. Puncture, chain coming off, one split second lapse in judgement and you're penalised enormously.
No way, having one race run is easily the most definitive way to get a direct result. I hate the best of shit.

The race was great! I had a perfect stream the whole time and reckon the footage is fantastic. I reckon Brycleland was onto something flash until he suffered a mechanical; has anyone ever seen a rider over jump the second one like he did? That was large!

morticus

Likes Dirt
No way, having one race run is easily the most definitive way to get a direct result. I hate the best of shit.

The race was great! I had a perfect stream the whole time and reckon the footage is fantastic. I reckon Brycleland was onto something flash until he suffered a mechanical; has anyone ever seen a rider over jump the second one like he did? That was large!
I watched Troys 2nd place qualifying head cam this morning, he case the first and didn't jump the second. shows how conservative even their qualifying runs can be.

driftking

Wheel size expert

Sent from my HTC_PN071 using Tapatalk
That's what makes downhill so hard. every little rock or root, every millisecond you make a mistake you loose. Its what makes downhill great and so hard to win.
Best of stuff is crap

Wisey

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Shame about ratboy dropping a chain he was looking good this weekend, maybe Santa Cruz should go back to using Sram
Yeah, stupid comment. Like Sram would really make a difference.

And yes, Im a Shimano man....

heavyp

You heard it here first
Yeah, stupid comment. Like Sram would really make a difference.

And yes, Im a Shimano man....
It was just a sly joking dig at the fact Gwins brakes messed up at the worlds thats time and he changed over to sram even thou he's still on fox and that the Syndicate team used to be on sram and maybe it would of not happened with there super duper x01 dh gearing.

indica

Serial flasher
Great race. Spewin' for Mick as always.
Good to see a variety of bikes coming in to it.
Cairns will be wicked. I know driftking doesn't like the course, but seeing as he will be putting his hand up to run (and fund) a Thredbo round next year all will be saved.