2016 UCI MTB World Cup Downhill

Three

Likes Bikes
FYI, Dirt Magazine posted a fucking spoiler on Facebook for the womens results, so do yourselves a favour and close that shit.

Fucking pricks.
Yeah,that was fucked up.

But when they waited for the end of the Redbull feed to finish and post results, people were still complaining about spoilers.

ajay

^Once punched Jeff Kennett. Don't pick an e-fight
Watching Loic reminds me of Hill in his formative years. Loose, fast, creative, exhilarating. He'll put it all together soon :)

oliosky

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Still stoked for Gwin. That pretty much shut up the armchair experts

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Duane

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Gutted for Dean, new factory ride and a big off in the first race. Hope the injury isn't too bad.

Gutted for Dean, new factory ride and a big off in the first race. Hope the injury isn't too bad.
There's footage of Dean's crash on Instagram from a different angle- one of the gnarlier OTBs I've seen :shocked:. Pretty sickening crash. His body's at full extension with bike still attached to his feet & he just pendulums into the tree so hard, ala El Escorpion. No wonder he rag-dolled the way he did. Amazing he was even able to get back on the bike. He's such a trooper. Hopefully he's ok.
https://www.instagram.com/p/BEBxBZSrK_G/?taken-by=deanos_machineos

Looking at the final placings/times & it's a pretty impressive list of big names who were way off the pace i.e. outside the top-20. I'd have been less surprised if it had been a case of conditions being crazy gnarly during the finals, but the track was definitely looking the best it had all week come race time. A particularly rough weekend in the saddle for the new factory GT team!

Don't think there's a rider out there who isn't licking a wound or two after Lourdes.

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
This is reminding me of the Sam Hill era where people had to go beyond their ability to even catch up. Bruni may have given us a clear example that the other riders are going to need to go next-level to get near Gwin, he really is that fast. Honestly, every section that Red Bull showed of Gwin was so pinned; maybe not over the rock but still warp speed! He is so exciting to watch and we're all in for a treat watching the other guys play catch up.

I was mystified as to why the gaps were so big. Some will say the track was changing etc but the early times were pretty good!

ajay

^Once punched Jeff Kennett. Don't pick an e-fight
This is reminding me of the Sam Hill era where people had to go beyond their ability to even catch up. Bruni may have given us a clear example that the other riders are going to need to go next-level to get near Gwin, he really is that fast. Honestly, every section that Red Bull showed of Gwin was so pinned; maybe not over the rock but still warp speed! He is so exciting to watch and we're all in for a treat watching the other guys play catch up.

I was mystified as to why the gaps were so big. Some will say the track was changing etc but the early times were pretty good!
Even when he raced Lourdes last season, his pace was noticeably faster, and his line choice was unique too - especially that last turn before the finish line, he somehow straight-lined it while everyone followed the chicane.
He's definitely next level, with both his raw pace, and race craft.
Definitely nothing to do with the conditions!

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
Jesus pole-axing Christ, I reckon Dean's nuts ended up wearing a tree/bike ensemble in that crash. Dude will be sore everything between ankle and eyelid today.

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
Jesus pole-axing Christ, I reckon Dean's nuts ended up wearing a tree/bike ensemble in that crash. Dude will be sore everything between ankle and eyelid today.
Word on the street is that he's getting / has been X rayed today. That was a nasty fall. :twitch: Here's hoping he's all good. ;)

Boom King

downloaded a pic of moorey's bruised arse
Anyone know if YT are the first bike brand to achieve a win on debut in WC DH?

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
Anyone know if YT are the first bike brand to achieve a win on debut in WC DH?
I was thinking the same thing myself and I reckon it's gotta be. I can't think of anything in the last twenty years that wasn't a developing bike.

Ivan

Eats Squid
5mm rain both days... and every day leading up to it. Going to be sticky .

It's a very fine line between peanut butter slippery hell and dry and dusty up there, do hopefully 0-5mm is perfect........ I really really want it to be dry and fast