26 officially done?

indica

Serial flasher
I find it funny when I see 5 foot tall girls riding XS Specialized 29ers, the wheels are almost higher than the seat. Kinda looks like outtacontrol riding his would.

Knut

Troll hunter
Derr, they think the big wheels make their asses look smaller.

When will they work out that wheel size cannot effect the height of their husbands?

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
Derr, they think the big wheels make their asses look smaller.

When will they work out that wheel size cannot effect the height of their husbands?
Says he who is neck height to a 29" wheel......................:evil:

In case you missed it, I've left this thread open for a pisstake on anyone who wants to join in. The topic is useless but well worth a few laughs.

outtacontrol

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I find it funny when I see 5 foot tall girls riding XS Specialized 29ers, the wheels are almost higher than the seat. Kinda looks like outtacontrol riding his would.
I feel you have misrepresented me Indica... :noidea:

Hard to tell it even is a clowner....

Attachments

MARKL

Eats Squid
I don't think this will be happening. No matter how much you tweak the geometry of a 29er, in comparison to a 26" bike you have to contend with:
-longer chainstays,
-higher BB height No need for the BB to be higher, BB drop for the same height BB will be more but this can only be an advantage
-flexier and weaker wheels Given the widespread move to thru axles this is less of an issue
-chain growth issues on FS bikes Looking forward to hearing why would this be any different to a 26er?
Above...........

moorey

call me Mia
Back off. The tioga was the most comfy DH seat ever. Oh, maybe I was so slow in DH because I sat down too often...
I had a brand new one Picked up that I was planning to put on my old rmx for the full retro experience, but my mates aussie bulldog shredded it the other day. Poor dog is already so fucking ugly I let it slide, but still gutted.

flamshmizer

Likes Dirt
Are 29" wheels that much weaker? Does the extra 1.5" of leverage really lead to that many more taco'd rims?

Genuine question.

stoo

Likes Dirt
I had a brand new one Picked up that I was planning to put on my old rmx for the full retro experience, but my mates aussie bulldog shredded it the other day. Poor dog is already so fucking ugly I let it slide, but still gutted.
EAT A DICK!
I'd get you another one but old bean has the shits with me I think.....

moorey

call me Mia
EAT A DICK!
I'd get you another one but old bean has the shits with me I think.....
Oh, I think you'll be the one eating it by the sounds of things. Whining about the seat is better than having the seat, now that I think about it...

harmonix1234

Eats Squid
Electric powered 700c CX bikes are the future of mountain biking.
Yep. You heard it here first.

(braces for incoming)

26" will be around for many years. At least long enough to justify buying a new 26" bike.
Who gives a damn what you ride. Really? I'd love a 29er, a good 26er and a 650b. Why not?
We are in a golden age of cycling where we have every wheel size option available, at the best technological level, and we all want to get on here and have a whinge about it?
Manufacturers will be making all sizes for yonks so just everyone just needs to get over the fact that some people like different wheel sizes and leave this redundant argument alone.
If you enjoy it, and it's on a bike, and you have no restrictions on your choices for gear then it's all good. And that is where we are right now, and will be for a long time.