1. Welcome!
    You might have noticed things are a little different. The very, very short of it is we've moved to a new forum platform, XenForo. Head here for the slightly longer version.
    Dismiss Notice

2018 World Cup discussion

Discussion in 'Downhill' started by Dozer, Oct 19, 2017.

1. ajay

ajay ^Once punched Jeff Kennett. Don't pick an e-fight

Not even talking about the syndicate.... /shrug

Since early 2000s (14-15 years) Greg has been an absolute power house - like peaty was during his glorious tenure. Thats all. Chill out hombre :)

2. moorey

moorey Isn't flammable.

Nothing to do with Mick, goes back a couple of years:noidea:
    Disagree about Gwinn. Reckon he'll dominate more this year, out to prove he wasn't default winner.

3. Boom King

Boom King Wheel size expert

Not so sure there will be an increase in domination. It feels like the time is upon us for a few of the younger crew to step up their consistency and competitiveness. I reckon five or six will battle it out if weather isn't a factor.

I quite liked Loic but he lost me this year with his bitching about wagon wheels, not that I like them but I feel those who want to, should be free to without fear of retribution or ridicule.

4. Minnaar is an absolute professional. Just so calculating.
    Probably something similar to Alain Prost in terms of preparation. I'm a big fan of his.
    Just comes across as a good guy and can really ride. If not for his tyre/wheel issues he was a real chance this year.
    And he always says it "Win or lose, we're on the booze"
    What's not to like?
    Won't be another Steve Peat. No question. He's a legend and pretty much IS downhill for so many fans.
    But the old school style of riding hard and partying harder is gone. Won't win much by doing that or not for long at least.
    Being fit is as important as being fast it seems. All of the top guys look to be carved from stone. No beer guts to be seen.

5. Boom King

Boom King Wheel size expert

Watch the Senna documentary, gives you a different perspective on Prost!

6. moorey

moorey Isn't flammable.

[video=youtube_share;ECB6zHgdCjk]https://youtu.be/ECB6zHgdCjk[/video]
    No mention :noidea:

7. Mywifesirrational

Mywifesirrational Likes Bikes and Dirt

I went the opposite way with him, was neither a fan or a hater before but now think he's great.

Not so much to do with the wheel size thing, more that he just bluntly stated his position and why, didn't hurt that what he said made sense, at least to me.

8. kurtis1984

kurtis1984 Likes Bikes

Peaty was racing for Saracen in the early 90s, Minnaar didn't race for a team until 1999. Chronologically and "professionally" (i.e. level of organisation in teams, training vs partying etc), Peaty was from the previous generation.

9. jbg

jbg Likes Dirt

10. Dozer

Dozer Heavy machinery. Staff Member

11. jbg

jbg Likes Dirt

He also said Danny will have more fun on this team? Syndicate? Don’t hear too much about Saracen being a fun team, maybe some others joining a new Saracen team.......

12. Mr_hANky

Mr_hANky Likes Bikes and Dirt

He literally points at the Santa Cruz in the work stand at 2:28