26" trail frames?? Are they around?

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
I just want snappy and responsive...there's fun to be had in the air.

The old blur 4x was a sexy bike. The stand over was a bit high, but otherwise....mum. Oedipus complex anyone?

Part of me is hoping the dual slalom from last crank works catches on and some appropriate bikes appear. That part of me is a pretty big part.
There are plenty of appropriate bikes for that. Downsize a scout, pivot 5.5, commencal meta TR, whyte t130, evil's short travel 27.5 bike, dmr bolts, production privee full susser.
All capable bikes with fun numbers, just marketed differently.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Did you see some of the hack jobs pros were trying to run for the slalom?

You don't dig a bit of mum?

the drizzle

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I bought a sb66 in xl and the thing was massive! I sold it and got a large. I ride a xl banshee rune also. For me the large sb66 is almost the same sizing as the xl banshee fwiw.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Shredden

Knows his goats
I'd heard rumours the SB66 has weak chainstays? Any truth to that? Maybe it's just the carbon ones? I dont really want a carbon bike anyway, so if that's the case it shouldn't be an issue.

yuley95

soft-arse Yuley is on the lifts again
I'd heard rumours the SB66 has weak chainstays? Any truth to that? Maybe it's just the carbon ones? I dont really want a carbon bike anyway, so if that's the case it shouldn't be an issue.
Lots of people had problems with the swing arm cracking where it is heavily curved just behind the bottom bracket. Was only an issue with alloy hence the US version of the alloy bike bein spec’d with a carbon rear triangle in the end.

Having said that, I owned the frame the drizzle was on before him and it was fine. I rode it pretty hard on a range of trails including Buller and at Bright and it was rock solid.

I reckon if you find an alloy frame that’s still rolling strong at this point it will be fine.

EDIT: I’m on a carbon SB66 now. I reckon it’s a great bike

moorey

call me Mia
The first model alloy, yes. 5 out of 5 I personally knew of cracked and were replaced with an updated version. I’d be surprised if there’s still an original one out there.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Remember @ChopSticks? He cracked a few alloy rear ends. As per @yuley95 the carbon version didn't really get many complaints by comparison.