2021 World Cup Downhill discussion

oliosky

Likes Bikes and Dirt
He got dragged in the PB comments. I had a look at his insta and his insta story isn't anti vax per se but definitely why aren't we all eating healthy as well. Kinda edging towards the naturalistic fallacy
Didnt he quote a fkn Malcolm Roberts interview? Not exactly a Rhode Scholar old Deano...

leitch

Feelin' a bit rrranty
Didnt he quote a fkn Malcolm Roberts interview? Not exactly a Rhode Scholar old Deano...
Didn't see that, but did see that he was spruiking old mate Gypsy Tales's new podcast ep in which he interviews the wonderful Mr Roberts... FFS all these wannabe intellectual bros need to sit the fuck down.

moorey

call me Mia
People are entitled to opinions…however bad…can we please stop expecting people outside their expertise to have a clue what they’re talking about, or giving too much oxygen to it?
I’m torn that people I respect in one area are potentially dangerous in others…but that’s the world we live in now where a platform equates to perceived expertise.

Spike-X

Grumpy Old Sarah
The problem is that someone who was maybe on the fence will hear some of that shit and it will be enough to tip them the wrong way. Then they'll go and spread it to more people, who'll go and spread it to more people, and so on, and so on, and so on.

slowmick

38-39"
He's updated his Insta story to address this.
As with most things - it all depends on the mindset you have when you take in information.

foxpuppet

Eats Squid
He's updated his Insta story to address this.
As with most things - it all depends on the mindset you have when you take in information.
View attachment 379840
He should have split the 2 lines of thought.

1: eating healthy is a better option than the vaccine.

Yeah not really. Covid doesn’t respect your dietary choices. You can be a health food guru and still be hospitalized/die

2. Better Government focus on healthy living/eating (outside of pandemic)

Yes for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Minlak

custom titis
People are entitled to opinions…however bad…can we please stop expecting people outside their expertise to have a clue what they’re talking about, or giving too much oxygen to it?
I’m torn that people I respect in one area are potentially dangerous in others…but that’s the world we live in now where a platform equates to perceived expertise.
Honestly this - People that have a "Following" are often pressured (either corporate or fans) to have an opinion. Whilst there is a responsibility to have an informed opinion - often they are just like most people trying to get by in their skill set.

Kerplunk

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I have followed dean for a while, i recall him getting vaxxed once he landed in europe and was frustrated that he couldn’t get it in oz at the time.. Dunno if he is talking bs or not..
From my reading of his posts he is more in the contrarian/libertarian camp than antivax..

Switch

huskier headed gent

Bren Dog definitely jinxed himself going in to the race talking about the number of stitches he had received in crashes at Lenzerheide in his previous video. This one has some funny content to take the edge off COVID talk ;)

Spike-X

Grumpy Old Sarah

Bren Dog definitely jinxed himself going in to the race talking about the number of stitches he had received in crashes at Lenzerheide in his previous video. This one has some funny content to take the edge off COVID talk ;)
Talking about getting ready for Rampage in five weeks. Gotta love a man with ambition.