2015 Team Rumours/Changes

heavyp

You heard it here first
Well its that annoying time of the year again where the next 4 months will be full of rumours about who's going and staying.

My 2 cents I don't want to see Peaty retire but maybe the Syndicate team could take on another rider can't see it being to highly paid as there wages are probably big enough already but maybe a girl/woman ?

I'd like to see Fearon get a bigger ride or maybe Kona just take on a higher profile rider oh and get some bigger wheels haha.

I think the Giant team is quite good and there close but I feel maybe Danny could do better on a different bike just not Scott Ill prob get shot down for this but i feel that the Gambler could not win a world cup race.

Trek seems like a great Team and is known for development but I've always been suss on them for some reason.

s1200_1.jpg

http://www.vitalmtb.com/forums/The-Hub,2/2015-Racing-Rumours-MTB-Musical-Chairs,8147

flamshmizer

Likes Dirt
Beer = Nick Beer?
Broken Chain = Neko Mullaly?
Love heart with british flag = Danny Hart?
Needles = Andrew Neethling?

Last edited:

driftking

Wheel size expert
The only line that is even possibly traceable and its still a calculated guess is scott and it looks like it goes to the little man.....fearon?
I even tried to enhance it and filter it with photoshop, no dice on figuring it out.
Little man = fearon?

Last edited:

ajay

^Once punched Jeff Kennett. Don't pick an e-fight
I think the Giant team is quite good and there close but I feel maybe Danny could do better on a different bike just not Scott Ill prob get shot down for this but i feel that the Gambler could not win a World Cup race
Yeah considering you based that on nothing, and that Neko nearly won the world champs with out a chain, id say thats a pretty ridiculous statememt.

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
Not enough people say it: Danny Hart is overrated. Credit where it's due, he won the world champs and that ain't nothing to sneeze at but hearing people blab on about how capable Danny hart is shits me. Aside from the obvious, he's just as plain as any other world cup racer I reckon. Giant need to revamp to increase their exposure and that means dropping some cash on a proven winner. Specialized tried that and it hasn't really kicked the goals they expected as our boy Troy has been their go-to guy.

zids

Likes Dirt
You can usually assume that the people who are shuffling are the ones who haven't gotten the results they were after, but then you need to factor in the time they've spent in that team. Needles is a likely move and so is Danny.

Then theres George Brannigan/Brook/Neko making moves from the TWR team. I personally think it will be George because he's a quality rider and seems to be treated as #3 at TWR so might want to pull something like Matt Simmonds did and get more attention on a lower profile team. Then again, there's a broken chain in the image and Neko has proved he can be the top rider in a team too... so many possibilities!

As for the little man with machine guns and the kangaroo, Australia's most notable improvers are Fearon and Moir so lets see what kind of deals they manage to find themselves

morticus

Likes Dirt
That picture says everything and nothing all at once. I bet the person who drew it is sitting back trolling all the speculation. Danny Hart is good, especially in certain sections of the tracks, but he is not consistent like Gee or Troy or Gwin used to be. This makes me think he is more likely riding those sections beyond his abilities and is just lucky. The run he put down in the mud at world champs will always go down in history, but it wasn't consistency that got him the win. My 2 worthless cents...

heavyp

You heard it here first
Not enough people say it: Danny Hart is overrated. Credit where it's due, he won the world champs and that ain't nothing to sneeze at but hearing people blab on about how capable Danny hart is shits me.
He rips he's good and I do believe he is close to a world cup win I do think thou it won't happen at Giant for some reason even thou he helped develop the bike over the years, I would love to see how Danny or even Brendan would go a on pure race bred bike like the v10.

