2018 Santa Cruz Nomad

B Rabbit

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Word has it full details released today. But a picture has already leaked. Certainly not an initial fan of the look, but maybe it'll grow on me. Colour is meh.

1139832d1496258495-2017-nomad-changes-nomad4.jpg

Last edited:

The Dude

Wasn't asking to be banned
Much Fuglier

Mini V10; but Fuglier

No doubt it will work nicely; but it looks like the whole range is getting more 'duro (and this thing has gone FR! With a Coil shock!)

B Rabbit

Likes Bikes and Dirt
The old one had a water bottle mount, however with this one you could no doubt fit a full size bottle whilst only a small one in the previous Nomad.

schred

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Strange looking bike, something is a bit odd about the lines. Reminds of a mish mash of older bikes and kona paint from mid 2000s.

Lower CG of shock placement great, but prob offset by being coil and what appears like front triangle sitting higher? Dunno.

Could be my eyes, but is that a post mount on the rear triangle? If so it only took them a decade, and if not, still holding out!

droenn

Fat Man's XC President
I actually quite like that.

Which is easy to say, because I'll never have that much to spend on a bike.

BT180

Max Pfaff
Looks great. Certainly different to previous iterations. Unfortunately I'm no doctor or dentist...

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
It looks like that back ends going to have alot of flex, hard to tell from this photo.

I don't understand why santa cruz gets such a cult following, I've never really found their bikes to warrant the price tag.

cabbo

Likes Dirt
The old bullit was a blast... does the sticker mention it is "the lost nomad".. maybe now it is a park free ride bike and holds up to a different stigma all together that outside of the glam, if not another top link rethink may help give back to some modern ascetics..

Nautonier

Eats Squid
Not much use anymore for a Nomad in Australia.

Really, why? I would have thought that it would be a great bike to ride DH tracks on and not have to rely on shuttles. Also good for aggressive trail riding. Tracks in Australia aren't that steep or long compared to the rest of the world, but there's plenty of gnarly tech out there that warrants that amount of travel and those slack angles.

I agree that the rear triangle looks like it would have a bit flex without the additional support struts on the current model.

BT180

Max Pfaff
Yeah, your probably right. I guess I meant that the vast majority of Nomads here at the moment seem to used as trail bikes. At least from what I see in my local area. The new version would be overkill. I'm sure there is a place for them though.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Well...I've loved the Nomad since it was born and my v2 was one of the greatest bikes I've ever owned. This new version looks like it has borrowed from the v10's suspension set up, I'll be curious to hear why. I don't like that kink on the down tube or the colour...camel arse meets hipster pants!

As for where to ride it...everywhere!

B Rabbit

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Wish they went for more pop with the colour.
It is growing on me, wonder how it compares to a Pivot Firebird....