2020 World Cup Discussion

Flow-Rider

Burner
I wonder what the rider feedback will be on Bruni’s “secret” weapon
@moorey will be stoked. :p

I had to laugh when Hifi put the video up of the suspension mechanic because I knew what was going on in the background, I used to do the suspension for a field of about 20 race cars and they all think you have biased favouritism towards certain racers.

moorey

call me Mia
@moorey will be stoked. :p

I had to laugh when Hifi put the video up of the suspension mechanic because I knew what was going on in the background, I used to do the suspension for a field of about 20 race cars and they all think you have biased favouritism towards certain racers.
Just watched. My 2c
Greg
was robbed. Fuck
Lockouts
...might be allowed, might be legal....but it’s the only reason he got up Imho.
Blah blah...prepares for pedants..

Dangals

Likes Dirt
but it’s the only reason he got up Imho.
Considering the time gap between the top places you are 100% spot on....will be interesting to see what comes next because of it

Was a good race still - was cheering Tracey on live last night and bummed to see her stack it right at the end in her final race....was going to be close if she didn't.

moorey

call me Mia
Yeah, watched women’s live, was going to be close. Still a great way to bow out.

Look at the time made up on the last race when boost was activated as well. Just sayin.

moorey

call me Mia
Actually chigs it does. He got the fastest time. It’s a race against the clock m8.
Best rider and fastest time don’t have to be the same thing. The rest is semantics. Was Lohekoinen the best rider in 2007 At Champery 2007? He doesn’t think so.
This reminds me of the skin suit/visor debacle of days past. There was absolutely nothing unethical about it...but it was a bad look.

Last edited:

moorey

call me Mia
Pretty much.

You don't like it when someone's bike is an advantage over someone else's bike.
I think it’s a bad look when ONE person has a trick no one else has, and wins by a bees dick because of it.

It’s the epitome of why Bruni shits me. :p

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
Did a brief bit of reading before, it seems lockouts are legal in the sport (ie: Pinkbike article refers to their use at Fort William in 2017). I'm surprised they're not used more to be honest. I don't really mind if they're used or not, but I would like to see them limited to mechanically activated systems (I don't trust anything electronic in a bicycle race, as hidden motors are a little too easy these days).

Boom King

downloaded a pic of moorey's bruised arse
Did a brief bit of reading before, it seems lockouts are legal in the sport (ie: Pinkbike article refers to their use at Fort William in 2017). I'm surprised they're not used more to be honest. I don't really mind if they're used or not, but I would like to see them limited to mechanically activated systems (I don't trust anything electronic in a bicycle race, as hidden motors are a little too easy these days).
They're a dime a dozen in the EWS, I'm surprised too.

Sent from my SM-G960N using Tapatalk

moorey

call me Mia
No question that they’re legal...as per my first comment.
Is it part of the secret box with the mysterious wire to his bars? Guess not seeing he reached for a switch.
If skin suits weren’t banned...you just know that Bruni would wear one, but forbid Finn from doing so. ;)

hifiandmtb

Sphincter beanie
In interview with Rob Warner just after the race Minaar said that he hit the starting booth's roof with his helmet and displaced his goggles, and he had to put them back in place just after the start. Without this he would have won. Which I think he should and deserves more than anyone else.
Yeah wow. I wonder if the Specialized team lowered the exit threshold?

frenchman

Eats cheese. Sells crack.
I think it’s a bad look when ONE person has a trick no one else has, and wins by a bees dick because of it.

It’s the epitome of why Bruni shits me. :p
You mean like the time Minnaar smokes the field multiple times with a magic gearbox bike?
It’s legal and he won. Don’t be salty.

Best rider and fastest time don’t have to be the same thing. The rest is semantics. Was Lohekoinen the best rider in 2007 At Champery 2007? He doesn’t think so.
This reminds me of the skin suit/visor debacle of days past. There was absolutely nothing unethical about it...but it was a bad look.
you can’t compare riding in a downpour vs dry to Bruni and his electric bugaloo on the same track and conditions as Minnaar.