Frame - Large '15 Reign
Rear shock - RS Monarch + Debonair with some spacers
Front shock/fork - RS Pike Dual Air
Handlebars - Raceface Atlas 35 Ø/20 rise/750 wide
Stem - Kore Repute 35 Ø / 50
Headset - Giant
Grips - ODI Elite Pro
Saddle - SDG TiFly
Seatpost - RS Reverb Stealth 420mm (swapped out from the stock 380mm)
Brakes - SRAM Guide RS 200mm/180mm
Drivetrain - SRAM X11 / XT Cassette / XTR Chain / 34t Blackspire Ring
Chainguide - MRP
Pedals - Shimano DX
Wheelset - Stand Flow EX on Stand 3.30 HD hubs
Tyres - Maxxis - Minion DHF Exo on the front, Aggressor DD on the rear

p4pb13075660.jpg

Last edited:

teK--

Eats Squid
Nice whip! Have seen a couple of these around now they are pretty f*cking bright in person I guess just gotta install as much black bling as possible ;).

I have a demo ride on one lined up later this month interested to see how they climb.

haydenw

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I clearly don't hang out with the cool kids.
Not going for a whip there... saw the camera man just as i was hitting the road gap and a turn bar was all my lactic acid ridden body could manage (that was right at the bottom of one of the stages from states on the weekend)

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
Loving the high vis socks mate. These reigns are on the money, and this one will even blend in at the strippers on payday!

haydenw

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Loving the high vis socks mate. These reigns are on the money, and this one will even blend in at the strippers on payday!
That's it

Only really taken it on one proper offroad ride so far (state champs a few weeks ago). In Perth for work at the mo and have it with me... may or may not be doing road rides on it. Not as painful as I first thought thanks to this areas lack of hills... 32k's on Sunday to the beach and back was a breeze.

teK--

Eats Squid
Hey Hayden I took one of these for a ride at the You Yangs demo day.

Bit of a handful on steep climbs but if I had it for longer I might be able to get used to it. For me I would not be able to have it as an only bike though it would have to be supplemented by perhaps an Anthem or similar.

On the downhills it is a demon. Point and shoot nothing seems to bounce it off line. I found I was sitting "in" the bike more than the Trance it was very stable.

The brakes feel great the levers move very smoothly better than Saints. I think the Guides have bearings in the lever pivot? Though the 200/180 was a bit too much for me I'd probably go 180/160. The Centerline Rotors are super super smooth and quiet I have just ordered some of these!

Didn't really like the Monarch Plus I found it too linear so it bottomed too easily, but it had nice HSR and pop off jumps. Had to keep putting in more air and got up to 200psi which arrived at 30% sag yet it still bottomed out too easily for my liking. I usually run 160psi but this gave me 50% sag! Again if I had more time to ride the bike I might be able to improve the feel but I prefer the DB inline for now.

I think it would be a big step up from your Trance 2 for your type of riding.