2024 World Cup Downhill / EDR

jrewing

Eats Squid
Zerode throwing a team in this year with Blenki and Taylor Vernon.

http://instagr.am/p/C17KH0isndv/
View attachment 406661
Ive emailed them. 6k NZD for frame, drivetrain, shock. June shipping expected.
I want a red one.
Good value. If i buy one online and fly over ride there, do i avoid the GST? And $335 Nzd for shipping. Hoping to put the Gst to a riding trip there.

frenchman

Eats cheese. Sells crack.
I want a red one.
Good value. If i buy one online and fly over ride there, do i avoid the GST? And $335 Nzd for shipping. Hoping to put the Gst to a riding trip there.
nah, it’s gotta be exported to avoid the nz gst.

yuley95

soft-arse Yuley is on the lifts again
I’ll just say it - I don’t get how Frameworks can run a full team. Who’s paying for that? There’s no way they sell enough bikes to cover the cost so who is picking up the bill?

I love what they’re doing but my tiny brain can’t figure out where the money comes from.

caad9

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I’ll just say it - I don’t get how Frameworks can run a full team. Who’s paying for that? There’s no way they sell enough bikes to cover the cost so who is picking up the bill?

I love what they’re doing but my tiny brain can’t figure out where the money comes from.
I think Neko has hit the sweet spot of patriotism and bike nerds.
His project has a lot of eyes on it - Whitely would be able to turn that into $$$

The American audience is huge, particularly with their riders.

Case in point, they are all so frazzled about what Gwin is riding, despite the fact he's not been competitive/at the races consistently for 3+ years

yuley95

soft-arse Yuley is on the lifts again
I think Neko has hit the sweet spot of patriotism and bike nerds.
His project has a lot of eyes on it - Whitely would be able to turn that into $$$

The American audience is huge, particularly with their riders.

Case in point, they are all so frazzled about what Gwin is riding, despite the fact he's not been competitive/at the races consistently for 3+ years
I’m sure you’re right but I still don’t see how you turn an audience of interested bike nerds into enough $$$ to run a 3-rider team.

He’s not going to be shifting the dial on sales for fox or other sponsors. He’s not going to be selling that many bikes. He only has one helmet to paint in sponsor colours (maybe 3 if Asa and Angel don’t have deals seen up).

What ways are there to monetise this that I’m not seeing?

caad9

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I’m sure you’re right but I still don’t see how you turn an audience of interested bike nerds into enough $$$ to run a 3-rider team.

He’s not going to be shifting the dial on sales for fox or other sponsors. He’s not going to be selling that many bikes. He only has one helmet to paint in sponsor colours (maybe 3 if Asa and Angel don’t have deals seen up).

What ways are there to monetise this that I’m not seeing?
It's probably the same for every team.
I'm not sure that many people are buying bikes based on what their favourite rider is on, my assumption is either budget or particular features are the driving force behind bike sales.

Rotorburn is a terrific example of how little World Cup racing means to a mountain biking community, albeit a smaller sample size.

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
I want a red one.
I've seen a trick executed where you fly to another country with a bike box and a bike in the box that will be a donor bike to wherever you land. Make a deal to pick the bike up in New Zealand and pay for it (maybe even cash), leave the donor bike at a hostel or something then bring the new bike home.
You can also consider looking into the fine print of the Tourist Refund Scheme where you can claim the GST on an item you've purchased to take overseas. I think you need to be able to check the item in as carry on if requested but I have had some success claiming money back on small things (helmet, camera, shoes etc).

fjohn860

Alice in diaperland
Gwin on Crestline bikes and part owner.