24 inch rhyno lite or 24 inch s.m.o

CHEWY

Eats Squid
what id like to know is why so many things in mtb refer to motobikes all the time, eg. moto mojo, what the hells a 48 spoke 24in mtb rim got to do with motos?>

S.

ex offender
CHEWY said:
what id like to know is why so many things in mtb refer to motobikes all the time, eg. moto mojo, what the hells a 48 spoke 24in mtb rim got to do with motos?>
Ever broken a motorbike frame/wheel/swingarm/fork? No? Maybe they're "tough".

CHEWY

Eats Squid
hahaha now that u mention it, ive snapped a CR250 frame in half below the headtube, split a rim, and bent a fork.....

S.

ex offender
How the hell did you do that?! My cousin came up short on a BIG double on his YZ (he claims 50-60ft but I claim BS on that), had both ankles strapped up for a few weeks (could barely walk), and NO damage to the bike whatsoever...

CHEWY

Eats Squid
the frame was jumping off a BIG dam wall to flat, the rim and forks happened at the same time when i had a big highside going flatout and the bike hit a drainage pipe

S.

ex offender
Well the rim and the forks is just crash damage then... I could write off an army tank by crashing it, doesn't mean it's not tough.

sxereturn

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Snapping MX frames isn't that hard. Supercross guys stretch MX bikes wheelbases by 3 inches after 4 or 5 races...

sxereturn

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Oh yeah, most swingarms are strong as shit on MX bikes, apart from KTM's from '99 to '02...I've seen many snap right in the middle...

CHEWY

Eats Squid
yea motocross and supercross kills bikes... never seen a ktm swingarm snap but ive seen many a YZ linkage go

wombat

Lives in a hole
Socket said:
CHEWY said:
Ever broken a motorbike frame/wheel/swingarm/fork? No? Maybe they're "tough".
Or maybe it's because they weigh a ton? Seriously, do you trash so many wheels that you can justify a 48 spoke wheelset? If you do, and you're not doing something REALLY big, then maybe studying your technique would reap more benefits.

As for the rim, how about an Intense MAG? I've heard from a lot more people who are happy with them than are happy with trailpimps.