DH 2016 Pivot Phoenix Carbon build thread.

hazza6542

Eats Squid
Doesn't look like my horse is coming back, decided to move forward 10 years in design. Placed my order for a frame this morning, hopefully it'll arrive before the month is out.

Always loved pivots, Halloween is coming up, so black and orange it is. Committed to a frame, and I'm in budget for my dream build.

Spec list - Orange purchased, black still coming

Frame: 2016 Pivot Phoenix Carbon
Fork: 2017 Fox 40 Float
Shock: Fox Float X2
Shifter: SRAM X01 DH 7 speed
Derailleur: SRAM X01 DH 7 speed
Cassette: SRAM GX 7 speed
Chain ring: Race face narrow wide direct - black
Chain guide: E13 LG1
Brakes: SRAM Guide RSC
Cranks: Race Face SIXC
Pedals: Race Face Atlas
Hubs: Hope Pro 4
Rims: Stan's no tubes Flow MK3 with orange decals
Spokes: DT Swiss something
Nipples: hehehe, nipples...
Tires: Schwalbe Magic Mary
Handle bars: Race Face SIXC carbon limited edition fox orange
Stem: Race Face Atlas direct mount
Grips: ODI
Seat post: Race Face SIXC i-beam
Saddle: Race Face Atlas i-beam

Should be looking at a 14.? Kg dh rig, first time on 650b and carbon, will be interesting. Geo and ETT are almost identical to the old horse so it should be perfect.

Won't be any updates for a while until everything arrives, but parts should be here first, then once the frame arrives she gets built that night. Will still miss the horse, but the pivot is aptly named for this situation.

Sent from my galaxy for the last time while I can still afford a phone plan before I blow all my money on double shot decaf dairy free full cream chai lattes at the local Cafe every Sunday morning discussing why 650b and carbon are like sooooo much faster.

Last edited:
Z

Zaf

No bottle cage bosses?!

But those frames look seriously good. I love those two links, they look so solid and ready for action.
Replied to subscribe.

Are you doing any fancy custom colour matching with the other components?

hazza6542

Eats Squid
It's a hollow core frame, you just fill it up with water through the dropper post routing and the seat tube doubles as a straw.

Bars with orange decals, crank decals custom with black lettering and small orange highlight, orange flow mk3 rims. Other than that just stealth.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Z

Zaf

It's a hollow core frame, you just fill it up with water through the dropper post routing and the seat tube doubles as a straw.

Bars with orange decals, crank decals custom with black lettering and small orange highlight, orange flow mk3 rims. Other than that just stealth.
Great....I'm now thinking of doing shots from my frames, and more so which drinks would be best out of which frame.

Colours sound classy!!! Big fan of orange, and orange and black in the right touches looks brilliant.

hazza6542

Eats Squid
Dave Weagle whore! Will be a sweet build but.
What else would you expect? I've always said if I had the money I'd put the Sunday aside and buy a Phoenix, and in a reverse situation of sorts here I am. How can I not love the guy, he's building an old beetle at the moment, we're best mates I'm telling ya.

jarrod839

Banned
Seriously nice build mate and eager to see it built and a ride report.
Any idea if fox are going to release the 40's with orange lowers and black stanchions.

hazza6542

Eats Squid
Seriously nice build mate and eager to see it built and a ride report.
Any idea if fox are going to release the 40's with orange lowers and black stanchions.
She should be nice, everything is ordered ready to go, frame might be some time though.
Black stanchion 40s are go, but only as OEM parts so far, you'll see em on new lower spec DH bikes soon. I'd say there will be some sort of special edition orange lowers with kashima at some point.

hazza6542

Eats Squid
Whoo, frame will be here on Friday. Some bits and pieces have arrived early, the bars are a favourite.

Sent from my HTC_0P6B using Tapatalk

hazza6542

Eats Squid
More goodies, the parts pile is getting bigger, should have more again tomorrow.

hazza6542

Eats Squid
i reckon it's the best part of a custom build is coming home and having a box of parts sitting there.
Getting a message from the bike shop in the morning for 40s was great, then this afternoon after groceries all the race face gear was there, couldn't be better.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
i reckon it's the best part of a custom build is coming home and having a box of parts sitting there.
I like to have a little ceremony...loud dramatic music, a small crowd (even did sparklers once), hold each item up for all to see and appreciate as it is drawn from the box (even if it is just the dog watching).

Stash looks awesome.