2015 Giant Reign owners

Boom King

downloaded a pic of moorey's bruised arse
I might add that you're not going to get the best results out of increasing the air volume chamber without changing the valving on the shock to suit.
Why do Vorsprung suggest nothing other than swapping cans then? Apart, perhaps, from removing or reducing the volume spacer.

Flow-Rider

Burner
Why do Vorsprung suggest nothing other than swapping cans then? Apart, perhaps, from removing or reducing the volume spacer.
Because they want to sell air cans, it gets a bit expensive if you tell people it needs a tune to suit. You might get away without on some setups but if you want optimal performance you should tune to suit. You are changing the characteristics of the shock by a fair bit when you add a larger air chamber.

Boom King

downloaded a pic of moorey's bruised arse
Because they want to sell air cans, it gets a bit expensive if you tell people it needs a tune to suit. You might get away without on some setups but if you want optimal performance you should tune to suit. You are changing the characteristics of the shock by a fair bit when you add a larger air chamber.
So jaded! Steve is just another Capitalist Pig.... Bastard!

And I thought the increased performance of my recently Corseted CTD was real, not perceived. At least I can take comfort in the fact that perception is reality.

dropotaro

Likes Dirt
After a fair amount of searching, and getting dicked around by another seller, I finally got a reign. Upgrades so far have been to sram 1x11 groupset, the addition of the expedo spry flats and some odi ruffian grips. I have a renthal 31mm apex stem on the way, then I can shorten up the mess of cables.

Haven't had a chance to take it out yet (uni assignments due) but I'm stinging for the chance. Up and down the street just isn't quite the same.

giantreign.jpg

will2

Likes Dirt
So I just bought a 2016 Reign Advanced 0 in a medium will be picking it up this weekend hopefully.

Few quick questions, I will be swapping out the Sram kit so need a bit of info on BB's.
I have seen some people do the Threaded BB install but I am really unsure how it works so some info on that would be sweet while I am ther swappinig it all out I think I will convert it. Failing that, will I need a new BB to install M8000 Cranks?

Z

Zaf

After a fair amount of searching, and getting dicked around by another seller, I finally got a reign. Upgrades so far have been to sram 1x11 groupset, the addition of the expedo spry flats and some odi ruffian grips. I have a renthal 31mm apex stem on the way, then I can shorten up the mess of cables.

Haven't had a chance to take it out yet (uni assignments due) but I'm stinging for the chance. Up and down the street just isn't quite the same.

View attachment 326071
Congrats on the new bike! Go get her dirty!
Also, the brake levers don't need to be pointed at the calipers to work.

So I just bought a 2016 Reign Advanced 0 in a medium will be picking it up this weekend hopefully.

Few quick questions, I will be swapping out the Sram kit so need a bit of info on BB's.
I have seen some people do the Threaded BB install but I am really unsure how it works so some info on that would be sweet while I am ther swappinig it all out I think I will convert it. Failing that, will I need a new BB to install M8000 Cranks?
SRAM GXP has a 24/22mm tapered ID spindle and Shimano Hollowtech II runs a 24mm ID spindle. The Reign uses a BB92 interface, so you'll just have to drift out the old cups and press in new ones that will interface with a Hollowtech II crank, be it a Praxis kit or any of the standard or aftermarket kits on offer.

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
Just fyi, shimano pressfit hasn't creaked on my reign for the two years I've ridden it. Original bearings too.

will2

Likes Dirt

SRAM GXP has a 24/22mm tapered ID spindle and Shimano Hollowtech II runs a 24mm ID spindle. The Reign uses a BB92 interface, so you'll just have to drift out the old cups and press in new ones that will interface with a Hollowtech II crank, be it a Praxis kit or any of the standard or aftermarket kits on offer.
Ah, the knowledge of the desert man himself. You are much more helpful than Moorey, I like you. Nah, seriously thank you. I bought a mix of XTR and XT for the bike the other day without the BB hoping for the best but; alas it is not in my favour. *Sram dislike deepens*. So either I wait for the next shipment or god forbid buy at retail price from the LBS. Cheers Zaf :rockon:.

Just fyi, shimano pressfit hasn't creaked on my reign for the two years I've ridden it. Original bearings too.
It think it was the sacrifice of that lamb, only the god's send these miracles.

As another FYI, mine creaks like a mofo.

Also, I didn't think you could get a threaded conversion for bb92.
Bummer, wish I could help, But I have been riding a hardtail bike from 2005 for a year. I can tell you which thread the left and right side of the cup is but I have nothing for the reduction of the creak. Press fit can die.

Yeah, I have no idea about it, thought I may have seen it on a build thread somewhere. Probably not.

herbman

Likes Dirt
The low rent stock Shimano PF BB that came on my reign is still spinning away creak free after 2 tas sue winters and 18 months of riding. And I have to say that I am impressed as I am not a Press fit fan.

The plastic/nylon cups that Shimano uses seem to creak a lot less than the bbs with metal cups.

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
Thats because they grease up the plastic with lambs blood.

How come mountain bike bb's creak like crazy, but bmx pressfit which has been around forever is fine?

Last edited:

dropotaro

Likes Dirt

Cheers man.
The leavers are at about 4oclock, I see where your coming from tho. The do look excessively low in that pic

Last edited: