24 inch rhyno lite or 24 inch s.m.o

wonderllama

Likes Dirt
hey firstly i was wondering if you can get these rims in 24 inch versions and secondly i was wondering wats stonger, wight doesnt matter...
i need a strong rear v-brakes rim for my hardtail ppreferably 24 inch...
i was think either s.m.o or rhyno lite.????
wats better...i do dh, dj, and urban so everything and big drops....
thanks y`all :wink:

S.

ex offender
SMO. My cousin (I'll send ya a vid of what he does if you like) has had both, killed the rhyno lite pretty quick, but loves his SMOs.

kalem

Likes Bikes and Dirt
If weight is not an issue then SMO for sure, my mate has had a pair of 26 and they've seen the most brutal beating's known to wheels, yet the wheel hasn't been touched since he got it two years ago... :shock: A good wheel builder is always important too!

G

The MOTO MOJO ones.....24inch 48 spokers :shock:

these are DICE SMO rims with dt hubs and dt spokes......if your after a wheelset of course

wonderllama

Likes Dirt
hey how much do the moto mojos cost cause i can prob get a smo on formule hub for about 200 and if there under 300 ill get one ... there soooo sweet

HOW MUCH ARE SMO MOTO MOJO wheels???????????????

wonderllama

Likes Dirt
hey how much do the moto mojos cost cause i can prob get a smo on formule hub for about 200 and if there under 300 ill get one ... there soooo sweet

HOW MUCH ARE SMO MOTO MOJO wheels???????????????

fastrider gus

super huck
im prety sure they are 26" only sorry dude...
all smo's are.. rhyno's arent worth sh!t..
try some alex AX32's in a 24". ment to be prety good.

wombat

Lives in a hole
If weight isn't an issue, can't you get Supra's in a 24"?
As for the two you listed, I can only comment on the Rhynos. I've got the 26s and they've been great. Don't stress too much about the rim though, worry more about getting a good build done. That will have a bigger impact than your choice of rim.

S.

ex offender
wonderllama said:
hey wat u guys think of a 24 inch s.m.o on a dice roulete disc hub ,dt spokes and nipples.... $$$328

from wheel craft
It'd suck, seeing as SMOs only come in 26".

CHEWY

Eats Squid
as said before a DX32... but theyve had lots of problems with spiltting at the seams.. umm 24 double track??

S.

ex offender
Mavic XY if you can get your mitts on one (they're basically a 24" 521, but I don't think they make em anymore), otherwise I'd recommend a Trailpimp (but NOT an Aircorp).

S.

ex offender
yeah, that's what a trailpimp is... if Andrew throws out his front wheel, buy it off him for cheap, heave the hub, keep the rim and lace it to some other hub!

G

they make the moto mojo in a 24 though.....

"The ultimate in heavy duty wheels. Built with 48 spokes Dice SMO rims and the all new Dice Hoodoo convertible hubs. Front: both QR and 20mm, rear: boh QR and 12mm. Available in BOTH 24" and 26" at $879 pair." this is from the latest AMB! so they do make a SMO in a 24 socket

S.

ex offender
Cool, do you happen to have a 48 spoke, 10mm axle, MTB spacing hub? Or are you going to buy the entire wheel (ie including hub)?

G

you could buy the hub seperatly im sure.....but im sure if someone was gonna but the motos theyd buy the entire wheel