They do say a change is as good as a holiday.

driftking

Wheel size expert
Not enough people say it: Danny Hart is overrated. Credit where it's due, he won the world champs and that ain't nothing to sneeze at but hearing people blab on about how capable Danny hart is shits me. Aside from the obvious, he's just as plain as any other world cup racer I reckon. Giant need to revamp to increase their exposure and that means dropping some cash on a proven winner. Specialized tried that and it hasn't really kicked the goals they expected as our boy Troy has been their go-to guy.
But he won worlds by 11 seconds that shows his capability. I think going on about his capability is fine but as others have said its his consistency. I do agree with you though partially dozer, I think his capable like everyone else but his the unknown, I don't really rate danny as a big common threat from behind, people talk about his capability as if its consistent threat but its not, he doesn't have the consistency for me to bet on him pulling out top run after run and been a consistent underdog or consistent threat. His capable but the days he can put it together well it seems like world champs was the only day so far.

I think its wise to also note how much of the community is probably from the UK and they love danny, I have no doubt he can get up on the podium but his consistency and even overall results in recent years since worlds have not been up there.

+1 giant need to look for a higher placed rider. But from marketing needles and danny are two pretty well liked rider to have pushing the brand.

MarioM

Likes Dirt
I think Sam is up too . Signed for 2 years with the extension option if results were there ( correct me if wrong ) . If you were CRC you would move fairly quickly to sign him .

zids

Likes Dirt
Sam is staying at CRC for sure! CRC may however look to bring in some more pedigree

heavyp

You heard it here first
I think Sam is up too . Signed for 2 years with the extension option if results were there ( correct me if wrong ) . If you were CRC you would move fairly quickly to sign him .
I think he will/should stay the results are there, the team are getting along well by the looks of things, Sam's super happy and sounds more positive than ever and the bike is clearly working well and having Jacy another plus.

heavyp

You heard it here first
Troy to CRC ? Gwin needs to break contract and go back to Trek and Gwin again .
If Gwin was to go back to Trek he still won't win a Worlds unless Trek move to SRAM haha, first Shimano brakes fail for Gwin on his run in 2012 and now there chains are snapping to prevent another American on Trek from winning the Worlds.

flamshmizer

Likes Dirt
He was ranked 14th at he end of 2012, 12th in 2013 and 11th this season, he's getting more consistent. Top 20 with the talent around at the moment really is a feat.

e/ Conviniently skipped over the fact that he was 2nd in 2011. But he had a bad injury in 2012 I beleive. He might not be banner material but he's definitely a quick rider and not past his prime.

Last edited:

ducky1988

Likes Dirt
I would love to see Connor getting more media. An absolute shredder. I don't know it it's the bike or perhaps not quite his time to shine yet.

Hill's starting to fall in love with that bike and that team. Happiest he has been for a while.

Gwinn seems like a dude whos happy when he is paid.

Hart is definitely not passed his prime. It seemed like he has had a couple of off years and just needs a kick in the ass to get back in form.

Who ever takes Mullaly is on to a winner. He is pinned at the moment

EDIT: I am also rather exited to see intense and YT in the mix. Especially since YT have never really been interested in the WC

Last edited:

heavyp

You heard it here first
I think the drawings mean nothing and anything can happen, I do feel or order not mentioned who was showing really good pace was Mark Beaumont and beer since the Athertons joins GT he's been lost in the shadows, he deserves a move time for change.

Also as mentioned earlier be to see fearon get a good ride or Kona bring on another respectable rider as he seems like he's the main guy there and has no one to train or really practice with and play off each other.

While we are on it what about bike rumors F Yt and ktm off bring back Yeti and Cannondale these kids need a history lesson!

driftking

Wheel size expert
I'd like to see fearon picked up by a good team preferably an Aussie. It would be sick to see him with Sam. You look at troy and Connor a few years ago they were neck and neck. Troy had that mentoring and time under Sam. I'd be stoked to see him ride under mick actually.

Last edited:

Isildur

The Real Pedant
Well, I guess the Intense connection will be related somehow to Shaun Palmer's return? ;) Whether or not he's racing or just managing, it'll be good to see the Miserable Champion back on the scene!

http://vimeo.com/104981906

caad9

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Following all the Vital MTB coverage this year, there were countless days where they made mention of how fast Connor was in practice.
He just hasn't landed a top result yet, but it seems he's right on the verge.

I'm looking forward to Stevie/Ratboy/Sam all smashing each other for the whole of 2015